Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Grucelle the Gruesome, Eladrin Fighter [PDF]

The great kingdoms of the Feywild, shining spires between the Real and Unreal. A realm of mystic, wonder, and beauty. A realm long diminnished. The Fey Lords, the Eladrin, withdrew to their shrinking kingdom as Athas killed itself. Thus for thousands of years they watched, and peeked out to the world. Their goal to staunch the bleeding. It was this world that little Grucelle was born.

However, it was not the world she would be in for long. Her parents took her out with them to an excursion to the Outside. Why she can no longer remember, but it was a mistake that they had long paid for. They died to raiders, and young Grucelle was enslaved.

The novelty of an Eladrin slave fetched her a high price. If only for her mysterious senses and teleportation ability. Originally a personal attendant to wealthy nobleman, her fate would take a different cource few short years later.

Rage built up within at hers and others enslavement. One day one of the overseers of the work slaves was feeling particularly cruel. It was too much for her, and in a rage she beat the overseer to death. She was finally subdued by three others, and brought to her master to presumably be put to death herself or thrown into the most deadly work imaginable

Her master, however, was not one to waste talent. He saw the rage in Grucelle, and he saw the potential. He immediately comissioned work for training her as a Gladiator. She would earn him fame in the The Stadium.

Grucelle wonders sometimes if her master regrets not killing her that day once she kicked a hole in his chest and just before she crushed his head between her hands. But most of the time she dosn't give a gently caress what he thought anymore.

quote:

How did you come to reach paragon? What are your most notable exploits?

You try winning brutal gladitorial fights constantly and see if you don't become badass. She's known as "Grucelle the Gruesome: for a reason. Her fighting style is brutal. She doesn't use weapons because she doesn't need them. Monsters, men, anything fell before her. And earned lots of wealth for her master.

But ultimately she would have simply been one of many Slave Gladiators. Respected, strong, but would not have a major impact on the world. But then she freed the slaves of Tyr.

Of course, Grucelle wouldn't put it that way even if all the freemen would. What happened in that the chaos following the death of the Sorcerer King Kalak is that Grucelle had decided she had enough of being a slave, and killed her master. This set off a slave rebellion. Slaves casting down their masters as the social order was upheaved.

Ultimately King Tithian outlawed slavery in Tyr. Grucelle doubts it was out of the goodness of his heart, rather it was a way to get the rebellion on his side and help consolidate his power. But she's fine with that, as long as she and her fellow slaves are free she's fine.

She's mostly retired from the Stadium since. Only making a handfull appearances, always to cheering crowds.

quote:

How Daclamitus hear of you? Why did you respond to his request?

"The real question is how in the name of the Elemental's Piss did he even find where I live? I keep it quiet you know? Lots of people want me dead. Some even try! (Hah!)

Yet here it is, this letter. Written all nice and neatly asking me to meet him. Honestly I was pretty sure it was a trap until I saw the letter mention the Feywild.

In all my years in this sandy hellhole nobody's mentioned that place by name before him. So I had to come. If he can fix this place I'm going to help him dammit.

quote:

What is one thing you would like to see change for the better on Athas?

"No slaves anywhere. Nobody should have to put up with your entire life tied to the whims of one sick fucker. If the world's a better place, with nature everywhere and plenty for all... surely that'll lead to a place where nobody will even want slaves?"

pre:
Grucelle 
HP 90/90 (B 45) Surges 11/11 (V 22)
AC 29	Fort 29	Ref 23	Will 23
Insight +14 Perception: +14 Vision: Low Light
Initiative +8 Speed 5

At-Will		           Daily			  Encounter
Grappling Strike	[ ] Seize and Stab		[ ] Second Wind
Threatening Rush	[ ] Bare-Knuckled Rebuke	[ ] Disrupting Advance
Psionic Spark		[ ] Pitiless Grapple		[ ] Fey Step 
							[ ] Bash and Pinion
							[ ] Forceful Drag
							[ ] Come and Get it
							[ ] Body Shield (Fighter)
							[ ] Opening Ploy

Item Powers

[ ] Savage Mekillot Scale (Daily)
[ ] Boots of Rapid Motion (Encounter)
[ ] Boots of Rapid Motion (Daily)
[ ] Diamond Cincture (Daily)

Passives
+5 against Charm Effects
+1 to catch self when falling
Inescapable Hold: Whenever an enemy is grabbed attempts to escape it always must make its check against Fortitude.
Vicious Advantage: Gain combat advantage against immovilized or slowed targets.
World Serpent's Grasp: Whenever a slowed or immobilized target is hit, they can be knocked prone
Pin Down: A prone target grabbed can't stand until the grab is ended.

Dr Pepper fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Nov 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread