Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

DO IT TO IT posted:

Why does a skeleton have tits?

so u can jerk off to it???

im cumming 2 death

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

I love the Scottish accent.

Negative on that rock. The guy who was driving said they were in an area that has signs of falling rocks near the highway. One of those rare moments where everyone really hoped he really was self-medicated when that rock came through the window.

drat, I'm sure

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Sintax posted:

im cumming 2 death

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
My best friend was a stoner. One night about 5 years ago he kept texting me at like 9pm asking to hang out and I ignored him because I was drunk and was busy playing call of duty.

I found out a couple days later he died that night via intentional drug overdose. So in summary I killed my stoner friend because I am human garbage and wanted to get to my next prestige level on the call of duty.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

DO IT TO IT posted:

Why does a skeleton have tits?

the big infinity gauntlet war thing that the marvel movies are building to with all the infinity stone bullshit was in the comics started because thanos just wanted them skeletitties so drat bad that he decided to kill half the universe to impress her

then there's like forty pages of weird psychadelic art while superheros get killed, it kind of rocks

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Well, they're alive.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I killed myself with weed lol

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe
not unlike the people i know who drink alcohol or watch movies, some of them are doing well and some are not doing well

Secular Humanist
Mar 1, 2016

by Smythe

Blue Train posted:

It's almost like there is limited social mobility for a large percentage of americans

hmm okay well lots of eastern european and asian immigrants come to america with dirt and become extremely successful. like, a ton. so i guess the oppresso-sphere is weirdly selective

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Im fine op

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Mostly going on and on about Pizzagate and George Soros these days tbh.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
well they're dead op, not related to drugs. thanks for asking you insensitive prick

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I am the stoner friend.

I turned out horribly.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

well they're dead op, not related to drugs. thanks for asking you insensitive prick

It may seem unrelated but god smote them for their druggie ways

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Blue Train posted:

It may seem unrelated but god smote them for their druggie ways

well one of them was a shinto so god gave him cancer for rooting for the wrong team

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

everyone who smoked weed in school ended up in similar places but with better memories of school. :negative:

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

well one of them was a shinto so god gave him cancer for rooting for the wrong team

A jealous god :hai:

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
can you imagine being such a dork that you have a problem with weed in tyil 2017

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Engineer, artist, stock broker, lawyer, junkie, programmer, doctor, doctor, doctor

Well most of them did pretty well

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
Literally every one of them turned out to be wildly successful. One owns and runs a boutique hotel in LA (with family), one is an engineer for Rolls Royce (airplane engines), one is a VP for iheartmedia, one is an Army officer that got through West Point, and one is a successful manager (on payroll, not contracting) of "analysts" for the government.

Those were by far the worst offenders too, I could sit here and go on for 30 minutes trying to think of everybody I ever knew who smoked any amount of weed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Best friend died in 2011, drove home drunk, veered off the road and landed in a pond.

I wish weed had something to do with it, he would have preferred to go out that way.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Secular Humanist posted:

hmm okay well lots of eastern european and asian immigrants come to america with dirt and become extremely successful. like, a ton. so i guess the oppresso-sphere is weirdly selective

I used to live in an area where the Russian/Albanian emigrants formed organized gangs & got away with all kinds of nonsense till NYPD got wind of them. They still there but it's all very low-key now. Big time into real estate/storage facilities/warehouses.

Nearly every Filipino I know is somehow in the medical field or has a business.

Every Muslim/Arab family I know are all super-over achievers. All the kids go to college, parents all have like 2 different jobs or have some kind of side hustles. The daughter is pre-med & wants to be a neuro-surgeon. Good neighbors.

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Secular Humanist posted:

hmm okay well lots of eastern european and asian immigrants come to america with dirt and become extremely successful.

Sure, in the 90s.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
For every successful eastern European in NA, there is like 3 barely employed alcoholics lol

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

Some are mathematigians some are carpenter's wives

:laffo:

ANUSTART
Jun 26, 2013

ur jiri3-pax(PAD)-ra2 al-tukur2?-re
gu-du-ni an-na-ab-be2
a-ra-/ab-gig-ga\-[(X)]-e-ce

- Wisdom of the ages.
dead
mechanic, happy
schizophrenic, texts me randomly about pizzagate poo poo
retail, ok? not sure

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

He was a supremely handsome fucker I'll give him that. But the accident affected his mind unfortunately. Had many, many surgeries but he was into weed/coke before/after. He had rich parents/only child so whatever he wanted in life he got it. Big time scuba diver/helicopter pilot/monster truck fiend--brought us amazing tickets to see Pink Floyd or Allman Brothers in three different states just so he could get smashed & have us drive him home.

So I can only imagine how tortured/self loathing he became after the accident. Really nice parents but fookin tragic.

Reminds me of Andrew Caspersen who had it all until his wife died in 9/11 and then he hosed up his life so hard it feels like he had no way to cope with anything not going his way aaaa and then his life exploded, he went to jail and etc

normal-ass vampire
Feb 14, 2011
The biggest stoner friends I had were a pair of siblings. Did a total 180 and are now uptight Evangelical weirdos constantly talking about the Holy Spirit and posting their vaguely described "praise" events on Facebook, all of which as far as I can tell involve praying/speaking in tongues for 4+ hours at a time while locked inside a church. They consider this a form of fun. They seem happy and I can't hate on that, but we uh, don't really talk anymore.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

Everyone wishes for death, she's a terrific girl.

drat yo this skellerton got some bomb rear end titties

Johnny-on-the-Spot
Apr 17, 2015

That feeling when he opens
the door for you
My stoner friends are hammering on a red hot piece of metal, they think they are blacksmiths. I guess they're happy.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
making dental crowns, paid pretty decently, once asked me "does it seem like I stopped growing up in high school?" to which I told him "yeah but you seem to be doing fine, so I wouldn't worry about it."

successful muscian who loves life

doctor

lawyer

engineer

astrophysicist

seems like they did ok

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

The Management posted:

They dropped out of college and the focus of their lives remains getting high and playing video games.

So in answer to your question, they unsurprisingly ended up being huge losers.

Yeah, this is what happened to the stoners I knew.

However, I knew a video game nerd who graduated college and was straight edge and anti weed, but suffered a fate as a loser. At least the stoners got to get high.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
dead or dying if there is any justice in the world

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BloodRed posted:

dead or dying if there is any justice in the world

yikes

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Of the three I remember:

Last I heard one became a petrt criminal.

One started grown his own shrooms in a cupboard in his caravan and attempted self surgery on a staf infected finger.

Last time I saw the third he looked like he'd graduated to something harder and was still unemployed. Though like two years later I was told he was doing ok, got his own house and was working as a laborer somewhere.

So overall: not good.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
My stoner best friend now lives in a commune in Hawaii growing pineapples and dating a woman 20 years older than him

He was previously deported from New Zealand after living as an illegal farm laborer

Caredresser
Oct 10, 2012

by zen death robot
I am a stoner friend, I ended up with schizophrenia and am now fighting to stay sober and sane

I'm unemployed but on Australian welfare while I hunt for jobs. Welfare says I'm capable of 15 hrs a week max

I go back to a Bachelor of Science next year, starting small and working my way up

I've wasted my life since high school. I'm just now trying to get back on track

Drugs, are bad

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
1. In and out of prison / pariah of the family.
2. Short order cook at a dive restraunt
3. Artisanal cheesemaker
4. Took over his Dads landscaping business.

Outside of #2 i think the others would have turned out the same with/without weed. But he was kind of drug (heh) down by #1.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Caredresser posted:

I am a stoner friend, I ended up with schizophrenia and am now fighting to stay sober and sane

I'm unemployed but on Australian welfare while I hunt for jobs. Welfare says I'm capable of 15 hrs a week max

I go back to a Bachelor of Science next year, starting small and working my way up

I've wasted my life since high school. I'm just now trying to get back on track

Drugs, are bad

It actually sounds like it is your brain/genetics that are bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

Blue Train posted:

It actually sounds like it is your brain/genetics that are bad

ya unless you have proven conclusively weed gives you schizophrenia

• Locked thread