Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
amumu's root got turned into a normal stun a while back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Rammus owns because he renders all the annoying characters whose name start with Y unable to play the game. Yasuo, Yone, master Yi... The last thing they hear is a mumbled "ok".

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Sadly that's only really true for the beginning of the game. Yi eventually gets to the point where he shreds through rammus no matter how much armor he has.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

90% of the time when I play Rammus against a Yi, he kills himself on me before he can kill me.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Alright I'm gonna try out Rammus. I even have a rammus skin it turns out, fuckin full metal rammus :black101:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Biplane posted:

What's the easiest, most babbys-first-jungler jungler?

its 100% udyr and dont listen to the people steering you wrong. other good first time junglers include: warwick, nunu&willump, and vi. i dont believe in the rammus hype like other people do -- it certainly is a good pick into entirely AD teams, but other than that and the predator rammus cheese i find in many games rammus just sort of exists without being much of a problem in the way that something like a vi or a warwick provide just by existing

E: also as someone who has never lost a game as amumu the guy isnt too hot right now and probably dont bother playing him at all for any purpose

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Hecarim is a very easy first jungler. AOE clear built into his abilities, sustain, knock back and an aoe fear.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

udyr is good and fun and pretty easy but i feel like he's a bit like singed in that you don't learn to play jungle, you learn to play udyr, if that makes sense. in that like his entire reason for being is getting away with bullshit.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Biplane posted:

What's the easiest, most babbys-first-jungler jungler?

of the junglers that are winning games and getting lots of play right now, udyr, hecarim, khazix, reksai, nunu, skarner are all fine choices. stick to characters you will see a lot if you dont pick them so you can learn stuff about them in games where you are playing someone else

you're gonna lose some games if you dont look up a route for whichever one you choose so you should do that as well and other than that just focus on killing camps and ganking people. goons are gonna tell you about objective control and all that bullshit but ignore them and just find ways to gently caress up other players first and foremost, pick up dragon and rift herald timings and that poo poo when the idea no longer stresses you out

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Good solid advice. I'm gonna try udyr next time I'm forced into jungle, I even have spiurit guard udyr. But something truly terrible happened to me just now. I had just managed to scrape together 200 tokens and bought an event orb, and in that orb was another orb, no shards or anything. And in that orb, I got one (1) ward skin shard. So two orbs, one terrible ward total. What the actual gently caress Riot

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
yeah orbs are a huge trap, I feel like champ tokens are the best bang for your buck (even if you have every champ as you can just dust them to buy rune pages, chromas when they do that sale etc etc) but I'm sure there's some weird reddit post detailing the mathematical best thing to buy

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Who the hell uses rune pages.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I picked Xin Zhao as my first jungler because I liked the guy with the spear, stubbornly got good with him, and now I can’t play any actual good junglers

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Hellioning posted:

Who the hell uses rune pages.

Especially buying rune pages when you can just reset them in like 5 seconds.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
after picking my champion i typically gaze into the middle distance slackjawed until there's 10 seconds left so having a premade one for all the champs i play is nice

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Half the fun of rune pages is occasionally forgetting to reset and have to deal with lethal tempo nami or aery diana.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

njsykora posted:

Especially buying rune pages when you can just reset them in like 5 seconds.

Some of us still have like 10 from when you couldn't adjust them on the fly

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Monicro posted:

after picking my champion i typically gaze into the middle distance slackjawed until there's 10 seconds left so having a premade one for all the champs i play is nice

Hellioning posted:

Half the fun of rune pages is occasionally forgetting to reset and have to deal with lethal tempo nami or aery diana.

I feel attacked

Barudak
May 7, 2007

chaleski posted:

Some of us still have like 10 from when you couldn't adjust them on the fly

Yeah, Ive got this. So I just use them for giggles then forget and have to go whelp guess Im going all in with Sona

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I've got a bunch of pages available from back in the day, but I don't ever use them and instead just reset a single page every game. Keeps me from being too lazy with my rune choices and gets me thinking about team comps and counters more actively than if I just set my Enchanter Page and snooze until the spawn-in sounds play.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have four, with three set pages and one that rotates. Even on the off chance I do play Lux, Ezreal, or Illaoi, I usually forget I have specific pages for them and end up remaking them in the fourth slot anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its something I like a lot about wildrift, champion has their own pages so once you've made a preferred page its always there and when you pick a champ it defaults to their page you've made for them. You can have multiple per champ too so if you do have like two variations depending on team comp you can set them.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Monicro posted:

Same, but until the 15 min mark where one team ffs at random, so the runes rarely come into play.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
I have rune pages set for my favorites but I have one of those fancy overlays that I can click a button to set the best runes for everyone else and there's just a dump slot for that

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Hellioning posted:

This is how I discovered the glory of Fat Ashe.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I only managed to get 2076 tokens from the Lunar Beast quests. Just a little short of getting the prestige points. :negative:

EDIT: And I have just learned that the event is still going for another day. Oops. Guess it's time to grind.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 7, 2021

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

njsykora posted:

This is how I discovered the glory of Fat Ashe.

Yeah it's not necessarily good but sometimes you find something glorious that somehow works for a single game. Support lux with press the attack destroys lane at level one if you hit a Q, accidentally won a game that way.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Barudak posted:

Its something I like a lot about wildrift, champion has their own pages so once you've made a preferred page its always there and when you pick a champ it defaults to their page you've made for them. You can have multiple per champ too so if you do have like two variations depending on team comp you can set them.

this would be the not stupid way to do it in the PC version also but they don't want to hurt the feelings of the players who bought them for realmoney back when they were pay-to-win instead of pay-to-not-be-annoyed-by-stupid-UX-design

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Have they buffed singed yet.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

a fatguy baldspot posted:

Have they buffed singed yet.

he got a hefty poison buff but itemization is still weird. his best mythic options are riftmaker, which is theoretically decent but practically too weak to really take advantage of, liandry's, which makes him feel like he's made out of paper, and chemtank, which leaves him dealing such weak damage he's little more than a fling bot.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm on a six win streak, closing on silver. I had an S+ game as teemo top, the other team was so mad. I guess I'm just really good at the videogame :hehe:

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
re: jungle talk, I think Warwick and Skarner are very good picks for new jungle players, I have noticed that (at my assuredly low elo) they are always very effective even though they are likely being played by people who are basically brain dead.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Skarner I think has the added bonus of no-one actually knows what he does.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I know he dragged me to my death several times in a game one time.
Edit: and apparently he is a wise scorpion infused with crystal energy? That is extremely my poo poo

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Until they changed it like a bunch of cowards, Seraphine got her power from crystals taken from the bodies of Skarner's family. A bunch of people were really mad about this plot point for some reason.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
The crystals are like their souls and they're still alive, and when the crystals are used it's like torture. It's not really worth getting mad about but they did apparently make a character who knowingly uses torture magic to make pretty songs and didn't really think about that.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Also it's not just Skarner's family, it's his entire race, which is being genocided by Piltover and Zaun for the hextech crystals needed to make anything hextech work.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Honestly she probably would be even more popular if she was secretly evil

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
at least she would have a personality other than "kpop singer"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

well I personally am anti-Skarner genocide :colbert: