Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Yinlock posted:

nationalize amazon
alternately, amazonize the nation. designer basic income cards 4 all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Duscat posted:

there's no such thing as ethical consumption under capitalism, and i loving love amazon and i'm not gonna stop using it

things you'd have to go to three different stores for, you just click click click, and two or three days later, a guy drops them off at your door

like, here's just some of the things i've bought this year:
- a raspberry pi GPIO cable and breadboard with a bunch of jumpers
- a particular brand and model of watch my wife wanted for her birthday that i'm pretty sure would not have been available at the local mall
- a Castleton t-shirt
- a geiger counter
- some 1/2 inch strain relief bushings
- titanium dioxide sunscreen, a bluetooth beacon, and a cat piller
- cacao nibs, rennet, fruit pectin, fish stock cubes, and various imported candies
- new plastic covers for the exact models of pyrex bowls we have that need new covers every few years because they degrade
- an inspection mirror

put it all on the amazon credit card that gives you back 5% on everything from amazon, and prime pays for itself even when compared against non-prime free shipping, and you never have to add stuff you don't need to your order to bring the total over $35

if amazon kills malls, fine, ours never had a geiger counter store anyway, and all those grocery and hardware items there i WOULD HAVE bought at local stores, but they didn't carry them
wonder how many of those things actually went through an amzn warehouse vs. amazon relaying the order to a merchant you could have bought from directly

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
this is the take of some guy who isn't involved in the dollar stores' decisions and tbh i don't see anything wrong with their expansion

nor do i see any reason to doubt the "concept", unless you can think of some way to restore the situation of 1945 where europe had smashed itself to bits after subordinating other countries around the world, leaving the US and USSR to grab what they could

• Locked thread