Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

sponges posted:

The Matrix Sequels? Better than the MCU

Gods of Egypt? Better that the MCU

Harry Potter movies? Better than the MCU

Jurassic World? Better than the MCU

it's like plato's cave except the person desperately ran from society, found a cave, chained themselves to the wall and is loudly shouting in more than a half dozen threads that the shadows are in fact the world.

Get it. I'm CineD posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

VictorianQueerLit posted:

it's like plato's cave except the person desperately ran from society, found a cave, chained themselves to the wall and is loudly shouting in more than a half dozen threads that the shadows are in fact the world.

Get it. I'm CineD posting.

You’re trying to imitate CD posting and failing at it. The ultimate disgrace

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

sponges posted:

You’re trying to imitate CD posting a failing at it. The ultimate disgrace

:thejoke:

The point is that CineD posting is a failure itself. You would think the worst place on the internet for movie discussion most intelligent place to discuss the philosophical implications of everything would produce someone that could understand that.

Keep arguing that movies like Man of Steel and Batman Versus Superman are high art though. You start to lose it when you step out of the exhibit and offer your handfuls of poo poo to the crowd. We like to watch you throw it we don't actually want it.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Blazing Ownager: Do I have to win the argument to extract smug self-superiority from a CineD thread?

CelticPredator: No.

Blazing Ownager: Release the Shitposting Engine.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

VictorianQueerLit posted:

:thejoke:

The point is that CineD posting is a failure itself. You would think the worst place on the internet for movie discussion most intelligent place to discuss the philosophical implications of everything would produce someone that could understand that.

Keep arguing that movies like Man of Steel and Batman Versus Superman are high art though. You start to lose it when you step out of the exhibit and offer your handfuls of poo poo to the crowd. We like to watch you throw it we don't actually want it.

The problem is less to do with CD or MoS or BvS but you utter inability to understand what these films really mean.

You’ll get there someday though.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

sponges posted:

The Matrix Sequels? Better than the MCU

Harry Potter movies? Better than the MCU

Jurassic World? Better than the MCU

Independence Day: Resurgance? Better than the MCU

i think your trying to make a point or something but the matrix sequels are cool and get a bad wrap

jurassic world was pretty good too, a really fun movie imo but it did have dinosaurs so i guess thats kinda hard to mess up

also surely your not saying that guardians 1 or 2 were bad cause thats just silly

no this post doesnt seem to add up at all...

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

i think your trying to make a point or something but the matrix sequels are cool and get a bad wrap

jurassic world was pretty good too, a really fun movie imo but it did have dinosaurs so i guess thats kinda hard to mess up

also surely your not saying that guardians 1 or 2 were bad cause thats just silly

All those movies are varying degrees of bad.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

WB trying to 'fix' Zack Snyder's Justice League be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkri1NUq9ro

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

sponges posted:

All those movies are varying degrees of bad.

like objectively BAD or just have problems? cause i think movies are like people man they all have their own problems ya know

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It's okay to like these movies and hate Marvel, but liking the Transformers movies is forbidden.

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

sponges posted:

The problem is less to do with CD or MoS or BvS but you utter inability to understand what these films really mean.

cined.txt

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

He was pulled out of cinema discusso and his entire existence seems to be going "WHAT ABOUT MARVEL?!?!" so there really isn't anything beyond that going on with his posting.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

You’re trying...

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Fsmhunk posted:

It's okay to like these movies and hate Marvel, but liking the Transformers movies is forbidden.

Nah.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Fsmhunk posted:

finally something we can all agree on

E.

nooo

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

sponges posted:

The problem is less to do with Transformers but you utter inability to understand what these films really mean.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
well my main problem with transformers is my utter inability to understand what is happening on the screen

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Michael Bay probably would have been a better director for Justice League.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'm sorry this is the JUSTICES league.

Moron.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Pirate Jet posted:

Remember when CelticPredator used to be the optimistic golden boy of CineD and now all he does is shitpost and plug his awful writing

E: remember when CelticPredator had a phase of liking BvS but ditched it because he was afraid GBS wouldn’t like him

I have said I kinda like the Ultimate cut, and whenever I say how lovely Beavis is, I always make sure I'm talking about the Theatrical. Which is garbo.

I just like to come here, and talk about how smug you all act all the time in regards to them. 98% of all discussions on that forum about comic movies is fighting about Snyder's lovely films and how they're so much better than Marvel's. It's boring as poo poo. And it's draining. It's sooo draining dude. Like I get people like it, but that's all you guys discuss.

CelticPredator fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Nov 20, 2017

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

well my main problem with transformers is my utter inability to understand what is happening on the screen

This stopped being a problem for me by the second movie, really.

JediTalentAgent posted:

Michael Bay probably would have been a better director for Justice League.

He would be a better replacement than Joss Whedon, that's for sure. Like, I'm afraid he would sex up Wonder Woman too much but based on what I read Joss Whedon already did this himself which is pretty consistent with how iffy the claims of him being 'feminist' is especially after his ex-wife said that Whedon is a big practitioner of the casting couch tradition.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Disney has already distilled the fun out of the Marvel brand and I'm a bit saddened by that.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

The MSJ posted:

He would be a better replacement than Joss Whedon, that's for sure. Like, I'm afraid he would sex up Wonder Woman too much but based on what I read Joss Whedon already did this himself which is pretty consistent with how iffy the claims of him being 'feminist' is especially after his ex-wife said that Whedon is a big practitioner of the casting couch tradition.

I would be more scared of Michael Bay trying to do comedy, though.

I could see someone like Bay both making her really sexualized by being just too unashamed, comfortable and confident AND having other characters come off as losers and pervs for sexualizing her because of it.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Is that Valiant Universe film series ever going to happen. Because 20 years ago I could have totally seen Lance Hendriksen playing Solar.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

JediTalentAgent posted:

I would be more scared of Michael Bay trying to do comedy, though.

I could see someone like Bay both making her really sexualized by being just too unashamed, comfortable and confident AND having other characters come off as losers and pervs for sexualizing her because of it.

Michael Bay keeps casting people from Coen brothers movies. Even the teen star of the next Transformers movie is the girl from their True Grit remake. His idea of a comedy movie would of course be Pain & Gain which is already his version of Fargo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JediTalentAgent posted:

Is that Valiant Universe film series ever going to happen. Because 20 years ago I could have totally seen Lance Hendriksen playing Solar.
They delayed the Ninjak movie, but they did have a trailer and for a low-budget feature it looked pretty good if insubstantial.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

They delayed the Ninjak movie, but they did have a trailer and for a low-budget feature it looked pretty good if insubstantial.

I thought they're doing Bloodshot first and then Harbinger. Ninjak is a webseries.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

JediTalentAgent posted:

the valiant universe seems like it would actually be good for shared universe films/tv because it only has a small number of major titles and all the writers know what each other are doing so it feels very cohesive. it also is relatively recent (the reboot very recent) so doesn't have silly 1960s poo poo and the plots don't need much fiddling to make them current.

or it would be good if you didn't need huge cultural cachet (even the marvel movies about nobodies still have the mcu behind them) to get anything off the ground.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Oh so it is. Then yeah Bloodshot. I imagine getting funds is the hard part. Valiant is good but they've always failed at marketing, and the fact that their heroes have the stupidest names does not help.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

As long as that one fat character is played by an appropriately overweight actress.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sony is friendly with Marvel now. Why don't they just make Iron Man team up with X-O Manowar again like on the Playstation?

Unless they're upset that Sony is making all these Spider-Man-less Spider-Man character movies. I hope that Venom movie is cool, though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sponges posted:

Dude, you have done nothing but whine about DC movie for years now. You have absolutely nothing interesting to offer the coversaertion whatsoever.

Why do you bother?

CelticPredator posted:

To spite you.

Ah, you two know each other. Your words make so much more sense now Celtic..

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
*pops out of time portal with a beard*

IM FROM CINEMA DISCUSSO IN THE FUTURE AND ALL OF YOUR OPINIONS OF MOVIES WERE WRONG! HAVE YOU NOT REALIZED IT YET?!?!?

AM I TOO SOON?

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

sponges posted:

It's hard to beat the comedy of the year, though!

McSpanky posted:

Blazing Ownager: Do I have to win the argument to extract smug self-superiority from a CineD thread?

CelticPredator: No.

Blazing Ownager: Release the Shitposting Engine.

:getin:

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

I totally agree with your points but I think I'd rather pull my toenail out than watch Revolutions again. Reloaded at least had a sick as gently caress car chase and a ridiculous bowling ball sound effect to keep you entertained.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Blazing Ownager posted:

I totally agree with your points but I think I'd rather pull my toenail out than watch Revolutions again. Reloaded at least had a sick as gently caress car chase and a ridiculous bowling ball sound effect to keep you entertained.

no way man the invasion of the squid guys against the mech suits and that super goofy fistfight in the city, lmao and all the machine jesus stuff. its not poetry, but thats some serious entertainment

actually now that i think about it the plot of revolutions is suspiciously similar to man of steel

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
We need to come up with a thread to talk about movies that were considered garbage for years, but look pretty good in retrospect when you compare them to modern movies of a similar vein.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
This thread inspired me to watch BvS (it's on HBO streaming) and um so far it's good and not bad??

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

echronorian posted:

This thread inspired me to watch BvS (it's on HBO streaming) and um so far it's good and not bad??

nice try but the only good parts are at the end

hmm actually whens the jar of piss, thats my favorite part

BIG PUFFY NIPS fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Nov 20, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
When I (eventually, after it's been released) I hear about a DC movie I don't think "wow better go see it" instead I think "wow glad I don't care about any of their properties outside of parodies".

They need to start their cinematic universe over from scratch and make it way less serious. Have the short magic guy with the really hard to pronounce name as a main character, have power girl in her swimsuit costume with the boob window going full cheesecake for humor's sake, etc
poo poo I'm out of DC characters I know.

DC should put some drat humor in their kids comics for adults.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lex Luthor as a combination of Max Landis and Martin Shkreli is pretty inspired and timely.

By the way, Max Landis has a movie this December on Netflix. It's title is (never mind what anyone say) ORC COP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUY3GVByRUs&t=3s

DancingShade posted:

When I (eventually, after it's been released) I hear about a DC movie I don't think "wow better go see it" instead I think "wow glad I don't care about any of their properties outside of parodies".

They need to start their cinematic universe over from scratch and make it way less serious. Have the short magic guy with the really hard to pronounce name as a main character, have power girl in her swimsuit costume with the boob window going full cheesecake for humor's sake, etc
poo poo I'm out of DC characters I know.

DC should put some drat humor in their kids comics for adults.

They did. The first time they got Green Lantern, the other time they tried it they have Justice League.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The MSJ posted:

Lex Luthor as a combination of Max Landis and Martin Shkreli is pretty inspired and timely.

By the way, Max Landis has a movie this December on Netflix. It's title is (never mind what anyone say) ORC COP.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUY3GVByRUs&t=3s

They did. The first time they got Green Lantern, the other time they tried it they have Justice League.

Got to be honest I didn't even know who the Green Lantern was. I just Googled quickly and apart from a green costume I want to say some kind of green muscle wizard?

poo poo just give Max Landis the whole franchise to helm. He has a good sense of humor.

• Locked thread