Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kojima producing Riot's fighting game would certainly be something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea, a good way to spend a lot of money on name recognition.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

RealFoxy posted:

Kojima producing Riot's fighting game would certainly be something.

Speaking of this game is the one where I crave details

I was thinking they'd probably have something at Evo this year, but I wonder how that would work with the new online only Evo.

Would be a good time to show how good their rollback netcode is (though I'm sure they're not even close to that stage yet)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Their netcode is presumably based on GGPO so is probably very good.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah if nothing else the Riot Fighter should have good netcode cause it has the two guys who literally built the Gold Standard of netcode calling the shots.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Pretty sure I read that was the whole point of buying them.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang

gvibes posted:

Sanchovies (top, lots of irelia). Quantum https://www.twitch.tv/quantum (mid). broxah does seem fairly chill.

ipav is toxic af, don't agree with that one.

Seconding Quantum. He's my favorite streamer that no one ever talks about and his streams are always very relaxing.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Well yeah I'm sure the netcode will be good considering the people working on it, I more meant I'm not sure they're at the point where they're going to be playing live matches yet

I'm holding out hope for some sort of closed beta announcement this year though!

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It would be such a crazy huge coup if Riot was able to get together a demonstration for their game during an all-online Evo

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Firebert posted:

It would be such a crazy huge coup if Riot was able to get together a demonstration for their game during an all-online Evo

I mean, they did remove mvc2's branding and replace it with a generic logo for one of their featured games...

But yeah it's extremely unlikely. It would be pretty amazing though

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Are there stats somewhere that show the the percentage of wins for teams that take the first dragon?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Invalid Validation posted:

Are there stats somewhere that show the the percentage of wins for teams that take the first dragon?

Looks like it's about 63% according to https://www.leagueofgraphs.com/rankings/win-stats

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Note that it's probably not the fact that first dragon itself is that important, but rather that the team with the stronger early game control has a much higher chance of winning as a consequence of that.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

lol

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I don’t understand how it’s possible for one chart to be so perfect

Also lol

https://twitter.com/nightbloo/status/1264302667435610112?s=21

strong bird
May 12, 2009

As of right now, AP (The Hose, the ghost item, deathcap) Dark Harvest (Cheap Shot, Ghost Poro, Ingenious Hunter) Nami is the new hotness.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I have no idea what like half of this means, could you please explain

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

The Shortest Path posted:

I have no idea what like half of this means, could you please explain

buying pure ability power on Nami instead of her normal +healing support items, Specifically spellthiefs edge and it's upgrades followed by the item that spawns two spooky ghosts that seek out and slow your enemies and then Rabaddons deathcap, while using the Dark Harvest keystone with the runes cheap shot, ghost poro, and ingenious hunter is an extremely powerful build on Nami. This has always kind of been true - it only really works when adc's are glorified minions and supp-tanks are tissue paper so Nami can get the gold she needs to deal real damage, otherwise she and her laner get stomped into the ground repeatedly for laning phase.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 25, 2020

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
On a related note:

Had someone in my aram complaining that he was a "top 1% aram player and deserved better teammates", silver lining was I found out I'm in an even more illustrious group. If only I applied any of this climbing dedication to ranked (slash was actually good enough to climb that high). It is fun to occasionally run into pros in ARAM and pretend like beating IMT academy players or whatever way off role means anything re: my level of play.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
What on earth does that weird bump on the left mean?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Vino posted:

What on earth does that weird bump on the left mean?

Probably a consequence of ARAM bots artificially settling down at the bottom, but I can't be sure.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
That would be my guess, they try to section off bots into their own matches/non SR-queues.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Kind of surprised at xin and sett, rest is perfect.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

gvibes posted:

Kind of surprised at xin and sett, rest is perfect.

Sett's probably a combination of newness and him having some truly horrendous matchups that feel miserable to play out, and Xin is an early game aggro jungler that turns into a pumpkin if he even mildly mismanages his pathing or ganks. In general, any strong duelist is a giant magnet for shitheads.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

foutre posted:

On a related note:

Had someone in my aram complaining that he was a "top 1% aram player and deserved better teammates", silver lining was I found out I'm in an even more illustrious group. If only I applied any of this climbing dedication to ranked (slash was actually good enough to climb that high). It is fun to occasionally run into pros in ARAM and pretend like beating IMT academy players or whatever way off role means anything re: my level of play.

Really curious about the bot bracket. Wonder what the play styles of the best/worst bots are like and how many humans are so bad they got put in bit bracket

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ok I think I'm done now

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I do not like what they have done with Volibear, obviously I am quite bad at this game but he seems not very fun or good and not much like the old Volibear. Seems a lot like the Aatrox rework to me, where I actually sorta liked the old champ despite the masses apparently not and the rework just does nothing for me. I can't see the Volibear rework being repeatedly nerfed like Aatrox was though.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

thebardyspoon posted:

I do not like what they have done with Volibear, obviously I am quite bad at this game but he seems not very fun or good and not much like the old Volibear. Seems a lot like the Aatrox rework to me, where I actually sorta liked the old champ despite the masses apparently not and the rework just does nothing for me. I can't see the Volibear rework being repeatedly nerfed like Aatrox was though.

Aatrox at least has some imaginable best case scenario where you play a fight perfectly and chain-knock people up for infinite damage. I’m not sure what Volibear is intended to do other than stand there and W people in long fights. What’s his ideal scenario? What’s the best possible volibear setup? A tower dive I guess?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i really like his pace in the jungle. good aoe and single target. sustain and a shield. you can go into dragon really early and its a decent mix of speed and safety. its not that fast but you dont lose much hp. in fights he can keep the W on an immobile melee champ and have very good effective hp. im liking triforce and titanic on him, if you dont have damage they will focus you last because your not dangerous enough.

its fun trying to figure out if hes good or not

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

kingcobweb posted:

Aatrox at least has some imaginable best case scenario where you play a fight perfectly and chain-knock people up for infinite damage. I’m not sure what Volibear is intended to do other than stand there and W people in long fights. What’s his ideal scenario? What’s the best possible volibear setup? A tower dive I guess?

He feels too slow to me. Not just movespeed (though he could definitely use a bit more speed at least in his early ranks of Q) but in his abilities. His passive takes too long to reach his full stacks, his W takes 5 seconds for the second proc and his E charge time is too long for its size. I’m note sure how he’s supposed to trade in top lane with bruisers, he doesn’t have reliable ranged farming options like other tanks and his sustain requires you to engage in combat for 5 seconds. Any other champion in lane is going to get their full combo out and either all in or disengage by the time Voli stacks up.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
yes i noticed the sluggishness on his moves. animations on all of his moves feel kinda slow to use

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
DOPA IS STREAMING ON TWITCH https://www.twitch.tv/dopa24

:siren: :siren: :siren: :siren:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

You’re all playing holiness wrong. You should be going AP with nashors tooth, rage blade and gun blade. Then you leap on people and hit them with your ludicrous ratios before the ADC shoots you four times and you die.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Drone_Fragger posted:

You’re all playing holiness wrong. You should be going AP with nashors tooth, rage blade and gun blade. Then you leap on people and hit them with your ludicrous ratios before the ADC shoots you four times and you die.

His holiness, Pope Volibear

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Xad posted:

His holiness, Pope Volibear

Team Bear Pope accepts this interpretation.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

How autocorrect corrects “volibear” to holiness, not sure. Musta mistyped it to begin with but still.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Dopa's such a blast to watch. I'm still always blown away by how he can play at the level he does almost exclusively with Normal casting, although top players having weird setups isn't anything new. Faker plays with mouse acceleration and an insanely high DPI, while the LPL's Knight plays like this:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
froggen also played with normal casting for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I think Knight doesn’t cross his hands anymore