Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Mr. Squishy posted:

Should we set up a room in the discord so we can set up spot deals without too many posts in here?

As an interested spectator, I'd suggest you at least post the outcome of such a deal here though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Dancer posted:

I was being brief because phoneposting, so it came across wrong, but it seems to me that there are so many knobs and dials you can tweak without fundamentally altering the game. If you think contracts are by far the strongest action, maybe allow investing in 3 currencies/one currency twice, to buff that action, then do the rotating "button" for resolving that was just discussed. With this game I'm less scared than I'd be with many other games that I will break its balance if I started tweaking.

I think when you're tweaking a fully open luckless game, it's easier to see if your tweaks break the game in a relevant fashion as well. If the original game is a draw when played perfectly, and yours is now a win for player 3 with optimal play but whoever plays better that day in practice, that's still OK; if now nobody does anything but invest that's not.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

I'm curious why bankruptcy has to end the game instead of eliminating the player. It's not so long as 1830, leaving a player bored, and making the second-place player hurt themselves to help the third-place player etc. is unfun.

• Locked thread