Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Casimir Radon posted:

None of them are successful by any metric a normal person would use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

we are so ingrained with the lovely rat race culture of late stage capitalism everyone instinctively believes the more money you earn the better your life regardless of actual happiness

my sister earns like 300k a year and lives the manhattan socialite lifestyle albeit on a budget but she is by far the most miserable of my 3 siblings or people i know period

my stoner friends who scrap by as club musicians are some of the most content chill happy folk i know

i know quite a few stoners from highschool who went on to make millions even but i'm not as close with them so no idea on happiness level there

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
life is a motherfucker and the grass is never greener. accepting this goes a long way towards that content happy chill attitude.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Percelus posted:

we are so ingrained with the lovely rat race culture of late stage capitalism everyone instinctively believes the more money you earn the better your life regardless of actual happiness

my sister earns like 300k a year and lives the manhattan socialite lifestyle albeit on a budget but she is by far the most miserable of my 3 siblings or people i know period

my stoner friends who scrap by as club musicians are some of the most content chill happy folk i know

i know quite a few stoners from highschool who went on to make millions even but i'm not as close with them so no idea on happiness level there

Correct and embodied in

Casimir Radon posted:

None of them are successful by any metric a normal person would use.

tenspott
Aug 1, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Every single person I knew who regularly partook is a total loser. Good families, solid opportunities, education, all pissed away for weed.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

EX250 Type R posted:

life is a motherfucker and the grass is never greener. accepting this goes a long way towards that content happy chill attitude.

Weed is green as gently caress friend

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

just doing what makes you happy and having good relationships with the ones you love is the key i find

also not buying into the materialist circle jerk that is american consumer culture

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

can you ask your sister for some money, for me

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Percelus posted:

also not buying into the materialist circle jerk that is american consumer culture

I think this makes you a commie? Or a retard? I dunno

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i swed and have gainful employment and relationships and responsibilities and people i know put their trust in me

its definitely taken a toll on my memory but most of my friends just find it funny when i misremember or don't remember shared experiences. i am going to keep smoking lots of weed, all.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

paul_soccer10 posted:

she literally spends it as fast as she makes it to keep up with the dickhead manhattan socialites she runs with

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Blue Train posted:

I think this makes you a commie? Or a retard? I dunno

why not both?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

paul_soccer10 posted:

She lives in Manhattan, so most of that 300k is spent on rent and novelty pastries

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Imagine doing everything necessary to live in NYC instead of just smoking weed in the woods

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

paul_soccer10 posted:

i swed and have gainful employment and relationships and responsibilities and people i know put their trust in me

its definitely taken a toll on my memory but most of my friends just find it funny when i misremember or don't remember shared experiences. i am going to keep smoking lots of weed, all.

wisdom :rznv:

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Sintax posted:

Imagine doing everything necessary to live in NYC instead of just smoking weed in the woods

i live in the woods and smoke weed all the time so you know where i stand

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
*lights up a doobie*

wait man you're saying

*inhales*

you're saying

*laughs awkwardly*

man you're saying

*huffs a bong in front of morning reruns of Spongebob, is 32*

wow so man you're saying

*basically carpetbombs his own neurons*

that weed...

*has a 30 minutes long black out*

so man, you're saying that weed

*smells like poo poo, can't run 10 meters and has dreads despite being white*

you're saying that ganja

*hangs up another bob marley poster in his mom's basement*

man you're saying that weed, like...

*cannot hold a job for more than 23 seconds*

so about weed you were saying?

*drops out of community college*

that I'm like carl sagan and poo poo? ahahahah man that's cool

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I fantasize about living in a dumpy quad apartment just getting stoned, drunk, and playing video games.

Life is really so much better with wife, kids, career, mortgage, wondering why the water bill spiked, worrying about my cholesterol, etc.

Why can't I just wake up get stoned eat mcdonalds and taco bell and watch TV all day

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
Stereotypical "I had dreams and potential but I've settled for this other job that lets me get away with being a functional stoner."

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

i mean if she were at least happy i'd consider for a moment i've made the wrong life choices but no she is literally constantly on edge about to chew out one of her assistants so they quit and she has to hire a new one

Kak
Sep 27, 2002
He's married, has a kid and he has one of the largest retro video game collections ever and I'm kind of jealous

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I fantasize about living in a dumpy quad apartment just getting stoned, drunk, and playing video games.

Life is really so much better with wife, kids, career, mortgage, wondering why the water bill spiked, worrying about my cholesterol, etc.

Why can't I just wake up get stoned eat mcdonalds and taco bell and watch TV all day

today i stayed in bed until around noon, went to get groceries (eggnog for whiskey), went to the headshop, got take out pad thai, ate it, now im going to drink and smoke and play video games and watch boardwalk empire and nathan for you all day. I will also jerk off later.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

paul_soccer10 posted:

today i stayed in bed until around noon, went to get groceries (eggnog for whiskey), went to the headshop, got take out pad thai, ate it, now im going to drink and smoke and play video games and watch boardwalk empire and nathan for you all day. I will also jerk off later.

but you aren't making the big bucks!!! how dare you enjoy life instead of working yourself into an early grave :colbert:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
dropped out of college, went into rehab for alcoholism, is now a happy family man

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

All my stoner friends are massively broken people, turns out that alcohol and dope don't fix you.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

but you aren't making the big bucks!!! how dare you enjoy life instead of working yourself into an early grave :colbert:

i make good money, and choose to spend a large chunk of it on weed and booze

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and jerking off paraphernalia

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pick posted:

Was it the disfigurement that bothered him?

He was a supremely handsome fucker I'll give him that. But the accident affected his mind unfortunately. Had many, many surgeries but he was into weed/coke before/after. He had rich parents/only child so whatever he wanted in life he got it. Big time scuba diver/helicopter pilot/monster truck fiend--brought us amazing tickets to see Pink Floyd or Allman Brothers in three different states just so he could get smashed & have us drive him home.

So I can only imagine how tortured/self loathing he became after the accident. Really nice parents but fookin tragic.

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

paul_soccer10 posted:

i make good money, and choose to spend a large chunk of it on weed and booze

what about video games?

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Percelus posted:

what about video games?

i mostly torrent them, and buy the multiplayer ones with my friends when they go on sale

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

He was a supremely handsome fucker I'll give him that. But the accident affected his mind unfortunately. Had many, many surgeries but he was into weed/coke before/after. He had rich parents/only child so whatever he wanted in life he got it. Big time scuba diver/helicopter pilot/monster truck fiend--brought us amazing tickets to see Pink Floyd or Allman Brothers in three different states just so he could get smashed & have us drive him home.

So I can only imagine how tortured/self loathing he became after the accident. Really nice parents but fookin tragic.

I just assumed you were both Scottish from the fookins. Did someone drop a rock on him from an overpass?

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

I was a huge stoner in highschool and college and wish for death every day but I started wishing for death every day starting in middle school before I ever tried any drugs so I'm not sure I can blame the weed for that

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

married, good job for nearly a decade, great house in a decent neighborhood, still smokes erryday, thanks for asking pick

someday, i believe that you too can find happiness

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Creamed Cormp posted:

*lights up a doobie*

wait man you're saying

*inhales*

you're saying

*laughs awkwardly*

man you're saying

*huffs a bong in front of morning reruns of Spongebob, is 32*

wow so man you're saying

*basically carpetbombs his own neurons*

that weed...

*has a 30 minutes long black out*

so man, you're saying that weed

*smells like poo poo, can't run 10 meters and has dreads despite being white*

you're saying that ganja

*hangs up another bob marley poster in his mom's basement*

man you're saying that weed, like...

*cannot hold a job for more than 23 seconds*

so about weed you were saying?

*drops out of community college*

that I'm like carl sagan and poo poo? ahahahah man that's cool

:negative:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

food court bailiff posted:

someday, i believe that you too can find happiness

Nope she hates weed

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Tolkien minority posted:

I was a huge stoner in highschool and college and wish for death every day but I started wishing for death every day starting in middle school before I ever tried any drugs so I'm not sure I can blame the weed for that

Everyone wishes for death, she's a terrific girl.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Ugh death to America

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blue Train posted:

I just assumed you were both Scottish from the fookins. Did someone drop a rock on him from an overpass?

I love the Scottish accent.

Negative on that rock. The guy who was driving said they were in an area that has signs of falling rocks near the highway. One of those rare moments where everyone really hoped he really was self-medicated when that rock came through the window.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Why does a skeleton have tits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's a girl skeleton duh

• Locked thread