Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

this basically prints money for youtube so they allow it, meanwhile h3h3's videos are all demonetized and Jimmy Dore got cut off from ad money.

Burn youtube to the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Banana Republican posted:

The real conspiracy is that Google is making a poo poo-ton of money off this.
then disney should sue the ever-loving poo poo out of them. seems like a pretty open-and-shut case

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
I love the ones that are just made using GTA 5. because half the time you can hear someone shout "gently caress" "bitch" etc.

i have devided the ones i found into 2 catagories.

1. joker and/or venom gently caress with people/murder lighting mcqueen and spider man stops them.

2. color rhyme poo poo where a bunch of people gently caress around a obstical corse and the NPC shout swear words.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdRHmdmeW2M&t

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Aib1CD1Zyc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIZcMzvDBQA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvpUU7wecOc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEtWGzpGcc0

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

a bone to pick posted:

this basically prints money for youtube so they allow it, meanwhile h3h3's videos are all demonetized and Jimmy Dore got cut off from ad money.

The funniest thing possible would be to get everyone aware of this trend and get Google on trouble with Disney and advertisers so I'm not sure why people aren't on that instead of trying to pizzagate the comments section

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014

a bone to pick posted:

I've always been curious about this because in theory the click through rates on these ads should be zero. Do advertisers just don't loving ask for that data from Google and buy ads on their platforms based on blind faith?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Hemingway To Go! posted:

The funniest thing possible would be to get everyone aware of this trend and get Google on trouble with Disney and advertisers so I'm not sure why people aren't on that instead of trying to pizzagate the comments section

disney doesn't give a poo poo. 1. it ends up going back into their pockets eventually anyway(kid will buy the toys and buy the movies) 2. its probably not worth the cost. my guess is half the poo poo is being run/partly run out of countries that doent give a gently caress about copy right law.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNc_D_nlfaY

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_oSI23s8qw

i'll raise you this.

EDIT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Sul9cJrzo

and this.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Nov 19, 2017

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

disney doesn't give a poo poo.
considering how traditionally overprotective they are over their IPs they probably should

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

It also exists in the mobile gaming world

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

get that OUT of my face posted:

considering how traditionally overprotective they are over their IPs they probably should

sure. but who knows. my honest guess is its not worth the effort for some reason.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

The internet was a mistake.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

It also exists in the mobile gaming world

isnt that the one where you can hit her rear end at like mac 5 speed.

http://thefrozengames.com/spank-princess-elsa-butt/

yep. it is.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Did exposure to the internet growing up damage you?

100 % (9 votes)

results are in

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

isnt that the one where you can hit her rear end at like mac 5 speed.

http://thefrozengames.com/spank-princess-elsa-butt/

yep. it is.

HAha that's messed up where can I download it.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Uhhh....

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010
For real though there's like 35 million trash android games with this art style and they're all the same retarded surgery/makeup/kissing booth style junk and theyre actively and aggressively targetted to small children it's loving disgusting and google is terrible for letting that poo poo be on their platform.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Minimalist Program posted:

For real though there's like 35 million trash android games with this art style and they're all the same retarded surgery/makeup/kissing booth style junk and theyre actively and aggressively targetted to small children it's loving disgusting and google is terrible for letting that poo poo be on their platform.

those freak me out more then dumb cartoons made by indian/SEA run algorithm bots. i am sure these are the same.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Minimalist Program posted:

It's almost like parents should actually parent, instead of shifting responsibility to a company that isn't exactly in the childcare business.

dk2m
May 6, 2009

OWLS! posted:

It's almost like parents should actually parent, instead of shifting responsibility to a company that isn't exactly in the childcare business.

i agree, but i was able to get to these weird videos within 4 clicks from a legitimate sesame street video. i'm not a parent, but i can't imagine it's always possible to 100% be focused and engaged with every little thing your kid is doing

the problem is the sheer quantity of these are overwhelming. they seem automatically generated and the amount of videos and channels are endless. combine that with essentially beating youtube's suggestion algorithm and it's not very hard to get to these from a normal video.

when we were all younger, finding the weird poo poo on the internet took a little bit of searching. if you stayed on the normal side, the chances of coming across weird softcore snuff live action videos was not incredibly high. now? the spam bots have taken over youtube and it takes no effort at all.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The lack of a good whitelist system for the internet and sms/messenger makes parenting without being a luddite a hell of a lot harder than it needs to be

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

OWLS! posted:

Parents give their kid a tablet for the same reason previous generations put their kid in front of the tv, to shut the kid up so they can get some rest or quiet. Only a tablet is a lot easier and portable. The real issue is that for some reason people still think google is some benevolent and good company lol

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
People think that parents of yesteryear were better and never parked their kids in front of the TV

TV had/has standards and practices that prevented kids from seeing all the poo poo in the Elsa videos, so the Internet needs that because parents are not going to magically git gud and were never great

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Black face Hulk and friends:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=796CCRdFsuI

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Healthy at Every Size:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99LbWSknxGw

Edit: forgot this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK2asew_9cE

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I thought this was just algorithmic weirdness and the people going full Pizzagate were insane but then I clicked on that live action one that FAU posted and what the actual gently caress :stonk:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

food court bailiff posted:

I thought this was just algorithmic weirdness and the people going full Pizzagate were insane but then I clicked on that live action one that FAU posted and what the actual gently caress :stonk:
The live action ones are very not okay.

Banana Republican
Jul 12, 2007

get that OUT of my face posted:

then disney should sue the ever-loving poo poo out of them. seems like a pretty open-and-shut case

Disney (and other major media companies) have a deal with Google, they upload reference copies to content-id of all their audio/video and anything that matches gets an automatic takedown, plus anything they flag manually gets taken down, no questions asked. If you "appeal" a copyright claim on something Disney flagged as theirs, the appeal goes to Disney, not Google.

Disney gets to do this in return for not suing Google for YouTube piracy. If they wanted to put a team of people on suppressing these videos full time they could, but they're way more worried about people uploading whole copied movies than demented stuff reusing their characters, they've chilled out on that since air pirates funnies in 70's.

Maybe Google pays them off to not ruin their sweet scam, I don't know.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Humans acting off a human made script for the live action ones is disturbing, but humans acting off an AI generated script is disturbing on a different level- machines dictating what humans should do and humans listening :stare:

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
And not questioning the hosed up content the computer AI is generating

"I'll poop where you want me to!" :downs:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Banana Republican posted:

Disney (and other major media companies) have a deal with Google, they upload reference copies to content-id of all their audio/video and anything that matches gets an automatic takedown, plus anything they flag manually gets taken down, no questions asked. If you "appeal" a copyright claim on something Disney flagged as theirs, the appeal goes to Disney, not Google.

Disney gets to do this in return for not suing Google for YouTube piracy. If they wanted to put a team of people on suppressing these videos full time they could, but they're way more worried about people uploading whole copied movies than demented stuff reusing their characters, they've chilled out on that since air pirates funnies in 70's.

Maybe Google pays them off to not ruin their sweet scam, I don't know.

thats what i was saying. its not worth their time and effort. they mostly going after streamers and people uploading full movies.

FactsAreUseless posted:

The live action ones are very not okay.

the ones with little kids. yeah definitely. the ones with weird 20 somethings. ehh.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Humans acting off a human made script for the live action ones is disturbing, but humans acting off an AI generated script is disturbing on a different level- machines dictating what humans should do and humans listening :stare:

I am more curious how the GTA 5 ones are made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQK3W1zDO0s

this one has livestream going.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Nov 20, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

dk2m posted:

i agree, but i was able to get to these weird videos within 4 clicks from a legitimate sesame street video. i'm not a parent, but i can't imagine it's always possible to 100% be focused and engaged with every little thing your kid is doing

the problem is the sheer quantity of these are overwhelming. they seem automatically generated and the amount of videos and channels are endless. combine that with essentially beating youtube's suggestion algorithm and it's not very hard to get to these from a normal video.

when we were all younger, finding the weird poo poo on the internet took a little bit of searching. if you stayed on the normal side, the chances of coming across weird softcore snuff live action videos was not incredibly high. now? the spam bots have taken over youtube and it takes no effort at all.

Here's a hot take: if Youtube has easy to access videos that kids shouldn't be watching, don't put Youtube in front of the little kids.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

YouTube and/or Google may step in and squash the algorithm stuff, but something else will replace it and then you'll get live action copy cats of whatever results from that.

We used to see imitation programing when something was successful, but now we are seeing something become successful, a machine imitating it, and then copy cats basing their ripped off content on what the machine says is popular.

No. Some data science goon can correct me on this, but this is probably just the result of something called "overfitting". The NN is trained to recognize and promote viral content like Frozen Elsa. It's trained to understand the concept of viral content on an abstract level and apply it to new stuff. But one of the side effects of the training is that it's very sensitive to the data that it was originally trained on. It's a specific flaw and a one time thing. Once this particular flaw has been fixed, there is no reason to assume that something else like it will show up. Ethan Bradberry will not be re-enacting weird YouTube algorithm videos in a pink Spiderman spandex for the rest of his life. A temporary flaw in a new technology isn't automatically some new great societal trend.

cool new Polack jokes posted:

People think that parents of yesteryear were better and never parked their kids in front of the TV

TV had/has standards and practices that prevented kids from seeing all the poo poo in the Elsa videos, so the Internet needs that because parents are not going to magically git gud and were never great

TV content is heavily curated though. That's the difference.

The Sesame Street YT channel has thousands of curated videos, so I don't know what the gently caress is wrong with parents. Ultra-laziness?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the ones with little kids. yeah definitely. the ones with weird 20 somethings. ehh.
Well yeah. Children aren't being exploited in those.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I haven't watched any of the live ones because that sounds hosed and I don't want to be on a watchlist

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdg9gsZtqow

spiderman has issues.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Here's a hot take: if Youtube has easy to access videos that kids shouldn't be watching, don't put Youtube in front of the little kids.

Wow great idea here's mine make everyone rich and you'll wipe out poverty and hunger loving simple genius ideas being spit balled here let's keep em coming

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
I feel like I suffered somewhat by spending too much time on the internet as a teenager in the early 2000s so I can't imagine how hosed all these kids are who idolize streamers and Twitter personalities while watching AI generated Elsa foot fetish videos will end up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

lovely parents are going to lovely parent and a toddler shouldn't be subjected to this bizarro crap because their parents suck. These videos range from the mostly innocuous but still weird as hell family finger videos to sexual bdsm poop fetish stuff

• Locked thread