Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Looks really cool and I can't wait. Is it live in the patch 2 weeks from now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Looks really cool and I can't wait. Is it live in the patch 2 weeks from now?
It will prob hit PBE in the next week and stay there for around a month and a half

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Time to get old swain games in.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
yeah i dont know who the retards are the say "keep his ugly stiff walk animation!!"

it should be on PBE tomorrow

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I dunno why but he looks really weird with long hair. I'd have figured he had just that little diamond shape going on, because now he kinda looks like marquis Vlad. That being said I won't miss the bright rear end gold and green robe. Or his purple cornrows mohawk. Or the surgical mask. Will still use Tyrant but Soviet looks great too

Looks like fun though, cant wait to try him out

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

8.2 patch notes. Looks like they implemented targeted spell minion aggro, which is a pretty huge change. Vayne got dumpstered, and I hope she promptly vanishes from the meta again. Ez's 1-3 should be a lot less oppressive.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Vermain posted:

[url=http://www.surrenderat20.net/2018/01/patch-82-notes.html#more]8.2 Looks like they implemented targeted spell minion aggro

this is a pretty big change for laning

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
That's going to really gently caress Pantheon up, but I guess he just ducks and moves into brush a lot like Teemo might. That's gonna suck for Annie and Malzahar in mid and it's gonna hurt a lot more for others I can't think of offhand

Servaetes fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jan 23, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just fight your battles with honor in the middle of the lane like god intended

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Servaetes posted:

That's going to really gently caress Pantheon up, but I guess he just ducks and moves into brush a lot like Teemo might. That's gonna suck for Annie and Malzahar in mid and it's gonna hurt a lot more I can't think of offhand

It makes things a little fairer in botlane, since now both Lulu and Janna will eat aggro when they use their main targeted harass tools. I think the biggest loser overall is Kassadin, because his bad early game now got even worse.

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

Riot posted:

Ashe's E - Hawkshot no longer procs spell shields when flying through champions out of Ashe's self-vision

too good

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Those new MF splashes are so much worse, holy poo poo

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JerryLee posted:

Those new MF splashes are so much worse, holy poo poo
I applaud the riot artists for somehow managing underboob and buttcrack in the same Road Warrior splash that isn't even that revealing of a skin in game

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Have yall seen her base skin splash?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

sivir is unplayable now. so much for supporting diversity in adc pics, riot.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

pog boyfriend posted:

sivir is unplayable now. so much for supporting diversity in adc pics, riot.

Good.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Swain's voiceover. Pretty cool-looking dude overall. I like how good his Bilgewater and Tyrant skins look now, especially.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
targetted spell minion aggro is good because I'm tired of being discriminated against when I auto attack people as anivia when they can trade back without being targetted.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Servaetes posted:

I dunno why but he looks really weird with long hair. I'd have figured he had just that little diamond shape going on, because now he kinda looks like marquis Vlad. That being said I won't miss the bright rear end gold and green robe. Or his purple cornrows mohawk. Or the surgical mask. Will still use Tyrant but Soviet looks great too

Looks like fun though, cant wait to try him out
He's biting Vlad's aesthetic real hard and he doesn't even turn into a bird anymore. Unacceptable.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

targetted spell minion aggro is good because I'm tired of being discriminated against when I auto attack people as anivia when they can trade back without being targetted.

I have recently picked up Anivia and she is lots of fun once you get the hang of her horrible auto attack animation.

Do you have any advice or links to plays or tutorials? I'm not going to main her, but I'll at least play her to Mastery 7.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Addamere posted:

I have recently picked up Anivia and she is lots of fun once you get the hang of her horrible auto attack animation.

Do you have any advice or links to plays or tutorials? I'm not going to main her, but I'll at least play her to Mastery 7.

Play her for 8 years

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

So about a week or so in I've decided I really like playing Irelia.

Then I discover shes coming up for a rework. Still going to keep playing but I hope they keep the whole "zoom zoom gently caress you zoom zoom" aspect its fun flying around like some ADHD gnat.

Also is there some kind of match making system beyond 'levels' below 30? Most of my games so far have been pretty straight forward, just played one that was a completely different level - for a start it lasted 48 minutes, a trillion pings flying off, people actually knew when to do stuff like Baron & Dragon's (or at least to my unknowing mind seemed to know) and while it might just be a couple of guys smurfing on my team, the other team were equally good - everyone was roughly in the same level range though.

Cast_No_Shadow fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 23, 2018

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Methanar posted:

Play her for 8 years

You really should settle down with the girl instead of playing her if she's been loyal for that long my dude :(

The gently caress is your avatar :magical:

Addamere fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Jan 23, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mikujin posted:

This is actually just Illaoi at all ranks. Some champs can handle her shove better than others, and some can even fight her, but the universal truth for all of these cases is that "Dodge her E" is a mandatory requirement for coming out ahead/being able to duel her.

ehhh, as jax if im stacked up i can just jump right on her face and punch it in

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
There, for grace, I go...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

So about a week or so in I've decided I really like playing Irelia.

Then I discover shes coming up for a rework. Still going to keep playing but I hope they keep the whole "zoom zoom gently caress you zoom zoom" aspect its fun flying around like some ADHD gnat.

Don't worry, like Xin Zhao they will keep the parts people like about her (her q and resets and her e), and actually make her ult, w and passive interesting. A challenger Irelia one-trick has been working with Riot devs doing the rework and he's pretty excited.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
god that targeted aggro thing is such a stupid loving change

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Verviticus posted:

god that targeted aggro thing is such a stupid loving change

Pantheon and Cassiopeia fulfilled their duties as lane bullies, so we're removing their ability to bully lanes and also completely reworking every targeted ability in the game, because

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

its gonna make jax an even stronger laner which is kinda funny

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

okay riot, we get it, you hate targeted abilities.

Luna Was Here posted:

Pantheon and Cassiopeia fulfilled their duties as lane bullies, so we're removing their ability to bully lanes and also completely reworking every targeted ability in the game, because

riot decided systematically removing targeted abilities from champions every rework was not fast enough so they decided to start nerfing the concept of targeted abilities

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
I have no problem with the change because it really makes intuitive sense.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I think Scarra put it best: it's probably good for the long-term balancing health of the game, but it's going to be a short-term balancing nightmare.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Which one of you is Beatrice again?

*pulls out cane for dance*

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Ezreal was just gutted with the double hit to pre 7 and klepto being rear end now

Thank god, maybe they can just remove klepto and buff his stats again

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Alternatively gently caress Ezreal and Ezreal players. Sightstone changes gonna be a huge boost to tank supports though, can spend that early 800G on getting my tank stats (or Tear if I'm playing Taric) way earlier without having to worry about a lack of damage.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Sexpansion posted:

I have no problem with the change because it really makes intuitive sense.

it makes as much sense as every spell generating aggro. its completely arbitrary where they choose to cut it off and the only settings that are maximum intuitive are "all damage generates creep and tower aggro" (the best choice) and "nothing generates creep aggro" which is worse because towers exist too

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Ezreal was just gutted with the double hit to pre 7 and klepto being rear end now

Thank god, maybe they can just remove klepto and buff his stats again

its amazing how they somehow dont understand "nerfed [champion] because [rune/mastery]" and "nerfed [rune/mastery]" don't need to be included together in the same loving patch

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Is this change part of a larger targeted campaign against targeted abilities? As in there used to be more? I always thought league was the skillshot game (after smite).

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nightgull posted:

Is this change part of a larger targeted campaign against targeted abilities? As in there used to be more? I always thought league was the skillshot game (after smite).

There used to be way more point-and-click abilities; for example, prior to his rework Warwick was often maligned as a brain-dead useless no-skill champion for losers who smell bad because his ultimate was a targeted ability.

Now he is all that, but his ultimate can miss because it is a skillshot.

Back in ages long past, skillshots were relatively rare and design was predicated on people missing most of them. This meant their damage numbers were higher, their cooldowns were shorter, and their resource costs were lower. I did not play at the time, but I recall seeing words in this thread a while back about release Ezreal having bonkers numbers under the logic that he would only hit 1 out of every 4 abilities and their logic was that to make him viable in a game filled with targeted abilities he had to be able to spam them so those 1-in-4 Q's he managed to land would be on par with like 3 of anyone else's Q's landing.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jan 24, 2018

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

basically every champion used to have them and they keep reworking them out of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

sightstone changes going to be huge for any mid who wanted fqc, ghosties being replaced with wards is probably stronger. Also an upgrade for tops with coin or spellthiefs.

probably STILL getting relic shield on adcs because halved healing is still good when you consider, yet again, wards.