Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

I'll watilist; happy to jump in if you don't get enough interest, and happy to replace, but happy to sit and watch for now too.

Because even fuckin Container made my head spin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Dancer posted:

One good thing is this game offers much more house-ruling "freedom" than others. If you come up with a fix, you're not very likely to break the game in some other ways.

...how so? Like, can you explain that a bit further?

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Dancer posted:

I was being brief because phoneposting, so it came across wrong, but it seems to me that there are so many knobs and dials you can tweak without fundamentally altering the game. If you think contracts are by far the strongest action, maybe allow investing in 3 currencies/one currency twice, to buff that action, then do the rotating "button" for resolving that was just discussed. With this game I'm less scared than I'd be with many other games that I will break its balance if I started tweaking.

Oh sorry, I wasn't being disbelieving, I was asking for more info because game design theory is super interesting. Cool cool.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

Wow, <my strategy> is making my contracts look really bad now.

I feel like this could be the summation of the game?

• Locked thread