Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
My roommate struggled with that clickbait kind of thing for a long time. Eventually he gave in and started to participate because you just won't get the same kind of clicks. Yeah it's cringe if you're an adult, but these things aren't marketed to goons, who by and large are either older teenagers or people in their 20s/30s. It's so saturated that clickbaiting like that usually just means that the content creator knows how the game works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

My roommate struggled with that clickbait kind of thing for a long time. Eventually he gave in and started to participate because you just won't get the same kind of clicks. Yeah it's cringe if you're an adult, but these things aren't marketed to goons, who by and large are either older teenagers or people in their 20s/30s. It's so saturated that clickbaiting like that usually just means that the content creator knows how the game works.

Youtube's algorithms are some bizarre space alien poo poo that force content creators to appease them like you would a Lovecraftian god. This article on disturbing kids' videos on YouTube is a good read for how strange the whole landscape has become and how increasingly disconnected it is from its intended purpose.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Vermain posted:

Youtube's algorithms are some bizarre space alien poo poo that force content creators to appease them like you would a Lovecraftian god. This article on disturbing kids' videos on YouTube is a good read for how strange the whole landscape has become and how increasingly disconnected it is from its intended purpose.
Tagging on to that, I know people who had legitimately good youtube careers for years and stopped getting views because when Pewdiepie exploded YouTube was like "We want that. All of that" so everyone had to have the same types of thumbnails and over-reaction stuff that he was doing to appease YouTube to have their content featured on the front page. It's all become it's own weird dystopian future now where the only thing that matters is Logan Paul or Connan O'Brian, your subscription feed sometimes doesn't even show new videos anymore, and the only people getting featured are the people who kiss enough rear end at YouTube instead of the oldschool style of "If you make a good video it trends upwards, and people will watch you"

Man, the Pork and Beans video by Weezer really was the end of an era.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Asema posted:

I'm hitting my breaking point in regards to being a loving babysitter.

I'm just so loving drained of trying to be the positive rear end in a top hat trying to keep the tilted child away from whatever excuse they need to flame/afk/int and I just want to play the game rather than deal with people's bullshit and I shouldn't have to just blanket mute my teammates to achieve that

that's correct, you shouldn't have to. but there's little-to-no repercussions from riot for throwing a fit and regularly ruining the game for 4 other people so the options really are mute everyone, play with 4 friends, or find a new game

this isn't fair, but they don't want to shut off the money firehose so it's not going to change

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Really wish SRO went back to commentating games in high diamond and master and the like. Endlessly stomping a guy as nasus or whatever gets old when you realise he's playing in like silver 2 levelling his accounts and the guy he's playing against doesn't even know what the champ you're playing does.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
i really wish sro went back to falling off a bridge never to be seen again

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mierenneuker posted:

OH, WOW! IT IS THIS INCREDIBLE DUDE AGAIN WITH HIS AMAZING VIDEO TITLES, YOU WON'T BELIEVE IT!

On the bright side his thumbnails stopped showing his face acting surprised to his own video ideas.

Vermain posted:

Man this is like a procgen nightmare bleeding into the real world.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Jul 21, 2018

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Verviticus posted:

i really wish sro went back to falling off a bridge never to be seen again

Yeah, same

Apparently the rear end in a top hat that ruined Udyr as a champion for like six years Trick2G doesnt play a league as much as he used to because people are tired of watching him on a smurf account destroying silver players. Now if only people would turn on the super toxic Draven thumb guy and stop taking Hashinshin serious at all the world would be a better place

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

gently caress Hashashin

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What did Trick2G do to ruin Udyr?

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Nothing, his play style is perfect for diva solo carry players who are some of the worst teammates regardless of how many games they carry

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

He largely popularized the style of Udyr play where you do nothing but run around the map taking every single resource you can while trying your best to frustrate the enemy team. It's like a Singed that can actually stand and fight people. It's entertaining for spectators to watch, especially when combined with Trick's personality, but it's loving miserable to play with due to him soaking up everything and making ridiculously ill-advised showboating plays that could cost his team the game.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

As an Udyr player, y'all salty. Objectives are important, and watching two people trip over themselves to chase you down and fail is hilarious

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Feeble propaganda. Nobody denies that the strat is ineffective; the problem is that the playstyle attracts players who don’t want to play league as a pvp game and stereotypically those players espouse more vile poo poo, especially after watching the lord godyr do it

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Who should I watch if I want to be a better support?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Aphromoo's pretty good and streams a decent amount. Unfortunately, there's not a lot who actually stream that much. If you've got specific questions/concerns, I think like 9/10ths of this thread is support mains, so we could probably help you out.

What I usually do, especially if I'm trying to learn about a new pick, is go to Probuilds and search for games by top-end Korean supports, then go to their op.gg's. They usually have replays recorded that you can download and watch in the League client. Not quite as good as someone telling you what they're doing and why, but it can give you a good idea about what to build, how to play the lane out, and what to do post-laning phase.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

The Shortest Path posted:

here is the thing: trick2g, at prime, loving sucked. my experience with him was awful, and the few times out of morbid curiosity i watched his stream it was also awful. if trick2g, at prime, is bad at league of legends... and his playstyle at a mid platinum level gets copied by low silver players ..? there are much better ways to play udyr, and the way he plays udyr not only tilts your team but is also not the most effective way to carry a game so there is no reason to play it. trick2g still plays this way since it used to be good and he basically branded himself with that "my way" thing forcing him into a box as the udyr who ignores his team and does objectives then runs away

E: remember when trick2g posted that boots first nunu build. i choose to remember that trick2g instead of his loud moronic rear end vaping into his webcam and screaming stuff in a high pitched voice that is clipping the audio

pog boyfriend fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jul 21, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
take every person thats ever watched more than 8 sconds of trick2g and split them down the middle with a saw

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

Verviticus posted:

take every person thats ever watched more than 8 sconds of trick2g and split them down the middle with a saw

Hold up. Gotta stop you there verv. This video is a league masterpiece

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu68WrOI770

I hate t2g players and 99% of his content, but lmao this video is so loving legendary

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I hate t2g players and 99% of his content, but lmao this video is so loving legendary

I completely lost my poo poo at the bit where he flashed the wall to get to red buff quicker and then waited five seconds for ult+smite anyway. Also the part where he slowly slapped voli to death

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

fine, any more than 9:39 of his content

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Thank you for your support

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
If you don’t call your boots Nike’s then you have no culture

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

If you don’t call your boots Jordans then you have no culture

ftfy

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Elentor posted:

On the bright side his thumbnails stopped showing his face acting surprised to his own video ideas.

He went down the clickbait rabbit hole and then took a step back? Pfff, what a pussy.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Domestic abuse jokes are hillarious amirite

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
the video was done five years ago

trick2g sucks regardless

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Dancer posted:

Domestic abuse jokes are hillarious amirite

i didnt actually watch the entire thing and listen to his jokes do you take me for some kind of pervert

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

TVsVeryOwn posted:

MeNoHaxor is probably the best, but doesn't post that often. Lohpally is also solid, although saltier and his unranked to challenger series is less good. His landing guides are solid.

Aphromoo is good as well, but less focused on teaching you how to support v entertaining. He is really, really good though.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

I've been watching SRO's videos a bit since he was posted in this thread a few times, and even though he's just beating up Gold/Plat players as a Diamond/Challenger level player in most of them he still goes through and explains why and how he's able to do so which I find helpful - especially as a support/bot player that doesn't have much experience on either side of playing as/against top lane champs and knowing how to outplay some of them when the tele in at 10min is a good thing to know.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

It's why I'm annoyed the youtube account that was streaming scarras twitch stream as self contained youtubes stopped (due to legal action by whoever was managing scarra at the time, gently caress knows), because he played his best every game and always said what he was doing and why, which made it informative and entertaining without it being "WOAH WATCH ME GO 12/0 AGAINST THIS BRONZE 4 PLAYER AS AKALI!!!"

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfg4HgASil8

Got my first penta :toot:

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

VodeAndreas posted:

I've been watching SRO's videos a bit since he was posted in this thread a few times, and even though he's just beating up Gold/Plat players as a Diamond/Challenger level player in most of them he still goes through and explains why and how he's able to do so which I find helpful - especially as a support/bot player that doesn't have much experience on either side of playing as/against top lane champs and knowing how to outplay some of them when the tele in at 10min is a good thing to know.

This is why I watch SRO personally. I know he’s not that amazing, he’s not playing at his level. But when he does that, he can’t really spare the concentration to explain things, so I don’t blame him. Who else should I watch for top tips? Also jungle, I’ve recebtly been getting into that a bit and it is confusing.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

grats on your first penta being a pure and good one

edit: oops, dunno why i though it was up earlier

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Soraka has to be the most frightening enemy support, because 9 times out of 10 your adc will never deviate from their item build path to fit in a executioners for 800g.

Enemy team consists of soraka, mundo, swain, trundle and a draven stacking lifesteal items? you better bet nobody on your team will build a executioners or morello before 30 minutes.

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011
800g is a lot.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Vonnie posted:

800g is a lot.

800g is actually a fair amount. if you are poor. its called getting a kill on the loving zed who keeps running top and killing your piece of poo poo teemo who refuses to buy armour because he needs to stack AS and taking a sweet 500 gold bounty... why are the bounties so high

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

High bounties are good, killer getting all the gold is good. Comeback mechanics are 👍

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Soraka has to be the most frightening enemy support, because 9 times out of 10 your adc will never deviate from their item build path to fit in a executioners for 800g.

Enemy team consists of soraka, mundo, swain, trundle and a draven stacking lifesteal items? you better bet nobody on your team will build a executioners or morello before 30 minutes.

maybe it is you who should be buying the morellonomicon and executioners