Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«151 »
Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

So, did Riot want to do a 180 on their stance of trying to increase jungle diversity? because this scuttle patch basically made it so you either have to play a high damage AD jungler, high damage ranged jungler or nunu/ivern to have any hope of doing anything.

Almost every tank jungler is 45% winrate or lower since this patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

So, did Riot want to do a 180 on their stance of trying to increase jungle diversity? because this scuttle patch basically made it so you either have to play a high damage AD jungler, high damage ranged jungler or nunu/ivern to have any hope of doing anything.

Good

e; Also this is not very factual; only Elise, Gragas, Zac, Sejuani, and Diana are below a 47% win rate, and Mundo, Volibear, Rammus, Singed, Poppy, and Maokai all have 49% win rates or higher out of the jungle.

Something I will note is that of the top ten jungling slots by win rate, 7 of them are Tiamat junglers, which makes sense because ignoring the jungle item yet still having fast AoE clear is a very strong trait this patch. The other 3 include Graves and Quinn, bizarrely enough, and Singed, of all things, who is sitting at a 52% win rate out of the jungle. I strongly recommend playing a Tiamat jungler this patch, but I warn you that next patch they talked about increasing xp on regular camps, and I suspect that fast clears will stay important.

Idk about diversity though; you have to go down 22 champs to find one that doesn't win at least half their games, and down 38 to get below 48% win rate, which I consider the outer limit of decently balanced for champs that are not considered hard to play EG lee sin, thresh. It more just sounds like your regular stable of champs isn't doing very well this patch. Flexibility is a big proponent of player skill over time from patch to patch; have you considered picking up a few of the junglers that are doing well? Xin Zhao, Graves, Udyr, and Shaco are all very strong this patch, and even Lee Sin is having good success.

its curtains for Kevin fucked around with this message at May 24, 2018 around 01:25

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Just play Udyr (even though they're crippling Sterakk's).

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Mikujin posted:

Just play Udyr (even though they're crippling Sterakk's).

I disagree with crippling; the change to Bonus AD means that some champs will benefit more than they did; the nerf was directed only at Triforce users, which is much needed; Triforce is pretty abusable rn; Garens are walking around with 400 damage Trinity Force procs lmao

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I disagree with crippling; the change to Bonus AD means that some champs will benefit more than they did; the nerf was directed only at Triforce users, which is much needed; Triforce is pretty abusable rn; Garens are walking around with 400 damage Trinity Force procs lmao
It's actually a straight buff to bruisers that have bonus AD ratios and no base AD ratios. I'm actually excited to use it on Rek'sai (using it before actually meant you lost damage on abilities by building it), especially since she's gotta be in a great position right now in crab land.

I'm just salty that it's a huge hurt to Udyr's triforce game.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Mikujin posted:

It's actually a straight buff to bruisers that have bonus AD ratios and no base AD ratios. I'm actually excited to use it on Rek'sai (using it before actually meant you lost damage on abilities by building it), especially since she's gotta be in a great position right now in crab land.

I'm just salty that it's a huge hurt to Udyr's triforce game.

Udyr still has a lot of buy options; he doesn't need both. Just go Tri/Bloodrazor/Hydra.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Band-aids don't fix arrow wounds

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Bruh how long have you been playing? It's either "Everyone can jungle" or "Only these four champions can jungle" and it's been that way on and off the entire length of the game

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

I'm Taro Kitazawa! I'm going to draw comics in America!

Wait, are you all not just spamming Morgana jungle and stylin' on people? That's been working pretty well for me.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

everyone can jungle is way more fun, lets be honest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Band-aids don't fix arrow wounds

Tired Moritz posted:

everyone can jungle is way more fun, lets be honest
Bring me back to the patch where Quinn was the highest win rate in every single role

«151 »