Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Lovechop posted:

hey thanks for showing up to do the VO work so last minute. basically you just need to read these lines out in character, thanks

Welcome to the League of Legends Thread!
:siren: Goon Discord! https://discord.gg/DfRKdtrne3 :siren:

Previous thread
Competitive thread
Legends of Runeterra thread
Riot Forge thread
Team Fight Tactics (TFT) Thread

So, I have never played or I'm coming back again after not playing, what all has changed?

:siren::siren: CHANGES TO THE JUNGLE AGAIN! NEW ITEMS! NEW DRAGONS THAT COME IN BOTH POLLUTED ROBOT AND ROBOT FLAVORS!:siren::siren:

If you've never played, feel free to ask questions in the thread. Lots of people are very happy to assist and answer anything you might want to know. You can ask in the discord too if you'd like as well!

Check out what they've added in 2022 in further detail below:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/news/game-updates/preseason-2022-pbe-preview/

Quick Links:
General League News
OP.GG Stat Tracking Analytics site for Platinum and higher games
Champion.gg Champion analytics with most commonly bought items, etc

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Nov 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
TOKEN STUPID PICTURES AND GIFS POST

Equally Important:

https://i.imgur.com/uQk5Ywl.mp4https://i.imgur.com/lqTTFCq.mp4
https://i.imgur.com/DsL7Adm.gifv

ps Rabidsquid was and is a fuckin' legend

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Nov 20, 2021

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Oh boy I can't wait for all of the exciting gameplay balance and changes that await us all in League of Legends: Season SevenEight

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i know the game is a little too tilted towards offense right now but other than some outlier champs i feel like the new runes let you do all kinds of fun poo poo. dorans ring start miss fortune isnt something that locks you into a lovely cheese build and is a very fun lane. altho getting adaptive ap when you want adaptive ad to last hit stuff can be kinda annoying at levels 1-3

Alris
Apr 20, 2007

Welcome to the Fantasy Zone!

Get ready!
-inhales deeply- aaaaah.... new thread smell.

Protip: Always Ban Lee Sin

Alris fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 20, 2017

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Never forget Young Lizard, Defender of Buffs, Slayer of Terrible Junglers
~ RIP ????-2014 ~

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I dont get the thread name

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

welcome to Hentai Bill's Used Post Emporium
We got lots of posts y'all!

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's a wild world of 70% banrate Ezreal

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v6rHsQcgno

Tired Moritz posted:

I dont get the thread name
Click the Lovechop quote in the first post

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Oh right, it was a good post. Though I prefer the post about "Dr. Mundo's new lines".

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

this video is actually really outdated, I'm good at fiddlesticks now
I got a name change and now I have a skin for him (the mummy skin)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I miss you

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I love League of Legends!!!

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
ground floor

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

same.

Vermain posted:

I love League of Legends!!!

same

I've been playing battlerite and that's pretty fun too

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
If I post on the first page do I become an important League thread poster, or does will I become cursed by spooky ghosts or something?

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
This is a good game to die in.

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

I'll play this game again one day, I promise

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

I'll play this game again one day, I promise

No better time than now, summoner.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

CubeTheory posted:

If I post on the first page do I become an important League thread poster, or does will I become cursed by spooky ghosts or something?
you either die a gowby or you live long enough to steal money from goons to build a speed running pc

I can still see gowby posts in my dreams sometimes

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Guys, I just got Vayne because of her new upcoming skin, and I love her. I feel like she's the best adc, and she suits me perfectly. I have a problem though: my support is never in sync with me, and I end up dying a lot due to their incompetence. Why can't supports just go in when I do? I've tried telling them to get in lockstep with me, but for some reason they are never gracious despite my advice. Just go in at level one, man. With my silver bolts I can win any engage if I just have some support!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Guys, I just got Vayne because of her new upcoming skin, and I love her. I feel like she's the best adc, and she suits me perfectly. I have a problem though: my support is never in sync with me, and I end up dying a lot due to their incompetence. Why can't supports just go in when I do? I've tried telling them to get in lockstep with me, but for some reason they are never gracious despite my advice. Just go in at level one, man. With my silver bolts I can win any engage if I just have some support!
:thunk:

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Tried Rammus jungle for the first time last night. We won, but certainly not because of anything I did. I guess sometimes just not feeding is a safe enough strategy.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Whoo ground floor :toot:

I'm having loads of fun with Ashe now that I did in fact switch to Press The Attack (even though it's getting nerfed soon, rip). Ashe does so much loving damage and no one expects it and then they're just loving dead.

Precision:
Press The Attack
Overheal or Triumph (if you have a heal support/expect to buy into heavy lifesteal, Overheal, otherwise Triumph)
Alacrity
Coup De Grace (if they go double tank, grab Cut Down instead)

Domination:
Cheap Shot
Zombie Ward

Seriously, she's gonna get overlooked due to Vayne and Ez and probably MF being the hugest outliers but Ashe is a top tier pro pick.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I just hope they don't nerf Kleptomaniac because it's not really the best choice in most games but it's one of the most fun.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's me, I'm the guy with the S3 challenger icon in the OP.

It's the best icon because no one needs to know I got it from TT.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

what the gently caress is that Lux

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

frajaq posted:

what the gently caress is that Lux

The original design, thought up by Shurelia when she still worked for Riot.

About as awful as you could expect.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That was back before Riot really had much of an art department or quality control. They ended up going with a redesigned version based off of fanart by Katie De Sousa, which eventually lead to her landing a job at Riot proper.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I'm back after not playing for like a year and it's pretty fun??? But I'm still mostly playing ARAMs because SR is really anxiety inducing without friends.

Aery is very cool.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

RealFoxy posted:

you either die a gowby or you live long enough to steal money from goons to build a speed running pc

I can still see gowby posts in my dreams sometimes

I'm here!! It's me, your friend gowby!

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
first page? easily

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I'm going to miss this wacky patch of Rocket Tag league of legends when they tone down the BS keystones

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Right now, it looks like the only major change they're making to runes for the upcoming patch on Wednesday is to knock Aery down slightly (15-40 instead of 20-60 base) and make Predator a little more appealing. I'm fine with things settling for a few patches so that they can get the data they need for adjustments, but I hope Coup, Sudden Impact, and Triumph all get looked at and knocked down a peg or two. I'm actually okay where Aftershock is right now, because it's brought back several engage supports like Nautilus and Leona in a big way.

Conversely, there's a few runes that seem to be underperforming or are too dramatically niche to make use of. Guardian sucks rear end because of how clunky it is to use and how uncontrollable its effect is (sort of like the old Zeke's). Glacial is merely "okay" on one or two champions, and I suspect it'll be a hard one to balance between "totally useless" and "100% mandatory." I really like the concept behind Unsealed Spellbook, but the other keystones just give too much raw power in comparison to it.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Fun fact for season 8: according to Meddler, Sona and... Yorick ?? are the top performing champs on the patch. Finally Yorick's time to shine...

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a nightmare scenario.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Vermain posted:

Right now, it looks like the only major change they're making to runes for the upcoming patch on Wednesday is to knock Aery down slightly (15-40 instead of 20-60 base) and make Predator a little more appealing. I'm fine with things settling for a few patches so that they can get the data they need for adjustments, but I hope Coup, Sudden Impact, and Triumph all get looked at and knocked down a peg or two. I'm actually okay where Aftershock is right now, because it's brought back several engage supports like Nautilus and Leona in a big way.

Conversely, there's a few runes that seem to be underperforming or are too dramatically niche to make use of. Guardian sucks rear end because of how clunky it is to use and how uncontrollable its effect is (sort of like the old Zeke's). Glacial is merely "okay" on one or two champions, and I suspect it'll be a hard one to balance between "totally useless" and "100% mandatory." I really like the concept behind Unsealed Spellbook, but the other keystones just give too much raw power in comparison to it.

Either a minor range increase or a cooldown reduction on Guardian would be nice to start with.

e: I can't complain too hard because i can just go Sona/Zyra support and stomp in faces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

foutre posted:

Fun fact for season 8: according to Meddler, Sona and... Yorick ?? are the top performing champs on the patch. Finally Yorick's time to shine...