Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

How Rude posted:

It's Janna

I hadn't backed in 7 minutes while racking up coin assists and had just enough money to purchase a triforce so I obliged the Triforce rule.

I'm glad your story had a happy ending keeby. Good job

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

Addamere posted:

Should make a champion that's just Swain's missing hand, give it unique spell interactions with Swain like Rakan and Xayah have

Can it be a Jungler so that I can type "thank you, Thing" into chat every time they successfully gank for me and have nobody get the reference at all

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

At what point is it possible to convince your team to buy Ninja Tabi when literally the entire enemy team is AD... Gold? Plat? Challenger?

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tell everyone in champ select that there’s 4AD and meme it up like

Wow such 4 ad!!!
Ninja tabi Kreygasm

People will think you are the funny and follow your lead

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

VodeAndreas posted:

At what point is it possible to convince your team to buy Ninja Tabi when literally the entire enemy team is AD... Gold? Plat? Challenger?

Ninja tabi actually isn't going to be doing much good unless the character has health to back it up, 10% less damage from autos sounds big, but if you only got <2000 hp or the majority of the damage is coming from spells like corki, kog, talon, pantheon, zed, ect, your casters would be better off getting their sorc boots.

It's great on tanks however when they have the health pool to make auto attacks the fastest way to take them down because everyone else has to wait for their spells to come off cooldown for several rotations to bring them down otherwise.

tldr: Please stop building tabi on long ranged squishies like Xerath or Lux when Zed is popping you, get a hourglass instead.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Ninja tabi actually isn't going to be doing much good unless the character has health to back it up, 10% less damage from autos sounds big, but if you only got <2000 hp or the majority of the damage is coming from spells like corki, kog, talon, pantheon, zed, ect, your casters would be better off getting their sorc boots.

It's great on tanks however when they have the health pool to make auto attacks the fastest way to take them down because everyone else has to wait for their spells to come off cooldown for several rotations to bring them down otherwise.

tldr: Please stop building tabi on long ranged squishies like Xerath or Lux when Zed is popping you, get a hourglass instead.

Yeah if they're an assassin or mf with lethality the tabi won't save you, but the armour can be significant in itself this patch even if the rest of your build is full damage.

Most mages i play use Liandries and Rylais which skews my opinion a bit... And yeah hourglass would be better on some - just any source of armour

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

25 armor's nothing to sneeze at, especially if your early build path makes picking up additional armor challenging and you need to survive against champs like Zed.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
25 armor negates 2 3k gold lethality items it's "pretty good"

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I k ow ninja tabi is good but swifty boot always tempt me

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

How's Illinois these days

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

gowb posted:

How's Illinois these days

Not as nice as Virginia

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is jungle Karthus a thing that can be done or am I just seeing weird things?

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Addamere posted:

It's always been viable [if you can position for Q properly]. The issue that he often has is that enemy junglers who know your route and how to time it, and who can counter-jungle/invade you (i.e. Lee Sin, Udyr, Nunu) will really, really put the hurt on you because you are made of tissue paper and have a crippling dependency on blue buff for your first clear.

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Addamere posted:

The way the jungle shakes out right now, you pretty much CAN jungle anything. Karthus has no real way to set up solid ganks, however, so while it likely COULD be done, it probably shouldn't.

I mean, he has a slow and the potential to hit hard, but he's also tissue paper and absolutely has to have blue buff and can't really duel at level 1/2, so any half decent jungler will just gank him as he waddles towards wolves and end his ability to do anything at all.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

TheAnomaly posted:

The way the jungle shakes out right now, you pretty much CAN jungle anything. Karthus has no real way to set up solid ganks, however, so while it likely COULD be done, it probably shouldn't.

I mean, he has a slow and the potential to hit hard, but he's also tissue paper and absolutely has to have blue buff and can't really duel at level 1/2, so any half decent jungler will just gank him as he waddles towards wolves and end his ability to do anything at all.
Karthus wall is great for ganks. It's wide, has a long cast range, and 40% base slow w/ 15% MR shred. He also clears relatively quickly.

His biggest issue is the same as it's always been: he must start at blue to clear. He cannot duel effectively early (at 4+ he duels alright, if only because he will often go 1-for-1 thanks to his passive), and - more to the point - because he is squishy early if your allies don't have follow-up CC in ganks after your W, smart enemy players (which is most certainly not all of them) can simply turn their ire directly to Karthus and kill him to at worst go 1 for 1.

In addition to the necessity for blue on first clear, Karthus also jungles from blue side poorer than red side, just because the ADC/Support assist on red side blue clear is often stronger than the top laner assist (especially in relic meta, where the support will often take a couple smacks for you).

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Is it just me or is Eve just amazing to play? If you take advantage of how your passive heal works, you can be pretty much full hp on your level 3 gank at top or mid. Or just keep trucking by getting river Harolds and rock dudes if there's nothing available.

Once you have your Protobelt and finished jungle item, you can practically one shot people with electrocute.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i convinced a good friend to start playing this idiot moron game today, how bad should i feel about that

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Good? League is good, hopefully you and your friend have a nice time playing games together

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i convinced a good friend to start playing this idiot moron game today, how bad should i feel about that

1-800-273-8255

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

Methanar posted:

Not as nice as Virginia

Sorry I meant illaoi. But the answer is tha she can build a lot of cdr and take klepto and is pretty good.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
League is trash etc but plays.tv keeps not recording my games so I can't even show the 10% of my games where I do good things

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

This is why you take presence of mind on Taric btw. https://m.twitch.tv/videos/221062240?t=01h19m12s

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Let's get those River Harolds boys.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

This is why you take presence of mind on Taric btw. https://m.twitch.tv/videos/221062240?t=01h19m12s

it brings me comfort to be a retired, gentle giant marksman wizard who gently trundles through normal draft in the future
trundling through my games is all I do anymore
to simultaneously play every role better than probably anyone in the game i queued up with, but content to farm the same 90 creeps in 10 minutes i've farmed for 7 seasons
i have the most fun that way
it is just satisfying on a base level to efficiently scale and then wield my power in terrible displays of overconfidence and aggression
in complete silence
it is my greatest desire to say not a single word and recieve 4 honors for going 12 and 2 every game in a 15 kill game
you dont have to play a lot to have fun
i enjoy league way more after i stopped caring about ranked
Today
im glad i grinded it though
because now i'm capital G good
and i just have this mastery over every game
where even when i lose, i could care less
i enjoy buying items, and watching other people get unhappy getting mad at video games
talking people off the friend of the family cliff is super enjoyable
you search for that shen's humanity after he calls his yi jungle a human being
calm rising tensions
quietly make excellent call after excellent call
you have to be able to appreciate when the enemy team has made several good plays and they will probably win
because you want the enemy to be impressed when you play well
it is merely respect

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thanks ee cummings

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I still mean every word

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Leona is still just as fun and good as I remember, and now with even more wacky support items she can use well.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think the game is probably always a little bit better when leona is viable

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

rabidsquid posted:

i think the game is probably always a little bit better when Lee Sin is viable

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

i think the game is probably always a little bit better when Zed is viable

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i never want to play with a leona as long as i live but sign me the gently caress up for dorans support fiora

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
I need a new video game now that I have a new pc. How hard is this to pick up if the last moba I played (and loved way too much) was the original wc3 dota. What does the grind look like. Are there any reputable sites to buy accounts from.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I started playing about 5 months ago and I had no issues with the grind then and it's better now.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Yeah you can buy an account but if it was leveled with bots there's a chance it will get banned. I bought one a few years ago for about 16 dollars and it was never banned. That's for a level 30 account with around 20k blue essence. You can probably find better deals for people's used accounts but you run the risk of them complaining to riot and saying they were hacked.

The games not hard to pick up but if you need help a lot of people here played dota or dota 2.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home. Of the free champions, I think I like the look of Kindred the most. Any pointers.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Nightgull posted:

Thanks. I'll give it a try when I get home. Of the free champions, I think I like the look of Kindred the most. Any pointers.

If you want to play Kindred, stick with her for a while. She's tough and requires a lot of macro and micro game sense

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Kindred is basically a feast or famine jungle carry. If you get marks into people and get your jungle camps off, she's very strong. Otherwise not so much.

You don't really know all of the characters yet but she's mostly good if your laners are stronger than the enemies so you can have them come help you.

She's not particularly beginner friendly or good right now.

Some good junglers to learn are amumu, Warwick, Shyvana, Graves, Sejuani. Two of those are free this week.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

If you want to get into jungling I'd definitely say focus on Amumu, Warwick and Sejuani right now. Amumu and Warwick are basically never bad and Sej is close to if not top tier of the jungle meta at the moment.

Also after seeing it in some pro games over the weekend I tried building Tear on Taric and holy poo poo does that make his mana issues way easier to work with. Spending an extra 750G on it feels odd before starting on an actual first item but the extra fight sustain without worrying about mana is worth it.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jan 22, 2018

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

or a fucking nazi
Doing some reading right now. Jungling is a dedicated role like carry or support. That's pretty neat. I'm not sure what guide to use. The kotaku one I'm reading is from 2015. Does anyone have a more relevant guide, though I'm not sure many things have changed. Turns out I have an account from a long time ago, when a few friends and I tried the game at a gaming place. I wonder what I've got (probably nothing). I think I played amumu and had no idea what was happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

The game has changed a lot since 2015, I think 2016 season was when the jungle specifically got a bunch of changes. Elemental drakes, the Rift Herald, new runes, quite a lot of new stuff really.