Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
vel'koz buffs :hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Akali special interactions. She's a loving angsty teen that rebelled against Dad Shen and got a sick tat. I love it.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Need

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
hmm. no good.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

pog boyfriend posted:

beach volleyball teams have 2 players. indoor has 6

seems to me like these people didnt play enough kings of the beach featuring sinjin smith and randy stoklos

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
wouldn't azir be impossible to defeat all by himself

hell, as an added bonus, he likes sand

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Verviticus posted:

wouldn't azir be impossible to defeat all by himself

hell, as an added bonus, he likes sand
true ,his blocking would definitely be terrifying to play against. him and renekton would be a powerful team with their receives and blocking, and shurima would definitely be a top tier beach volleyball team.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Speaking of which, Azir feels pretty viable bot lane. Probably not worth the effort to learn if you don't already play Azir, but viable nonetheless.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

pog boyfriend posted:

true ,his blocking would definitely be terrifying to play against. him and renekton would be a powerful team with their receives and blocking, and shurima would definitely be a top tier beach volleyball team.

if taliyah juts the ground out on the other team's side to contact the ball before they do, does it count as a point for her

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Arabian Jesus posted:

Hey, I'm in the same situation, was mid gold and dropped to the demotion zone once the meta went out of wack. I'll add you tonight if you want to play a few games

Enigma89 is me let's play, lmk what your name is.

Also I played malph for the first time top and holy poo poo I am in love. This hero feels like a dota hero, loving sweet as initiation and hits like a truck. Tell me more about him.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

Enigma89 is me let's play, lmk what your name is.

Also I played malph for the first time top and holy poo poo I am in love. This hero feels like a dota hero, loving sweet as initiation and hits like a truck. Tell me more about him.

Malphite is a middle tier top laner that itemizes well against full ad compositions. He is also built full AP by streamers looking to make clickbait one shot videos.

His power gating is that his ultimate acts both as his initiation and escape. If you're caught in lane by a gank its not uncommon to use it to escape rather than die.

Wukong has been a more meta alternative to malphite because he likes to itemize lethality, which has been strong lately.

With patch 8.14 they have nerfed conqueror, which was what has been keeping the full tanks in the top lane out of the meta.

The problem you will run into with malphite is unless you are fed you cant split push well against bruisers. As a consequence you will depend on your team to follow up on your engage rather than split. You will also get pooped on in lane by lane bullies.

If you hate wukong you can also try kennen for aoe cc initiation.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm hitting my breaking point in regards to being a loving babysitter.

I'm just so loving drained of trying to be the positive rear end in a top hat trying to keep the tilted child away from whatever excuse they need to flame/afk/int and I just want to play the game rather than deal with people's bullshit and I shouldn't have to just blanket mute my teammates to achieve that

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Asema posted:

I'm just so loving drained of trying to be the positive rear end in a top hat trying to keep the tilted child away from whatever excuse they need to flame/afk/int and I just want to play the game rather than deal with people's bullshit and I shouldn't have to just blanket mute my teammates to achieve that

blanket muting your team is the only way sadly

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/tzuMwJO.mp4

Firebert posted:

Bruiser Fizz is back

I can't believe they pushed that W change through
I wouldn't be so sure. The new W is significantly weaker than the old Bruiser Fizz W which did missing % damage. In fact the 8.14 W requires him to get 4 autos of just to match the AP ratio of the 8.13 W detonation, and even then the base damage doesn't measure up.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Asema posted:

I know that feeling, just drill into your brain some positive phrases to repeat as the regular stereotypes of a person show up to have their meltdown and try to avoid getting into any back or forth with them, I avoid muting and just try to have a thick skin about it and focus on talking short strategy on what the team needs to do.

They could just be full on living stereotypes with no unique thoughts in their head who are all around lovely people 24/7, or they could be having a bad day and unwisely picked league to unwind and are sitting on a powderkeg of rage and some rare times they might thank you for talking them off the ledge at the end and keeping them positive.

Just got to bring them kicking and screaming to the finish line and go on to the next game. :shepicide:

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 18, 2018

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6O-lcK1vk

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Asema posted:

Play other games. I hit this with dota so I play league. I hit it with league so I started playing more dota.

I just hope I dont hit the breaking point with both games.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

milkman dad posted:

Malphite is a middle tier top laner that itemizes well against full ad compositions. He is also built full AP by streamers looking to make clickbait one shot videos.

His power gating is that his ultimate acts both as his initiation and escape. If you're caught in lane by a gank its not uncommon to use it to escape rather than die.

Wukong has been a more meta alternative to malphite because he likes to itemize lethality, which has been strong lately.

With patch 8.14 they have nerfed conqueror, which was what has been keeping the full tanks in the top lane out of the meta.

The problem you will run into with malphite is unless you are fed you cant split push well against bruisers. As a consequence you will depend on your team to follow up on your engage rather than split. You will also get pooped on in lane by lane bullies.

If you hate wukong you can also try kennen for aoe cc initiation.

I wonder how malphite is vs zed because if you max armour then you really shouldn't be able to die to a zed.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

I wonder how malphite is vs zed because if you max armour then you really shouldn't be able to die to a zed.

Malphite is generally never played midlane, where Zed is typically played. It depends on the enemy composition, really. If they are a full ad composition then yeah it can he an ok pick.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

Generally Malphite has a rough time, Zed isn't at all a threat to Malphite personally but he's too slippery for you to peel him so unless you land a one-in-a-million ult he just maneuvers around you and kills everyone else. Best you can hope for is making an initiation on the rest of his team so nobody can follow up on his play and he gets focused fast enough.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Enigma89 posted:

The funnier answer here is Naut, who is in a bad place generally but it’s very satisfying to have Talon or Zed blink onto you then just bonk them on the head, pop a shield, and waddle away.

To be clear, you should not be taking Naut mid in any serious game.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Naut mid used to actually savage Talon in lane. Sadly, Naut is so weak now after several years of nerfs that I don't think he's playable anywhere.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

double dorans ring nautilus mid was a real thing that was legit as gently caress but his wave clear getting smashed sort of got rid of that.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I saw an Alistar mid solo kill a Zed at L2 recently. That seems like it would be embarrassing.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:holymoley:

I wonder if movespeed Jhin is even remotely viable outside of URF...

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
No, please do not give Mikujin inspiration to ruin another week of normal draft games, please

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 18, 2018

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Servaetes posted:

No, please do not give Mikujin inspiration to ruin another week of normal draft games, please
I only played it like twice and it was during Urf.

I'm not a madman.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Support Vi update: still pretty okay. My Lucian was loving insane, but we had eachother's backs so well that we dumpstered what I thought would be a pretty tough lane. He ended 9/0/8 or something ridiculous.

The part I like about solo queue the most really is how wildly different every game is. The games where you feed or your team flames eachother or you have a braindead jungler provide the necessary contrast to the games where your team just gels and you all pop off, or when you all work together to come back after a tough start, or even the bittersweet moments where you shove the game back from the brink of disaster and still end up losing. Once you learn to take losses in stride and simply work towards self-improvement, you can really appreciate the experience of climbing a whole lot more, I think.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
New Akali looks really fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4P_bd2teCY

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

OH, WOW! IT IS THIS INCREDIBLE DUDE AGAIN WITH HIS AMAZING VIDEO TITLES, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

Asema posted:

This starts to disappear generally around mid-gold, though it can happen any game.

Very frequently given advice is to us "/ignore all" because then you are just playing 1v9 with the exception of communication pings.

Regardless, the best way I have enjoyed the game this past season is picking up a role that farms minions. In prior seasons I only played jungle or support. I played them so much that I figured I would be bad at cs for my elo and I may as well stick with those roles.

Turns out I was way off base! My cs is generally in the 7-8 range. LCS players are usually around 10. I have spent time practicing cs in the training tool.

What helps is I'm playing miss fortune so my trade pattern is really straightforward-- either try to hit them with the double-up on a minion (free damage) or hit them with an auto plus double up (generally out trades execpt maybe draven who is forced to eat the free double up to catch axes if he's bad).

Because the trade pattern is so simple I can focus on trying to get cs. Eventually this pattern means the enemy bot laner is forced under tower and loses their cs to tower fire.

So that's my advice. Get better at last hitting and wave management. learn the pattern of cannon minion spawns. Cannon minion waves are the best to back during because you have more time to get back from base. Whenever you are up ~12 cs in lane and the lane has reset remind yourself that's basically a kills worth of cs.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I really enjoy Jungle and while I wish I could just Meteos style farm it up, it'll just make the babysitting worse.

Asema fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jul 19, 2018

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
The best way to enjoy ranked is to not care about your rank or your win / loss and just try to meet your own personal criteria for playing well.

and to make sick dunks on people and poo poo

e: and play vel'koz :hellyeah:

Sexpansion fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Jul 19, 2018

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Sexpansion posted:

e: and play vel'koz :hellyeah:

This is the answer to most problems in League.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mierenneuker posted:

OH, WOW! IT IS THIS INCREDIBLE DUDE AGAIN WITH HIS AMAZING VIDEO TITLES, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

Youtube's algorithm encourages you to make sensationalist headlines in order to attract more views to make a living, sky blue, water wet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I know, but it is so dumb I am going to point it out every single time it shows up. THE SECRET TO SUCCESS! SO loving SILLY BUT IT WORKS?! HOLY MOLY

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ONE-SHOT SORAKA????? THIS IS BANANAS!!!!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

*cherry picking 50 games at 35% win loss ratio to find the one where he gets very fed* WOW insane new OVERPOWERED ONE SHOT BUILD??! NEW AKALI OP!! RIOT BETTER FIX THIS!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

pog boyfriend posted:

*cherry picking 50 games at 35% win loss ratio to find the one where he gets very fed* WOW insane new OVERPOWERED ONE SHOT BUILD??! NEW AKALI OP!! RIOT BETTER FIX THIS!!

This is me tho when I try to spread the good word about electrocute nashors tooth bard