Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I leave team chat on, mostly cause I play with a few people that aren't comfortable using mics, but I can't imagine playing with all chat on at all.

Honestly I've thought about just turning chat off unless I'm playing with someone who needs it in general. I can't really remember the last time I've seen someone say something actually useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will never turn any chat off or mute anyone. I will happily repory though.

fnox
May 19, 2013

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I leave team chat on, mostly cause I play with a few people that aren't comfortable using mics, but I can't imagine playing with all chat on at all.

Honestly I've thought about just turning chat off unless I'm playing with someone who needs it in general. I can't really remember the last time I've seen someone say something actually useful
I don't know when they added the allied chat toggle but it has to be the best thing they've ever added to the client. I literally never turn on chat unless I'm 5 stacking.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

just be too high to read chat, it really improves your game

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

I religiously mute my team chat (but not pings) but am never really bothered by all chat. The most toxic poo poo always comes from your own side.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Elephunk posted:

I religiously mute my team chat (but not pings) but am never really bothered by all chat. The most toxic poo poo always comes from your own side.

This Summoner gets it

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

New KDA music video is up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VTkBuxU4yk

It's good! I feel like it doesn't quite hit the high of Pop/Stars, but that's also because it's not the first one anymore. It's still really great though!

I feel like they tried to make Akali's whole motorcycle thing be the neon highlight from Pop/Stars but it's just not quite the same. I also think the whole part with Seraphine would've been especially cool if she'd come out a few characters ago and they'd kept it secret who the new member was going to be. As is it was still a really cool sequence though and I do like that they gave her a bit of personality in the video with her breaking character and such. It was a nice touch

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I became a better player after I switched off chat completely. Quite a few characters I like have very good scaling, so with it off I can concentrate on a comeback if I fall behind in lane which is made much easier without my team yelling at me for "feeding" because I was going 0/2/0 in lane after 15 minutes.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There's a CG trailer for Wild Rift out, which I really like for showing champs basically bored out of their mind when not on the rift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzkbos0oeo

Action George
Apr 13, 2013
I leave all chat on because half of the time seeing who tilts and why is as entertaining as the game itself

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!
Yeah enemy chat is a great jungling tool, lets you know the best places to gank without even checking the map

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I leave on all chat because all it takes is one little funny comment to the worst member of the enemy team to win a game. I don't even mean name calling, I've won games off saying "lol" in all chat when someone gets shut down

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

having all chat on is mandatory as singed because you have to not just win the lane you must tilt the enemy so hard that they throw it. My personal fave is double killing their top and jungler in a gank then typing "ty for prepping my double buffs". You can be sure jungler will camp top for the rest of the game and give up drag after drag for that.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Elvis_Maximus posted:

New KDA music video is up:

so many Skarners died for this

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

njsykora posted:

There's a CG trailer for Wild Rift out, which I really like for showing champs basically bored out of their mind when not on the rift.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFzkbos0oeo

cool that they're just re-inventing the original league lore

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I don't want to mute pings but I do wish I could force multi-pings to only show up as one - love loving up a thing 'cause I can't actually see the map under the eight question mark pings on whatever I'm supposed to be looking at

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Servaetes posted:

so many Skarners died for this

good

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Verviticus posted:

cool that they're just re-inventing the original league lore

Haven't they done this a bunch already? What's different here?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

piL posted:

Haven't they done this a bunch already? What's different here?

The rift was originally an actual thing in runeterra to avoid wizard wars and stuff.

Then they changed it to be like overwatch where the game itself isn't happening in universe.

Now wild rift trailer has the characters going to the rift as if it's real.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

I just had my top laner say in all chat to the enemy quinn who destroyed him in lane :
"I wish I could use a slur without getting banned"

I reported him anyway.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Stormgale posted:

The rift was originally an actual thing in runeterra to avoid wizard wars and stuff.

Then they changed it to be like overwatch where the game itself isn't happening in universe.

Now wild rift trailer has the characters going to the rift as if it's real.

The wild rift is canon, the summoner's rift is not canon, why is this so hard to understand.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

having all chat on is mandatory as singed because you have to not just win the lane you must tilt the enemy so hard that they throw it. My personal fave is double killing their top and jungler in a gank then typing "ty for prepping my double buffs". You can be sure jungler will camp top for the rest of the game and give up drag after drag for that.
imo the real pro strat to tilting people is speaking entirely in spanish

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Drone_Fragger posted:

i think i've got two favorite all chat moments:

first one was playing into a challenger player in normal draft, asking if he was doing okay he died and he replied "BLACK" and refused to say anything else when I asked him to clarify

second was after ganking a rumble mid that typed "really?" on his third death to said ganks, on the fourth i said in voice comms with friends "He's about to blast out a gamer word" and on the fourth death he typed out "n-word." like, not the slur, literally "n-word"

reported the challenger player but i was laughing way too hard to report the rumble

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?
A great way to tilt people is spamming. Not like spamming chat with poo poo, just spamming champ dances and the like. The top tier ones are like rumble laugh, urgot dance and especially sion dance and laugh. They will get really tilted if they're incredibly insecure like most lol players are.
If they do not tilt and also spam, then congrats, you made a friend.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Waterfall Watcher posted:

A great way to tilt people is spamming. Not like spamming chat with poo poo, just spamming champ dances and the like. The top tier ones are like rumble laugh, urgot dance and especially sion dance and laugh. They will get really tilted if they're incredibly insecure like most lol players are.

Ezrael has extremely powerful spam.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
rip old ez spam

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Spamming that emote any time the enemy misses a skillshot or fails a gank puts them into turbo-tilt mode, from my experience. It's great.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender
I like to wish people good luck and have fun and when someone makes the overdone joke 'no you', I give a smiley face even though I heard it last game. When the game is over, if I remember, I try to tell someone else on either team something they did that was good and I usually say ggwp even if it wasn't all that good and the play was less than well.

Edit: I consider myself an emotional support main.

piL fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 30, 2020

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Chat is great because you get to yell at the one person who doesn't have a skin in your game and you get to berate them for not spending money on a free game.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Twitch skin gives me DJ Sona. gg Riot.

(Yes, I know nobody gives a poo poo)

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Oct 30, 2020

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

piL posted:

I like to wish people good luck and have fun and when someone makes the overdone joke 'no you', I give a smiley face even though I heard it last game. When the game is over, if I remember, I try to tell someone else on either team something they did that was good and I usually say ggwp even if it wasn't all that good and the play was less than well.

Edit: I consider myself an emotional support main.

Yeah if I get outplayed in an interesting way I like to laugh at my death and compliment the enemy player on it in all-chat sometimes.
Usually works out well.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Agrias120 posted:

Spamming that emote any time the enemy misses a skillshot or fails a gank puts them into turbo-tilt mode, from my experience. It's great.

how could this piss off anyone? its just one of fifteen thousand completely identical zero-personality garbage emotes they pumped out to trick people into dumping their riot points

i dont think i even know what champion that is that emote is so bad

edit: its me who got pissed off at the bad emote

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Oct 30, 2020

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Fortune laugh and Lux laugh. Go big or go home. :colbert:

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

also to further undermine my own point, people will literally ragequit games if you just press like mastery 6 or “2016 world champions” emote

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Verviticus posted:

how could this piss off anyone? its just one of fifteen thousand completely identical zero-personality garbage emotes they pumped out to trick people into dumping their riot points

edit: its me who got pissed off at the bad emote

It's Cosmic Lux, the non-canon end of the most recent Dark Star/Cosmic event where players could pick between supporting the Cosmic or Dark Cosmic groups and the winner decided the canon Lux skin.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

gently caress.. i shoudve known

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Verviticus posted:

how could this piss off anyone?

quote:

Well just from the artwork it's obvious Oracle from Dota had a child with Jirachi from Pokemon.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I'm surprised at how balanced Seraphine feels in the wake of Samira. She's both fun to play and not maddening to play against. Her abilities are strong but the projectiles are slow, and two of them are at least somewhat dependent on your teammates having something to compliment them. That ult is a game changer, though. If you don't blow it right at the start of a fight it's usually not hard to hit at least 3 people, if not the whole team.

The hoverboard is wack though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

also to further undermine my own point, people will literally ragequit games if you just press like mastery 6 or “2016 world champions” emote

I get this almost every time someone comes in all chat complaining that I’m playing malzahar and then I ult kill them and flash mastery 7