Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Anivia's sole purpose right now is an ARAM superpick since her ult covers basically the entire bridge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

uguu posted:

Why isn't Anivia played in pro lol?

Tiny range generaly, but also has very slow skillshots that are super easy to dodge, very easy to gank since most junglers can avoid her wall, ulti isn't as strong anymore (can't spot cast r and then e to get the double damage).

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

uguu posted:

The current meta doesn't favor mages who only sit mid and waveclear and then wait for the next wave, right now almost everyone can just itemize to vaporize minion waves with tiamat, ludens or one insta-wave deletion ability and then use their crazy high movement to pressure jungle or side lanes all before the next wave crashes, Anivia is just too slow and vulnerable between lanes and if she walks over a ward she is going to get collapsed on halfway by at least 3 people who can jump on her from 2 screens away.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

uguu posted:

She's pretty bad pre-6 and gets absolutely dumpstered by more aggressive picks. If you want AP zone control and waveclear, you pick Orianna, who accomplishes a similar thing with fewer issues.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've never played Anivia, but just from her kit why can't she be played as support? A stun and a wall alone seem like useful things to set up kills.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Long cooldowns, she wants to push the wave really hard, Q is quite possibly the worst stun in the game.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

I've never played Anivia, but just from her kit why can't she be played as support? A stun and a wall alone seem like useful things to set up kills.

As with a lot of things, look less at what her kit can do and think about whether other champs can do the same thing better. There's at least 5 better supports who could more reliably land a stun than Anivia since her projectile is so slow. Plus she needs that Archangel to counteract how mana thirsty she is, you can't really work with her mana pool and get the items she needs to become relevant in the late game on a support budget.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
yeah if you want a support who can create walls anivia is the worst of the three (yes, worse than support azir)

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

She also has one stun and is very slow so her utility is pretty limited. Least with Brand he just shits damage without much setup.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

aniva can be played as support but its bad because:

1) shes slow as hell
2) stun is criminally bad
3) needs infinite gold to do anything
4) champ is bad, altogether

realy did the bird community bad with this one. anivia needs a complete remake (NOT rework - throw all of these spells in the trash) to not be a piece of garbage. or just port Phoenix 1:1 from Dota 2

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

What about Anivaynia?
Put down walls so Vayne can land her stun and then you go from there.

Anivia is really cool, let's all help her out.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

uguu posted:

What about Anivaynia?

Trundle does that job better

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

uguu posted:

What about Anivaynia?

If you're gonna run that just run jarvan or ornn support, because both those champs are better than anivia support and accomplish the same thing.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

they can help anivia out by firmly but gently placing the champ design in a dumpster and starting from scratch

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Anivia is fine. She just doesn't fit the meta. Landing the stun and hitting empowered E and trapping someone in the blizzard hell still rules

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Anivia's design is just outdated. Anyone who has movement abilities other than 'run fast' screw her over and most champions have movement abilities nowadays.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Also the stun isn't meant to be launched out by itself. Ideally you are tracking someone and leading your shot. Or predicting where your lane opponent will be when last hitting and send it through the minions.

It's also much easier to stun someone when you are closer to them and the blizzard is slowing them. It's a champion that takes a lot of experience getting used to her quirks.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Hellioning posted:

Anivia's design is just outdated. Anyone who has movement abilities other than 'run fast' screw her over and most champions have movement abilities nowadays.

That's mostly it, when most of the champions only option is to flash or die crawling out of the ultimate slow 100% to 0% she is pretty strong, but if everyone has dashes and micro-stuns and shields that negate most of the burst then she isn't going to fare well.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
I quit about 3 months ago, but Anivia was my go-to champion in mid. She is excellent at punishing mistakes, out-of-position enemies, and winning lane, but she has 0 capability in helping other lanes apart from teleport, and it's very demoralizing to see opponents jump across your wall without a care in the world. Still workable, but definitely not pro-friendly.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Anivia's wall needs to be impassable, and maybe knock up or something. You can't set up stuns with the wall anymore if everyone can literally blink or dash through it. I get that mobility is supposed to counter her but it's far too easy to outplay her due to how overloaded modern kits are.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

uguu posted:

its because froggen lost his job

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
started playing this game again because idk brain damage and ugh, the grind to level 30 is a pain in the rear end. I don't like playing blind pick.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
just use your old account

fnox
May 19, 2013

Tired Moritz posted:

started playing this game again because idk brain damage and ugh, the grind to level 30 is a pain in the rear end. I don't like playing blind pick.

you only have to weather it until you have a certain amount of champions, then you can play draft pick, if you get the cheap ones you can unlock it right away.

note, it's not much better, the process of levelling to 30 is intentionally awful so that they can coax you into buying boosts

fnox fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Oct 22, 2020

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

just use your old account

Noo, it got hacked by russian bots and banned

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

foutre posted:

Ego ignaxio?

apparently I have a mutual with this dude lmao

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tired Moritz posted:

Noo, it got hacked by russian bots and banned
Getting your original account back isn't as complicated as you think it might be. As long as you've still got emails from RP purchases they can verify your account pretty quick

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

RealFoxy posted:

Getting your original account back isn't as complicated as you think it might be. As long as you've still got emails from RP purchases they can verify your account pretty quick

If it's already banned it does not help most of the time, unfortunately

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

things I just learned: event orbs can sometimes contain not just skin shards, but skins

including ultimate skins

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

things I just learned: event orbs can sometimes contain not just skin shards, but skins

including ultimate skins

Yeah, every skin in the game has an equal chance of dropping from chests and orbs (though new skins take a week to go into the pool), and legendary and ultimate skins I think only drop as permanents, not shards. Spare a thought for the people who've gotten Udyr's ultimate skin drop.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Getting super confused as to why in a silver-gold flex queue of 3 my solo queued toplaner gets placed against a former master current D2 player who is a part of a 5 stack. Really don't get how the gently caress that happens

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
the population of the flex ladder is like 14 players

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

njsykora posted:

Yeah, every skin in the game has an equal chance of dropping from chests and orbs (though new skins take a week to go into the pool), and legendary and ultimate skins I think only drop as permanents, not shards. Spare a thought for the people who've gotten Udyr's ultimate skin drop.

i have a dunkmaster darius skin shard sitting in my inventory right now

fnox
May 19, 2013

Yeah I have legendary skin shards on my loot right now. They're not immediately activated.

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Believe it's any skin >1820 rp that immediately activates, but not including 1820.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Gray Matter posted:

Believe it's any skin >1820 rp that immediately activates, but not including 1820.

I acquired Elementalist Lux via skin shard way back when. Maybe they changed it recently, but were at one point absolutely able to get skin shards of the 3250 skins.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

njsykora posted:

The two highest value skin shards I've ever gotten were Udyr's ultimate skin and Magnificent TF.

Evil Kit posted:

I acquired Elementalist Lux via skin shard way back when. Maybe they changed it recently, but were at one point absolutely able to get skin shards of the 3250 skins.

I know this was the case and I had to go look it up to satisfy my curiosity - patch 8.5 made legendary and mythic skins auto-redeem.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Boxman posted:

I know this was the case and I had to go look it up to satisfy my curiosity - patch 8.5 made legendary and mythic skins auto-redeem.

gently caress me then I guess lol. It required so much orange essence.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I got the pulsefire ezrael like two days before they made that change. Emailed support asking if they could just redeem it but nah apparently. Wasn't too fussed cause it's not a particularly great skin really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

I got pulsefire cait at some point despite not playing adc. A decent singed or Shen skin though? Hell no.