Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

I wish they would let Galio do damage again. That would be neat

you just need to wait until like 30 minutes in, then he does damage...just not tons.

RoA / Frozen Fist / Liandry's is fun with the big boy right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Rygar201 posted:

Did you see the PBE stuff they are testing on him? Nerfing his passive and E damage, giving him a scaling nuke on his W based on channel time?

Why :riot:

booo I thought he was safe after seeing the most recent patch.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I guess I might pick up SSW Twitch, but everything else I'm pretty dissapointed in.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

76% winrate on Galio, I never should have doubted the big boy.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

unless I'm planning on playing something that has a particular bad matchup in the meta, I ban Lux in all lanes, she does a metric fuckton of damage right now and sustains so well.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

amazeballs posted:

Guys, I'm gonna play something other than ADC for the new season.

Thinking support or jungle. Any strong arguments either way?

I'm terrible at paying attention to the map, so I think either role will help with that.

Or I become a Fiora top one trick.

Thread decides.

jungle or support seem to be the two spots that are always looking for a switch, so you should have quick queues at the least.

I always love having a competent support and jungler.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Amish Ninja posted:

First part makes sense.

Yeah, I think you're right about Shyvana. For a while she was my ticket to victory, but I might want to come up with an alternative third jungle champion slot. Warwick feels better at all stages of the game though; Good gank potential at level 3, builds tankier, still impactful in the late game as well.

I'm not 100% sure in terms of the meta, but you might try out Vi, her ult and her Q can give you some of the engage you get with shyv, with some actual CC at the cost of some damage output.

j4 is on a bit of a downslide lately but he's also pretty solid.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Vermain posted:

The thing does like 600+ damage by midgame if all the bolts connect and it can be spammed nearly every second. Even tanks just melt if you can't CC lock him in time.

I had a decent start as Galio yesterday, but then me and the Jungler reallly bungled two ganks and all of a sudden Swain was melting everyone

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Futuresight posted:

Maybe coming back and... wow this is a lot of loving change. I think I basically understand it except is there no way to set up rune pages outside of character select to an actual game?

Also how do you set up character item pages or is that functionality gone now?

Collection > Runes will solve the first problem

Collection > Items will solve the second

...i think

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

hoooly cow I guess I didn't fully realize how drat strong Caitlyn is in 8.6. I've been having mixed results with Varus but Caitlyn just rolls through the laning phase jesus

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

have you seen my baby posted:

Wow Karthus is really good right now

how are you building him? people are starting to ban Galio from me

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

maybe it's just that I'm bad and the people I'm playing against are also terrible, but Vi feels really good after her changes in 8.8. the CD reductions on Q and her W make the first clear much faster and you get to dash punch a couple times with the first gank.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Down With People posted:

Should I try to ease off the target if I think we're gonna get a pick so someone else can get the gold? Or should I just not worry about it?

I'd always prefer a dead enemy to one that gets away cause you were trying to give the kill over. people who complain about kills being stolen are the loving worst.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I've won 6 of my last seven games, all on urgot. Any advice in the Irelia matchup? she gives me the most trouble.

In terms of items in general, I go Cleaver, Mallet, into Sunfire or Warmogs but then I get a bit lost (or we've already won) is going like, BotRK worth it with his W, or should I go for Bloodthirster, or just more HP/Tankyness?

e:in terms of items I'm looking for advice in general and for Irelia specifically.

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 20:32 on May 24, 2018

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Righteous Glory was a much better place to go on Urgot. Thanks for the advice y'all!

There is no better feeling in this game than reeling in your enemy with the second activation on Urgots R. :getin:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Nightgull posted:

Maybe lll get to jungle Urgot! It’s like a dream come true. I did it once when things got confused in blind pick, it was very bad.

:hfive: Urgot buddy. I've been basically playing nothing but Urgot lately, the changes look pretty good for him.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I've been absolutely loving playing Mundo top, he just gets so drat tanky and slowly chops people down once I have 2 items.

I always go some order of Sunfire / Spirit Visage / Warmogs, with boots based on what I'm up against. Assuming the game doesn't end at 3 items, what should I be going for? Mallet or Cleaver? Is Liandry's worth it even with so little benefit from the AP? The increased damage while in combat seems like it would be monstrous.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

njsykora posted:

OK but is there a relationship system and can I marry Udyr?

based on my ranked games, I think Udyr only loves himself, no one else.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Boxman posted:

I want to know what play actually looks like down there. I'm in S1-S2 at the moment and see such infuriating poo poo. I can't imagine how completely braindead the play must look that low.

It's not the play, it's the attitudes that are the worst. someone on your team dies before 6 min in? instant flame fest. or it's maligned whining "this is why YOU are in bronze " just massive dunning Krueger going on.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

the rubber band holding you back is your indignant, self important attitude.

you played 1000+ games in silver, it's not holding you back, it's had 1000+ points of data and the system says you are where you are. Christ I swear people have been trying to help you sincerely and every response from you is whining about the rubber band or the system.

But really man, please make a Smurf account and prove us all wrong. I eagerly await you getting placed in s3 and coming back to whine some more.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

there's a concept in conflict resolution and mediation that involves how you phrase your statements. Enigma, in that log, not once do you apologize for any aspect of your play or accept any responsibility for the state of the game. it's all pointing fingers at others and whining about how you're "stuck" in gold 5.

I'm utter trash at this game, but I always try to acknowledge and apologize for my mistakes (which are many) and phrase advice using "we". Typing in ALL CAPS or excessive pinging doesn't help.

I really do like that you were willing to stream your games for the tread, but often you come off as defensive and hostile to the people trying to give you honest advice in here, and I can't help but think the same thing might happen in game.

I try to be excessively positive and optimistic in chat, phrasing things as "c'mon guys, we gotta stop splitting up and group as 5, we aren't so far behind" instead of "c'mon jinx WHAT WERE YOU DOINGGGFG" goes a long way to making people more inclined to work with you. It's a team game and if you aren't willing to work with your team, I don't think you'll ever get to g4 or higher, especially since your vision score seems to still be so anemic.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Freddie Mercury Bohemian Rhapsody Viktor (or Azir with the band members as soldiers)

e: the name works better

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

black.lion posted:

No clue what makes my future bro-in-law erect, but I don't think merch is it. He basically wears the same clothes all the time and I don't think he's much for decorations or plushies or so on.

Just realized the art book is available for free over the internet, so think I'll probably not go that route. I guess just getting him a fuckton of RP is probably the surest-fire thing. Is $75 of RP a lot of RP?

you could also find out what his fav champ/skin are and get some art commissioned in that vein, cpuld be cool but also if it's like battle bunny riven that could be a lewd and awkward opening on Christmas.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

anyone have Xin Zhao tips? if i build him for damage and go aggressive early it works out but if the games go long I just melt. if I build him tanky I can't seem to confirm kills as easy. I'm sure I'm just bad, should I be prioritizing attack speed first? going jg item into triforce seems greedy?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

as a Mundo main, there's nothing more depressing than when someone on the other team figures put they can buy executioners calling. At my trash elo, like 80% of my opponents don't even know it exists.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Anidav posted:

Is she? I hardly see people pick her.

she was the only 100% pick/ban champ in the most recent KeSPA Cup, IIRC

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

It's Fiora

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Triple-Kan posted:

If you could wake up tomorrow and be a total loving savant insane master of one champion, who would it be?

Irelia or Akali, while I can sometime have success on assassins, it's few and far between

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Does anyone have any kind of Aurelion Sol advice? He seems so feast or famine, but every once in a while I get a few engages with proper spacing on their W and people just melt. Playing against any kind of assassin usually means I just get destroyed though.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

I didnt read any of the patch notes and 15 minutes into my first game of promos on Ezreal I didnt understand why I couldnt buy a second tear. :doh:

I went Manamune / Trinity Force / Maw of Malmortius cause they were heavy AP, but what should I be angling for now that double tear is gone?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

am i just dumb, i went to the settings to try and set L click to a move and it wont let me bind it?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

ToxicSlurpee posted:

At max rank it basically already is. Even then I've played a lot of Gnar and it's uncommon to find myself wanting it but it being down.

I sent a screenshot of the patch notes to my friend who mains Gnar and he just replied with :shrug: He said it's a buff, but he doesnt think it'll be out of control.

It looks insane tho, just by the numbers. 18sec CD at max rank with 40% cdr

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

So I played a game today on Kayle, had a rough start dying to an early gank for FB. Jungler flips a lid and starts calling everyone hateful names, mostly centered on my Kayle play. I try to stay positive, and the ADC kinda joins in and we get closer to even. Then all of a sudden, at 22:00 in, we are able to pick off their Yasuo as he roams bot, and the other team surrenders 4-1 with a slew of "report yasuo omfg" and the like. They were ahead by 5 kills or so, and we found out in the post game lobby that the Yasuo was throwing around hate speech and being a serious rear end in a top hat the whole game. The team got tired of it and wanted out.

Lesson: /mute all, stay positive, and take a break when you get tilted. The other team is just as likely to have assholes or idiots as you are.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

The Door Frame posted:

Renek, Tryn, Illoai, Mord and other top lane bruisers got good buffs. Either top lane marksmen, mages, or tanks will be buffed soon to compensate. Marksmen risks upsetting bottom and assassins, mages risks midlane and supports, tanks are just the next logical step in my mind

Or maybe it's wishful thinking, but it's where my mind goes

I didn't see any Morde changes in the patch notes, did I miss something?

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

hasn't that been live for all of 9.12 and there was a tuning of his numbers down mid patch? I didn't see anything brand new in 9.13

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

Blademaster Kassadin is REALLY funny if he can get going. I gave mine a Dragon's Tooth and a Rageblade and it was super amusing. I wish I had enough room to give Kassadin all the items just to see what he'd be like.

I got a Kassadin with Double Rageblade last night and it carried me to the late game. What did I lose to? A Kassadin with THREE Rageblades. :psyduck:

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

A_Account posted:

Yeah I know fon doesn't, guess it was a bug then. Dammit I would have come first easily if it hadn't. Oh well.

sometimes you just get unlucky, the rolls still favor the lower cost units

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

TheAnomaly posted:

The no bigger bonuses are in preparation of the 4 hextech champions being added next patch. So Brawler, Blademaster, Gunslinger all go up another tier now, and I don't think any of those are reachable currently. The game is a lot more competitive early and econing into the lategame is less feasible.

I think technically you could reach those tiers with Spatula items if you get lucky. I'm really excited for the new units though, the roster as is feels a bit stale.

e: my bad, i was counting more spatula types than there are

TheTofuShop fucked around with this message at 11:11 on Aug 10, 2019

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

today I learned that playing Vi into Xayah/Rakan is not a good plan. :smithicide: both of those ults suck to go into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

kingcobweb posted:

Xayah ult has a 140s cooldown at rank one. If you R her without knowing whether or not she has it up, that’s your fault for not tracking it

yeah, i am categorically bad at league, but when it happened I was like "oh poo poo i hosed up oh poo poo oh poo poo"