Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Sanity and AoP are only face because nobody is truly heel in NXT. That's just how NXT has been ever since Sasha, really. I don't think either team would be or last as faces on the main shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

mfw

pressedbunny posted:

Sanity and AoP are only face because nobody is truly heel in NXT.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That's not a heel, that's history's greatest monster :gonk:

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Jerusalem posted:

That's not a heel, that's history's greatest monster :gonk:

ciampa was right

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

ciampa was right

You are history's second greatest monster :gonk:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I am glad my strong vaguely worrying friend Tommaso Ciampa made the right choice for himself. When is he due back?

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Le Saboteur posted:

I feel like TM61 desperately needs repackaging at this point. The team name just doesn't stick and their actual names are not very memorable either. I was running through the roster on WWE 2K18 the other day and was wondering why someones create a wrestler dudes had got into the game then realised they were TM61.

They need to be repackaged out the loving door because they are completely unremarkable in every single way.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

projecthalaxy posted:

I am glad my strong vaguely worrying friend Tommaso Ciampa made the right choice for himself. When is he due back?

Sometime in March its looking like.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

spudsbuckley posted:

They need to be repackaged out the loving door because they are completely unremarkable in every single way.

oh hey it’s spudsbuckley

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

You are history's second greatest monster :gonk:

johnny gargano was holding him back, he was one telling him, "don't do the project ciampa, it makes me look like a baby and you like a big strong man"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Fairly obvious/linear matchmaking I know but the current plan for the next NXT Takeover in Philadephia is Almas vs Black.

That's honestly moderately interesting, because I could actually see them having Almas go over, presumably with Zelina's help, and then you do a gimmick on the WM show to keep her out, like a cage or something, leading to Black getting the belt. (Or Almas beats him and Black gets called up?)

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

spudsbuckley posted:

I don't think they're interesting characters yet but they're good in the ring and their finisher is great.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

pressedbunny posted:

Sanity and AoP are only face because nobody is truly heel in NXT. That's just how NXT has been ever since Sasha, really. I don't think either team would be or last as faces on the main shows.

AoP were stone cold heels when they first came around. That was long after Sasha was called up.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Yes, people can start off as heels upon their initial introduction. But once the Fullsail crowd has seen them enough they cheer them regardless, which in modern WWE (NXT included) means you're going the way of Sasha, KO, Iconic, Revival, etc; the only people in NXT who manage to start and maintain being heels (both in terms of how they're reacted to and how they're presented) are the people who are truly gently caress-awful (e.g. Elias). Look at Asuka, still a firm face even once she began outright cheating. Look at Adam Cole, the leader of what passes as the main heel team in NXT but you'd never guess it with the split commentary, rapid merchandising, grand presentation and of course the crowds.
People in NXT turn face or settle into a neutral alignment at most; they don't turn heel.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

pressedbunny posted:

Yes, people can start off as heels upon their initial introduction. But once the Fullsail crowd has seen them enough they cheer them regardless, which in modern WWE (NXT included) means you're going the way of Sasha, KO, Iconic, Revival, etc; the only people in NXT who manage to start and maintain being heels (both in terms of how they're reacted to and how they're presented) are the people who are truly gently caress-awful (e.g. Elias). Look at Asuka, still a firm face even once she began outright cheating. Look at Adam Cole, the leader of what passes as the main heel team in NXT but you'd never guess it with the split commentary, rapid merchandising, grand presentation and of course the crowds.
People in NXT turn face or settle into a neutral alignment at most; they don't turn heel.

One t-shirt doesn't mean you're a face. Miz has loving T-shirts. ZIGGLER has merch. And the Revival only barely started getting cheered before being called up. They were firm heels the whole time they were in NXT. That was the beauty of them, they were actually getting heat for beating guys like DIY and Enzo/Cass.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I was waiting for call ups to happen before making the new thread so I could mention them there but goddammit they put Liv Morgan on the same TV show as Carmella why

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS
I am happy to see Ruby Riot doing some stuff on the main roster.

Also, am I the only one who wants to see a mixed tag with the team of Kairi/Velveteen Dream ending the match with a combo Insane Elbow/Purple Rainmaker?

I've watched Dream/Black like four times now, and it's still incredible.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
NXT weirdly has like 3 of the best flying elbows in wrasslin right now (Eric Young's is real good too)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

I was waiting for call ups to happen before making the new thread so I could mention them there but goddammit they put Liv Morgan on the same TV show as Carmella why

Are you going to do this with Ember and Naomi?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

rovert posted:

Do they both have a Jersey Trash gimmick?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Ember and Naomi don’t have gimmicks that are extremely similar

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

goddammit trips never took a mark picture with SAnitY new thread canceled

also I had saved this tweet forever to use in the new OP and it took me so long to write it that it's no longer valid :(

https://twitter.com/LeoGaoWWE/status/890710260712951808

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Staten Island isn’t in Jersey.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Staten Island isn’t in Jersey.

yes it is

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

hideo itami just got a coming soon tease on 205

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Staten Island Trash is uniquely different than Jersey Trash. Please don’t be racist.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

If they make him champion, cool. If he loses to Enzo.... :sigh:

I had such high hopes when he got signed :(

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

First they will make Itami feud with Enzo on the mic :getin:

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

Who attacked Hideo Itami

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

yeah, but we might get itami kicking enzo in the face after enzo fucks up getting thrown out of the ring

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Let's talk about Ruby Riot beating Abbey Laith to a NXT Takeover, the video game and to the main roster despite being signed the same day.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Jerusalem posted:

I mean I think it's sadly the case that he got long term injuries at the absolutely worst times in NXT

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

Let's talk about Ruby Riot beating Abbey Laith to a NXT Takeover, the video game and to the main roster despite being signed the same day.

Okay

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

rovert posted:

Ruby seems like a great example of high floor low ceiling. I don't know what the deal is really with Laith. She was solid in the MYC but her character and outfit felt very under cooked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

new thread alert!!! I spent entire fives of minutes on this OP, please enjoy it https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841392

• Locked thread