Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I've tried him and he's pretty much the same Yorick up until you reach a tower at which point it's taken from 100-0 in a few seconds from ghouls, ult, sheen shovels, and especially demolish.

I think there's a place for that rune but right now it feels as strong as a keystone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I imagine just having that small amount of extra range has to be really helpful for landing Q->Power Chords

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think they should give champions back some MR they don't need to dip into Resolve to get and see how much of an effect it has before trying to directly address the Zoe Issue. But who am I kidding, they're gonna :riot: and do both at the same time.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I think that's Minion Dematerializer's problem really, it's merely potentially handy on a tree filled with really strong runes. Even on the same branch you've got the debt rune and the free faster boots rune.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Klepto doesn't just give you gold but also potentially consumables that can provide incremental advantages to help you win lane. When it's readied it also extends your autoattack range by 25, which is great on Draven who can slap a squishy once for a big chunk of their health.

The RNG involved in the items you get can end up not paying off in terms of lane presence but the extended range is handy, if not quite as strong on its own as keystones like Press the Attack. I can see it "working" but I don't think it's as consistent as other keystones and in the process of investing in Inspiration as a primary tree you're passing up minor rune slots he likes in Precision, Sorcery, and Domination.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

jarvan skin where he has a cartoon vaudeville hook and drops barber poles

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

moush posted:

The point of botlane is to have someone who can safely farm and scale. Running 2 supports doesn't not seem like a recipe for success.

Running anti-carry kill or pressure lanes bot to take a carry out of the game has been a thing before (including as one of the few times Oldgot saw a use, briefly). It's not something you can do mindlessly without planning and trust though, and there's always the factor of "I could have picked Draven or MF and bullied just as hard".

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

cant believe my two gay sons are a devilman...

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

i am not talking about obviously terrible gimmick builds, if you see someone who plays a champion that is suboptimal you never ban it, there is a very reasonable chance they pick these things because they are familiar with them. when the guy said he is banning teemo top because pantheon counters teemo, that is bastard poo poo. you can make the same argument for like, anything that is not in the top 3 winrate percentage for the role.

E: for real, how would you guys that pick stuff like yorick or morgana mid feel if some guy banned your pick and said "play sion or voli top and ahri or fizz mid"

can't believe my team isn't quinn it to win it...

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

I've tried Support Annie and every game where we didn't win the level 6 all-in then used Tibbers to take first turret or dragon resulted in a loss. I have a feeling that being able to use the bear after its been summoned is probably the only way to make the pick work at all, it felt very "win-more".

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Teikanmi posted:

The Kaisa design isn't even THAT sexualized. People are retarded. Oh god no not a deep neckline, I can see 10% of her inner boob area during the game loading.

the void titty defender has logged in

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Servaetes posted:

Champ looks good but what the hell makes him a support

if they dead they controlled

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

nasus can't do much by himself against bullies but he's easy to gank for, especially in a high-damage jungler, because of wither, so even with a good counter you'll want to make sure you're controlling the lane properly so you don't end up too far into his side of the river.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Riot seems to realize shields are too strong, so every other rework and new champ is going to come with something in their kit that is anti-shield, first irelia, now aatrox.

Sorta like how they started throwing "grounding" around for a bit.

Don't forget Urgot and Pyke, who can both execute through shields.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

can't believe what they've done for aatrox's loading screen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRmzkAT3bLI

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

It's sad, before the rework it was like they finally landed on a version of his old kit that felt...usable, if not ideal.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

I wonder how malphite is vs zed because if you max armour then you really shouldn't be able to die to a zed.

Generally Malphite has a rough time, Zed isn't at all a threat to Malphite personally but he's too slippery for you to peel him so unless you land a one-in-a-million ult he just maneuvers around you and kills everyone else. Best you can hope for is making an initiation on the rest of his team so nobody can follow up on his play and he gets focused fast enough.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ONE-SHOT SORAKA????? THIS IS BANANAS!!!!

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Enigma89 posted:

I need to expand my hero pool.

I currently play the following heroes well:

Vlad
Brand
Karthus
Lux
Morgana

I am very strong mechanically. Looking to play someone who can take over the game and 1vs9. I do not like Katarina as the RNG with her dagger is somewhat annoying. In general not a fan of melee heroes.

Even if you decide not to pick the role up as a main it's a good idea to learn some junglers as in this game some of the hardest carrying comes just from being in the right place at the right time, which the jungle can teach.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

it's gonna be a fizz-level "rework" where they just make cage into a skillshit

E: leaving in good typo

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

most things are pretty much the same but i've noticed an upwards trend of positive reinforcement at least, more "gj"s and such

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Miss Fortune spills into the Quest Log with the same tenacity that she spills into her silk blouse - both taxed to contain her

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

the only thing i miss about dota 2 was stacking up huge minefields with techies and getting the carries to bait gankers into them, apparently you can't really do that anymore

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

i miss old poppy when you could build crit+mpen and ult bonk fools for a billion magic damage as payoff for surviving one of the worst laning phases in the game

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

well there's the problem right there, they hired gamers

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Endorph posted:

And like I said they made a big public show of moving away from those kinds of designs so wouldn't they have hired women to help them move away from those designs, by that logic? They clearly didn't. And again like I said, plenty of companies that aren't 'financially rewarded for objectifying women' have these issues, and plenty of companies that are don't.

It could be argued they're kinda having their cake and eating it too, though...while newer designs are indeed more unique and interesting, many skins continue to sexualize champions, sometimes in ways that are wildly out of character, and that's where they make the money. Wanna see the fencer in a bikini? Pay up.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Oh yeah, there are a poo poo ton of Nick Robinsons out there for sure.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I think Sony trying this and failing miserably has dissuaded others from wanting to try it.

Someone said they might be working on a fighter but I think the market is just too saturated. Plus, I can't imagine people who play League, the "casual" MOBA, would be interested in playing what is essentially the most frustrating, competitive, and execution-based genre. I know a ton of people heavy into fighting games and not one of them play League, and I know a ton of people who play League who would never play a fighting game.

Wouldn't this be ideal then, actually? Riot don't wanna compete with itself, it could have two separate audiences going.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

njsykora posted:

Nothing makes a game more accessible than presenting a giant list of 100+ possible characters to new players.

They wouldn't have to be introduced immediately. It could use the current newbie rotation system for a while then unlock everything after a level threshold or quest series.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

panda clue posted:

is this game still bad?

the wise man bowed his head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero good video games. you imbecile. you loving moron"

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

he has a low-cooldown aurelion sol initiation that trades flying for being able to turn, he's good now

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Nu Nunu Knew

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Dancer posted:

It's about momentum dude. It's Xin's fault, he hosed it all up.

ez game, ez life

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

he1ixx posted:

I was playing the game with someone in the room with me

depending on what their normal MMR is this might be what's getting you in a situation where you're being stomped. if you're playing with someone more skilled than you matchmaking will tend to drag you up to their rating more often than it pulls them down to yours when deciding who to pit you against, especially when you're just starting out and the pool of equally unskilled players is smaller.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Also the build path for Rabadon's is incredibly awkward early game, if you're not a pro with great CS able to sustain until a good back timing and potentially survive an opponent with an item advantage, trying to build it first item is gonna set you back a ton. At best, you'll be unable to pressure your opponent and they'll run rampant over you and your team.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Buckwheat Sings posted:

What did Anthony Burch do? Also when will Tencent get sick of this poo poo?

Some women have vaguely hinted that he's a Nick Robinson style DM slider or something but afaik nothing's public yet

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Pharohman777 posted:

How in the world is a public seminar unsafe?

oh you poor innocent child

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

basically what you need to know about heimer is that if you land a grenade stun in range of 3+ turrets you win league of legends

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Builds that stack active item benefits are really strong in general right now. There are some real oppressive Glacial Augment builds popping up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Is it worth doing a custom AI game where you can set your opponent to practice new matchups?

Not really. AI will never play to their strengths and act more aggressively than intentional feeders.