Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
Volibear more like slap-I honestly don't like throwing things because that might seem a bit silly-bear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
If you play ARAM right now you have a random chance to get a Gathering Storm objective, and then after like 5 minutes(?) VOlibear appears at the middle of the bridge and knocks everyone up then you give him poro snax.

If you see this event you get a volibear emote.

its cool!!!

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

yeah have you seen anyone actually use those cheat tools? the range indicator for everything improves kiting on ranged champs an insane degree even if they aren't using the bot to have perfect movement. a lot of the people who cheated and never got caught were the ones not obviously scripting, but just having every range indicator turned on

Are these cheating tools really common or something? I completely stomped a game last night as kai'sa and the other team was accusing me of cheating somehow which I've never seen happen before.

I guess it was cause I was kiting (very poorly) away from them? Honestly once I need to kite I sometimes just do the lazy method of click and shift click since I usually want to attack the closest champion anyway

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest

Flip was way cooler than a boring stun. Changed him from being basic attack focused to ability focused. I don't think we need more tower diving poo poo...
The art looks great. I hope he can be played Top.

Wasn't "Volibear" just a volleyball pun? :( Flip was iconic. RIP.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:19 on May 9, 2020

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

When was this rework announced? Not seeing anything in this kit that screams "this took us 6-10 months to come up with"

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If he’s at all good that tower thing is going to be the first thing cut from his kit or they nerf him into oblivion.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Invalid Validation posted:

If he’s at all good that tower thing is going to be the first thing cut from his kit or they nerf him into oblivion.

Nah. His kit doesn't really have much going for it otherwise. It's pretty clear that they shoved most of his power budget into the Ohmwrecker effect.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

d0grent posted:

When was this rework announced? Not seeing anything in this kit that screams "this took us 6-10 months to come up with"

Just because it was announced doesn't mean they worked around the clock on this.

Unsure how much time the skin reworks would take though.

Marcus Elden
Apr 8, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They restarted it one time because they wanted him to be a spooky Voli but people were like yo Riot that’s dumb

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
The tower thing is just a small gimmick, it helps him tower dive at 6 (which a lot of champs can already do with aggro resets) but a mid/late-game 3.5k hp Volibear isn't gonna care about tower damage anyway

If they nerf anything it'll be the range, it's actually kinda strange how easily new Voli will be able to get to the backline given how vulnerable he is to kiting right now

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn
Anyone have any advice on how to best hit full damage Graves Qs when you're not near a wall?

It's very possible that the answer to this question is "be near a wall".

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Firebert posted:

The tower thing is just a small gimmick, it helps him tower dive at 6 (which a lot of champs can already do with aggro resets) but a mid/late-game 3.5k hp Volibear isn't gonna care about tower damage anyway

If they nerf anything it'll be the range, it's actually kinda strange how easily new Voli will be able to get to the backline given how vulnerable he is to kiting right now

I believe they’ve said that they wanted to make Volibear the most in your face juggernaut, as a way to keep the feel of his run at the enemy playstyle, just making reaching that enemy a bit easier every now and then with an ult.

Also he’s still able to be kited, without ult he’s got the same mobility as always with even less hard cc option and a potentially hard to land slow + damage.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

wocobob posted:

Anyone have any advice on how to best hit full damage Graves Qs when you're not near a wall?

It's very possible that the answer to this question is "be near a wall".

Be near a wall, or be fighting in an area like a corridor where they have no choice but to either back up into the horizontal blast or kite into you to take the return Q. It's intentionally easy to avoid when Graves isn't fighting in favorable terrain.

wocobob
Jan 7, 2014

damages enemies w/ corn

Vermain posted:

Be near a wall, or be fighting in an area like a corridor where they have no choice but to either back up into the horizontal blast or kite into you to take the return Q. It's intentionally easy to avoid when Graves isn't fighting in favorable terrain.

Fair enough lol. I've gotten really into Graves lately, but I think good Q damage is the missing piece (and probably one of the only really mechanically tricky parts of his kit).

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Noooo me and my buddy would voli/singed not lane whenever we wanted to mess around and have fun, it was surprisingly effective. RIP flip

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

wocobob posted:

Fair enough lol. I've gotten really into Graves lately, but I think good Q damage is the missing piece (and probably one of the only really mechanically tricky parts of his kit).

Just keeping E'ing into people and get 300 armor. Nothing else needed.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

d0grent posted:

Same time as Fiddle. They said they weren't going to set dynamite to either of their kits, but rework them because those two had the most votes for updates.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

Same time as Fiddle. They said they weren't going to set dynamite to either of their kits, but rework them because those two had the most votes for updates.

iirc Shyvana was the next highest and they are for sure going to set dynamite to hers last time I read

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
There's no point in playing Cybernetic Blademasters. Ekko never loving shows up. I keep getting burned.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

How Rude posted:

iirc Shyvana was the next highest and they are for sure going to set dynamite to hers last time I read

good riddance

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
Seems to me like they decided "he's a diving sustain tank now" and all his abilities do that and there was no place for the flip there anymore. So he doesn't voli his opponents anymore but at least he has cool new VFX and model now?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

He's a diving juggernaut, which is what his primary pattern already was. He will play almost the exact same way he already does, getting up close, auto-ing and cc'ing, big heals and hard to stop. They basically just changed the type of CC on his q, swapped his heal to a part of his bite, his chain lightning to his passive, and gave him a shield/ranged option e, and a short range leap ult that does a cool thing.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 16:26 on May 10, 2020

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vino posted:

Seems to me like they decided "he's a diving sustain tank now" and all his abilities do that and there was no place for the flip there anymore.

It's more that "guy who charges at you with increased movement speed and flips you over his head" is a niche firmly occupied by Singed as it is.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

He's a diving juggernaut, which is what his primary pattern already was. He will play almost the exact same way he already does, getting up close, auto-ing and cc'ing, big heals and hard to stop. They basically just changed the type of CC on his q, swapped his heal to a part of his bite, his chain lightning to his passive, and gave him a shield/ranged option e, and a short range leap ult that does a cool thing.

absolutely not. this does not look anything like volibear as he exists now as a top laner. you can say this stuff about literally any champion if you just keep reducing them to extremely abstract concepts. old volibear in lane was entirely based around positional play - using flip to pull enemies behind the minion wave to make their escape longer for extra juicy trades, using his roar to further disrupt the minion waves and fear the enemy backwards away from their tower, gathering up damage based off the distance they need to move and finishing them with W. the ult existed as basically a damage amp but gave him additional capabilities later on(if you do not stop volibear the chain lightning shreds your team).

new volibear does not have the heal passive as it exists. this is important. adding heal to his W removes the entire baiting portion of volibears play(can you take free damage to trigger passive for a heal? will the passive heal you up during the fight or do you get bursted down?). furthermore, volibear was an immediate champion. roar came out instantly. the flip came out instantly. flash into q was a possibility and the enemy had almost no recompense because with good timing there was no telegraphing. nearly all of these volibear abilities that they are showing are happening after a delay. they are slowing volibears playstyle down to make him more of a juggernaut.

meanwhile, new volibear q has a stun that does not reposition. this is key. his q gains speed "towards enemies", making it less versatile. previously, volibear could use his q to move away from enemies, skirt right at the edge of tower, then flick and turn to throw someone just in the tower range and fear them. volibears w has been changed to a two hit combo but is pretty similar. his e has nothing to do with his old playstyle. his ult has nothing to do with his old playstyle either.

i do not hate new volibear, but the champion plays absolutely nothing like old volibear in any regard except maybe jungling(i never really jungled him much so i am not too particular on it). it seems like a fun jungle character, i guess? i will play around with it to see, but one thing that it absolutely is not is anything like old volibear. this is a totally new champion

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

New Voli is a lot closer to old Voli than a lot of reworks are to their previous champs.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

GrandmaParty posted:

There's no point in playing Cybernetic Blademasters. Ekko never loving shows up. I keep getting burned.

He constantly shows up in the roulette, I ~think~ it's the one after the first time they let you pick the *5 ones.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Hellioning posted:

New Voli is a lot closer to old Voli than a lot of reworks are to their previous champs.

compared to an old player seeing new urgot and no doubt having no idea who that is, someone who is familiar with volibear would see new volibear and recognize it as such, yes. but if that player had volibear experience and tried to jump on volibear they would be completely stumped. nothing about new volibear plays like old volibear does except some moves which are vaguely similar - when you have a champion like volibear who is mechanically simple, the nuance of his kit becomes both his strategic arsenal and his raison d'ętre. to lose that nuance is to make something entirely different. and for what its worth, i think new volibear is a good design and fun... just will not play anything like volibear does now

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

GrandmaParty posted:

Cybernetic anything burns me. I don't know how a combo HP/AD buff feels so useless when Brawlers' HP buff feels so substantial

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

The Door Frame posted:

Cybernetic anything burns me. I don't know how a combo HP/AD buff feels so useless when Brawlers' HP buff feels so substantial

I thought about it and realized it's a pivot. You can easily still go 3 Cybers/4 Chrono/3 Blademasters/2 Blasters like a Kayle build and just roll over to Cybers if Ekko shows up.

So you'd go something like Vi/Lucian/Irelia/Blitzkrank/Shen/Ezreal/Wukong/Kayle and keep a fiora/Leona on standby for three gold apiece and just swap them in.

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
It's been a while but 3cyber carry Lucian with one other blaster is a nice way to early game winstreak. Then you either build up your bench and transition away from cyber or you are so dominant that it doesn't matter that your comp isn't amazing, you're three levels and 40hp ahead. I don't think there's been a point in the meta where 6 cyber was dominant and definitely never anything better than "kind of good." And brawler blasters was always good so with Lucian and vi you were already building into a decent meta comp. May be different now I'm a few weeks out of date.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 11, 2020

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Leona/Fiora/Lucian is a really easy trio to get together, though Leona is getting harder to find with Vanguards being more prized right now. Seems like every game I play there's a battle for Poppy especially.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Poppy and xayan are the two favorite babies.

Making a poppy shredder comp with xayan is super fun if no one else is hyper rolling.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I really like the free reroll they give you in TFT now. Makes those early levels seem less oppressive.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Invalid Validation posted:

I really like the free reroll they give you in TFT now. Makes those early levels seem less oppressive.

That's a galaxy modifier, it's not in every game.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
What are some things that I can do bot lane to influence the map early if I'm ahead? I've been playing pretty good but not getting anything out of it lately so I want to pick up some stuff to work on. Right now I focus on trying to get my jungler to take drake or sometimes roaming mid (i am spamming Jhin) to gank. The last game I played before ranked got disabled I was 3/1 and up 50 CS on my opponent but we lost because top velkoz (lol) and my jungle jax combined for 21 deaths and fed enemy hecarim so I was mostly useless as they could just dive me with impunity. Enemy bot lane did not deserve to win but they got handed a free win thanks to their mid & jungler, while my top and jungle threw the loving game for me.

BUT maybe I can do something for them? When I am ahead I just try to deny the enemy bot as much as possible while focusing on drakes because soul can be a win condition. Should I just give up some farm to the bot lane and rotate to herald? Assume I don't take bot tower, as I'm playing Jhin I try not to over extend that much to avoid jungle ganks or mid roams. Trade some plates & farm for herald? is that worth? Should I just do it anyways to help my other lanes? Rotate top / herald and try to 4v2 top/jungle? Push top tower even if my tower is still up?

Chuckle
Feb 9, 2013

Jerkface posted:

What are some things that I can do bot lane to influence the map early if I'm ahead? I've been playing pretty good but not getting anything out of it lately so I want to pick up some stuff to work on. Right now I focus on trying to get my jungler to take drake or sometimes roaming mid (i am spamming Jhin) to gank. The last game I played before ranked got disabled I was 3/1 and up 50 CS on my opponent but we lost because top velkoz (lol) and my jungle jax combined for 21 deaths and fed enemy hecarim so I was mostly useless as they could just dive me with impunity. Enemy bot lane did not deserve to win but they got handed a free win thanks to their mid & jungler, while my top and jungle threw the loving game for me.

BUT maybe I can do something for them? When I am ahead I just try to deny the enemy bot as much as possible while focusing on drakes because soul can be a win condition. Should I just give up some farm to the bot lane and rotate to herald? Assume I don't take bot tower, as I'm playing Jhin I try not to over extend that much to avoid jungle ganks or mid roams. Trade some plates & farm for herald? is that worth? Should I just do it anyways to help my other lanes? Rotate top / herald and try to 4v2 top/jungle? Push top tower even if my tower is still up?

if you're ahead knock over your tower then transition to another lane to start pushing over other towers and open up the map. once that's done push vision into their jungle and work to secure more objectives. this will lower the pressure on your other laners, and set up chances to get picks on the other team.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

njsykora posted:

That's a galaxy modifier, it's not in every game.

It should be.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Chuckle posted:

if you're ahead knock over your tower then transition to another lane to start pushing over other towers and open up the map. once that's done push vision into their jungle and work to secure more objectives. this will lower the pressure on your other laners, and set up chances to get picks on the other team.

This is pretty hard with the new home guard changes + bot tower armor, and Jhin kind of sucks at pushing towers due to the way his auto attack works. If I get a kill I can usually push and maybe get a plate but they'll be back by then. That's why I'm looking for things to do without requiring taking bot tower.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Jerkface posted:

This is pretty hard with the new home guard changes + bot tower armor, and Jhin kind of sucks at pushing towers due to the way his auto attack works. If I get a kill I can usually push and maybe get a plate but they'll be back by then. That's why I'm looking for things to do without requiring taking bot tower.

If you have an advantage where you push the enemy closer to their turret you should have some time while they are last hitting minions to go into the river with your support and secure vision in the enemy's jungle or around dragon. Another option is to soak xp while your support ganks mid, especially if you are strong and dominant enough in lane that the enemy duo will struggle to kill you if they try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Finally some good loving skins. SPACE BARD!
https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1260276730784145408