Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Anidav posted:

Senna and Seph bot is a loving crime.

Heal heal heal heal heal

For only 1000g you can buy an item that banishes all that healing to the pits of hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Yeah but you get poked to death before you reach 1k.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I have to say that playing support at whatever low level i am at (I can't play ranked yet to find out :( ) has given me more of a desire to try out playing mid and top lane roles where i'm on my own lol.

Sometimes you have a beautiful combination with your team-mate, and sometimes it's absolute cancer.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The best part of playing bot lane (Whether farming or support) is being able to blame your partner whenever you lose lane. It's like having an extra jungler.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Every once in a while I get to fight an Ezreal jungler, and invariably they're either trolling or an absolute pushover. Tonight, an Ezreal jungler got me mastery 6 on Xin Zhao.

Anidav posted:

Heal heal heal heal heal

Have been both of those in that combo on different occasions, can confirm

ParisFascistWeek
Jan 26, 2021

Barudak posted:

For only 1000g you can buy an item that banishes all that healing to the pits of hell

i thought executioner's was only 800gp

ParisFascistWeek
Jan 26, 2021

Stunt_enby posted:

skins are a crutch for players who are bad at the game. once you get good at league, you will instinctively turn all of yours off or only select skins that go with your team composition for camaraderie purposes

this cannot be true for Dawnbringer Soraka. It's eyecandy

Edit: sorry for double post

ParisFascistWeek fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Feb 22, 2021

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Anidav posted:

Heal heal heal heal heal

This is why I conveniently posted a guide to playing Leona: to stomp all over that kind of obnoxious bullshit

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
To the guy carrying the enemy team in URF: It's only because you picked Veigar that you lost. Eat this Ornn.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

To the guy carrying the enemy team in URF: Using Ziggs in this mode should be considered a war crime and you should be put on trial for your crimes against humanity.

Vino
Aug 11, 2010
Oh my loving god yes I had to play an ARURF as Sivir against a Ziggs/Pyke lane and I spent 95% of the time dodging skill shots with a useless laning partner that kept getting caught so that I could spend 5% of the time trying to run them down with Q and R. Felt like I was the last player on your team in dodgeball, you can't win, just gotta keep dodging for as long as you can.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

DODGEBALLS ON ONE SIDE OF YOU

LANDMINES ON THE OTHER

NO ESCAPE :argh:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I played exactly one game of URF for the quest and was swiftly reminded why I do not play URF.

Thankfully, the ridiculously fast Annie zooming around one comboing the entire enemy team was on my side, but I cannot think of anything less fun than having to fight that.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Pleased to discover that regardless of how much they nerf it, Dark Harvest Duskblade MF is still stupidly fun.

Today I tried using an essence reaver instead of the usual RFC and it had a comparable level of opening burst while also giving a lot more damage after the opening burst, especially seeing as the 1.5 second cooldown on Spellblade lined up perfectly with the 2 second cooldown on Q. The one downside being of course that I can't alpha strike from 700 range due to losing the energised range boost.

SirSamVimes fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 25, 2021

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
why didn't anyone tell me there was a magical cat that you can play with practically no effort >:|

I had a yuumi as my support for the first time (dabbling in some ADC) and he literally sat on my shoulder the entire game. He told me he liked playing the character because "I don't have to do anything, I love the passivity"

surprisingly we lost that game somehow

Starsfan fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 25, 2021

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s cause she’s nerfed to hell since she can make bruisers invincible. She’s a cool design in theory but she’s a menace with her heal. She’s gonna need an overhaul eventually.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Invalid Validation posted:

That’s cause she’s nerfed to hell since she can make bruisers invincible. She’s a cool design in theory but she’s a menace with her heal. She’s gonna need an overhaul eventually.

Her kit is a cool idea and good Yuumis do a lot more active decisions then just sitting on someone. However, her heal + MS being a big part of her kit basically puts her in design hell where if she's good people get super frustrated about her. I hope they rework the healing and make it so she can be cool but not make some big dude invincible.

Dragongem fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Feb 25, 2021

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I want them to make it so that you charge up your heal by zooming around between targets. Maybe at like 3 stacks or something it's the same as the current heal, and at 5 stacks it's a little bigger/gives more movespeed

Have the stacks decay when you're sitting on someone, but not be consumed by the heal itself so if you're bouncing around everywhere you get big heals and speed, but if you're just staying on one person you heal much less

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The problem is she’s untargetable. It wouldn’t be so bad if you could knock her off the person. I don’t know how you’d do that and I’m sure Riot doesn’t either so expect to eventually see her as another option to Sona/Seraphine.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Elvis_Maximus posted:

I want them to make it so that you charge up your heal by zooming around between targets. Maybe at like 3 stacks or something it's the same as the current heal, and at 5 stacks it's a little bigger/gives more movespeed

Have the stacks decay when you're sitting on someone, but not be consumed by the heal itself so if you're bouncing around everywhere you get big heals and speed, but if you're just staying on one person you heal much less

needing to move around a lot would actually be interesting, but it depends how committed they are to the "you just go afk and mash your two buttons" character fantasy lol

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Finished my placement matches, won a cool 4 out of 10, and got a sweet Iron 1 position. Then I won 6 games playing Morgana mid and reached the dizzying heights of bronze 4 :cabot:
E: or is it 5. Whatever, the worst one

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Their idea for how to make Yuumi not suck is force her to get off so she has to autoattack enemy champions for the shield and mana restore by straight up giving her %max mana mana costs.

I don't understand how Riot can do things like that and Pyke's health to attack damage conversion passive while still thinking that they are making good champ design choices.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I guarantee once a dev has an idea for a champion they’ll cram it into a model and fix it later if it doesn’t work. There’s no way they couldn’t get some decent numbers if they actually cared to play test each champion in beta.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Yknow I can get why people think that Riot, a 20 billion dollar company making one of the most popular games on earth for over a decade, somehow has no idea what they're doing. I have Opinions on it, but I can see how someone from the outside looking in would feel that way. but takes like "they don't playtest" are what truly confounds me

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I've started banning Yuumi moreso to prevent my own support from picking her than the enemy.

edit: Let her move around while attached to a champion, but tethered to be unable to move a certain distance from them. She can stay untargettable, but skillshots can now hit her. Knock up effects displace her from the champion altogether.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I guarantee once a dev has an idea for a champion they’ll cram it into a model and fix it later if it doesn’t work. There’s no way they couldn’t get some decent numbers if they actually cared to play test each champion in beta.

They did playtest, for Pyke at least, since he launched with the health to damage conversion because they knew that if he was allowed to be tanky he'd be constantly OP. Instead of thinking 'hey, we made this character with so many strengths that allowing them to properly utilize our item system would break them, maybe we should change their kit', they were so attached to 'assassin support' as a concept they just force him to build squishy.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

It's a 20 billion dollar company!! They have 2,500 employees!!!!!! They obviously playtest!!!!!! how is this a question what the gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Look at you fuckin nerds standing up for Riot.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

yeah that must be it. nothing else could be causing people to reply to you like they do

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

sorry but when someone makes one of the most insane insinuations i have ever seen about any game im gonna get my digs in

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Don't double down on your stupid poo poo just cause you think it's funny.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Why not? it suits this lovely thread.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

stop posting

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Goons who can't stop posting about how much they hate the game/devs of the game they can't seem to stop playing are my favorite genre

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It really seems to be mobas and mmos that breed that style of moron

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Monicro posted:

It's a 20 billion dollar company!! They have 2,500 employees!!!!!! They obviously playtest!!!!!! how is this a question what the gently caress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then you see how many bugs viego shipped with and it’s not so clear

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Says the same people who constantly say to mute all first thing when getting into a match.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Says the same people who constantly say to mute all first thing when getting into a match.
mute all these lovely posts, please

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Dragongem posted:

I hope they rework the healing and make it so she can be cool but not make some big dude invincible.

Yuumi on a big dude isn't the worst.

Now, Yuumi on someone slippery and bursty like a fed Fizz, well, you might as well stay in fountain because that's where your going to be sent back to anyway as they permanently roam your jungle together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Why not? it suits this lovely thread.

There’s probably some data out there but I truly believe on weekends/holidays that the pool of people widens enough that you’ll find worse people playing in general cause the more dedicated people play during the week.

How do you prove hypotheticals that don’t have any meaningful numbers behind them?

E: just checked my last month of games and I win more during the week. It’s a small statistic but it could add up over time.

lol you're the weekend meta person too, what an amazing poster