Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

i'm the crowd that laughed at a reference to Batman Vs Superman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

They really didn't give much of a drat about his origin when he first appeared back in 1939 and they didn't even bother explaining it in the first few comics he was in, he was just a guy in a bat costume who fought criminals. It wasn't until the 6th issue along that they gave him a quick one and a half page backstory and then quickly moved on to his next adventure:

78 years later they're still stuck with that origin.

I like how it's been so long that batman is working out with those old weird ball weights.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

oh...

well its the thought that counts i guess

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

oh...

well its the thought that counts i guess

yeah, it's true, me voting 1 isn't going to make a huge difference

but I can tell you directly that this thread is crap

maybe that helps

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

At least Warner Bros. got it through their collective heads that people like me will buy the 90s Batman cartoon remastered on BluRay, which they announced back in October. Wonder Woman was decent enough at least, but goddrat has Snyder shat the bed and rolled around in it with what he was given to work with.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
looks like i do bleed

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

looks like i do bleed

your username + that post

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

CHEF!!! posted:

At least Warner Bros. got it through their collective heads that people like me will buy the 90s Batman cartoon remastered on BluRay, which they announced back in October. Wonder Woman was decent enough at least, but goddrat has Snyder shat the bed and rolled around in it with what he was given to work with.

doomsday was possibly the worst visual adaptation of anything ever and wb should have booted him for that alone imo

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

CHEF!!! posted:

why do you care

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Blue Star posted:

I said this in the Redlettermedia thread, but the DC movies should all be period pieces that take place in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Either that, or make the entire DC Movie Universe into a weird deiselpunk alternate universe where everything is all retro and Art Deco. Like Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, or something. Also make everything way more colorful and vibrant and stylized.

yeah because sky captain sure raked in the box office bucks

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
voted 1 again

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
There are so many superhero movies that even dedicated nerds don't care enough to watch them all.

It has to, y'know, be actually good.

No, I'm not going to go and watch it first to make SURE it's really as bad as everyone is saying. That's how bad movies keep getting made. Because if you go see it even when it's bad, they get to make another one. I'm going to trust word-of-mouth and reviews because I don't goddamn live in a movie theater and because a Superhero Movie has a whole lot of stiff competition these days.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they're going to make the loving superhero movie whether you watch it or not

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Putty posted:

i'm the crowd that laughed at a reference to Batman Vs Superman

HOLY CRAP PUTTY POSTED

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

HOLY CRAP PUTTY POSTED

that's a joke in itself

because Putty always posts

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
loving Putty, am I right?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

Blast of Confetti posted:

they're going to make the loving superhero movie whether you watch it or not

Well, then I hope they enjoyed the process and the movie itself, because they sure aren't gonna enjoy the payoff. Justice League is bombing.

And by "they" I mean DC. Marvel's still riding high.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
didnt batman v superman make ten trillion dollars internationally? i assume justice league will be the same movie companies dont give a poo poo about domestic sales lol

Woden
May 6, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

yeah because sky captain sure raked in the box office bucks

The thing Marvel got right was getting hokey characters to be relatable, they did this by telling stories in the now and with actual character back stories and development. Doubling down on the lack of character development by cranking up the hokey aspects before establishing the characters sounds like the worst thing possible to do.

Back stories are poo poo to watch though and I hate them, so I do like that DC is trying different things even if he movies turn out flawed. Batman just turning up and shooting peeps was refreshing and way more interesting than Dr. Strange which just felt like an Iron Man reboot.

Getting back to Justice League, I'm with CineD and would rather have seen the full Snyder experience. Even if it sucked there would have been things to talk about afterwards, instead we got generic super hero movie.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Woden posted:

The thing Marvel got right was getting hokey characters to be relatable, they did this by telling stories in the now and with actual character back stories and development. Doubling down on the lack of character development by cranking up the hokey aspects before establishing the characters sounds like the worst thing possible to do.

Back stories are poo poo to watch though and I hate them, so I do like that DC is trying different things even if he movies turn out flawed. Batman just turning up and shooting peeps was refreshing and way more interesting than Dr. Strange which just felt like an Iron Man reboot.

Getting back to Justice League, I'm with CineD and would rather have seen the full Snyder experience. Even if it sucked there would have been things to talk about afterwards, instead we got generic super hero movie.

omg

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

oh my god why are they cheering? is this americans or just the class of utter glutton for punishment that’s still showing up to zack snyder films?

i am glad that the job on the moustache is so obviously wack, at least that’s weirdly fascinating. fits in well with the rest of that scene which all looks like a bad videogame cutscene ngl

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Generic Monk posted:

oh my god why are they cheering? is this americans or just the class of utter glutton for punishment that’s still showing up to zack snyder films?

i am glad that the job on the moustache is so obviously wack, at least that’s weirdly fascinating. fits in well with the rest of that scene which all looks like a bad videogame cutscene ngl

loving americans are idiots

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

gnarlyhotep posted:

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
somebody thought it would be funny to have me post that Americans are idiots multiple times

not realizing that I agree that Americans are idiots

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
gently caress Americans

Swamp Fancy
Apr 6, 2003

Look, I'm not exaggerating when I say the success of your mission hinges on how you use that cardboard box.

Pound_Coin posted:

Didn't say that, just that avengers quicksilver is terrible and can't even outrun bullets

Atleast he wasn't tripping over his own feet.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

CHEF!!! posted:

the 90s Batman cartoon remastered on BluRay, which they announced back in October
:dance:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Generic Monk posted:

It's not from america

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hows the action in this at least? For all of Snyder's faults he knows how to film a good action scene.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Away all Goats posted:

Hows the action in this at least? For all of Snyder's faults he knows how to film a good action scene.

very boring. It's CGI things flying and actors turning into CGI things and also flying. And punching,.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Swamp Fancy posted:

Atleast he wasn't tripping over his own feet.

Does he do that in the film? In the comics they have to have him get tripped by villains and poo poo which is very stupid given it's established his reactions are at a level where he can feel bullets pushing into his skin in circumstances where he wasn't aware he was in danger or going fast so having him tripped up by anything not travelling at his top speed seems dumb

Edit have to do it because of how loving op he is

Neurosis fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Nov 20, 2017

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Neurosis posted:

Does he do that in the film? In the comics they have to have him get tripped by villains and poo poo which is very stupid given it's established his reactions are at a level where he can feel bullets pushing into his skin in circumstances where he wasn't aware he was in danger or going fast so having him tripped up by anything not travelling at his top speed seems dumb

Edit have to do it because of how loving op he is

yeah hes just getting used to his powers or something. hes pretty useless in the film, basically just comic relief

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Woden posted:

The thing Marvel got right

Was not rushing for the money.

They put out movies with a deliberate plan, to build up the event movies. DC said "gently caress that," put out a single solo movie and then nothing but non-stop event movies other than Wonder Woman.

Justice League NEVER would have performed that great because they only did a solo movie for two characters in the film. They wanted their desert early and tried to go for the real big bucks and it blew up in their loving face.

Doesn't help the actual solo movies sucked.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

yeah hes just getting used to his powers or something. hes pretty useless in the film, basically just comic relief

Well that's okay I guess. He only gets mega op once they establish the speed force

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Blazing Ownager posted:

Was not rushing for the money.

They put out movies with a deliberate plan, to build up the event movies. DC said "gently caress that," put out a single solo movie and then nothing but non-stop event movies other than Wonder Woman.

Justice League NEVER would have performed that great because they only did a solo movie for two characters in the film. They wanted their desert early and tried to go for the real big bucks and it blew up in their loving face.

Doesn't help the actual solo movies sucked.

all comic book movies are crap hth

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

The justice league cartoon they had on Cartoon Network like 15 years ago was pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tolkien minority posted:

The justice league cartoon they had on Cartoon Network like 15 years ago was pretty good

once again you, an idiot, are wrong

• Locked thread