Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
They want to move the meta away from pure wave clear without completely gutting wave clear champs. This change both promotes roaming by reducing the cost of missing non-cannon waves, and concentrates gold to cannon minions - which should make wave-clearers feel less mandatory.

Overall I'm optimistic about these changes, as long as they do something to make dematerializer less attractive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Aside from Malphite and Karthus, what other champs are great with Prescence of Mind?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Giving a character mana should be considered a game design failure imo.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Do you press Q with your ring finger or your pinkie?

On the one hand, pinkie lets you hover over all your spells with your hand.
On the other, pinkie means you have to reposition to use ctrl for skill upgrades.
Also, pinkie is gross.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I have Flash on D, fight me IRL.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
My main issue with the jungle changes is that someone thought it would be a good idea to make scuttle spawn point literal coin flip. Because what the game really needed was more RNG.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Wouldn't removing top lane turn mid into the new top lane?

Makes u think

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Why scream Demacia when you can scream for noxus smdh

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Do you think new Kayle might fit in as a bot lame carry? A strong early game support to shore up her lacking early game might let her late-game carry as she hits her level thresholds.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Another lore thing; is Silas the only champion who's pro-democracy? The other Demacians seem to be all hyper-royalist, Ionians are theocratic and the Noxians are all fascists.

Hell, Rivens issues with Noxus are all about how Singed tried to kill her, not how Noxus subjugated her people and forced her into conscription.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I am unreasonably pissed that all my favorite champs (and also Rakan, I guess) are getting good looking limited time skins all at once.

I will still buy them, but the cost is harder to motivate when it's in a lump sum rather than spread out. :colbert:

Svensken
May 29, 2010

The Deleter posted:

you'll never make me care about Volibear.

The fact that we feel this way about a huge loving thunderbear should make you vote for him tbh

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Remove Q silence, make W a skillshot that terrifies while it drains, make E something fun

For Fiddlesticks that is

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Decided to record the start of a Karthus jungle game and well, it sure started off special.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOElYG73b3s

Please tell me you won that game

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Can turrets target you in the shadow realm because if not he becomes the ultimate tower diver. Have your buddy duck out after one ability rotation and have an unloseable 1v1 literally anywhere

Svensken
May 29, 2010
It's me, the guy that consistently wins while staying <20hp for the better half of the game.

It's actually something approaching a real strat by now:
Only buy doubles and rank-3-or-mores that will fit with your comp, and save until you get past the 50 gold mark. Losing health only means you get a higher priority on the carousel.
Don't reroll unless you can do so without going below 50 gold.
If you reroll sparingly past the 50 gold mark you'll find yourself with enough gold to level without losing interest, and you'll be pretty much guaranteed to win due to having higher quality units in your pool.

Oh, and only go all in (spam rerolling for units) if you're about to die or if the game is about to finish within 5 rounds at most. Which I realize is pretty much the same thing from your perspective

Svensken fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Jul 3, 2019

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Ionic spark murders Akali, and chain vest is a component for locket.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I think locket will still be strong, even with the 33% nerf.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
They should bring back enemy team honors just so that Poppy can get 9x GG.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Card game good.

Is there a thread for card game? (Not Hearthstone)

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Nocturne seems kind of overtuned but I really don't mind.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Not sure how recent it is but Blitz' ult active now completely removes shields.

Renekton W and Kled's hook got the same buff in the same patch.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Activating origin bonuses with Zed clones will never grow old.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I really don't get their reasoning behind the jungle XP change. Were people really complaining about junglers being too interactive?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
How Sanguine made it past playtests without anyone considering how a permanent 40-100% attackspeed increase impacts jungle clears is being my mortal comprehension.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Support Ashe is like support Senna; you're actually an adc that doesn't have to worry about all that pesky "csing".

It's like playing League while keeping the best part of HotS.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Apparently only the current main hand and offhand weapons will be visible to the enemy team, meaning there's no warning when he empties a clip and suddenly gets access to a new ability.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Who needs cs when you can just farm kills?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
League of Tactics: I swear I saw an alcove play once

Svensken
May 29, 2010
No more 3v3s, only 1v9s now

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Maybe it's the upcoming PoE league talking, but I'm getting some strong Mathil vibes off Sett's look.

This is not a complaint.

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Yeah, Sett goes from lovely weird to good weird when you realize he's a rassleman.

Also, his dad is definitively Draven right?

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I only just now realized they changed the pink ward icon

Also, green wards are no longer a thing as of this preseason patch, since they removed Kleptomancy and with it the only means of obtaining them.

Svensken
May 29, 2010

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Sillylas is a villain because he lacks creativity to make his own ult but instead steal other ults. Stealing is bad okay. :v:

It's not theft it's redistribution of magic

Svensken
May 29, 2010
The League lore as viewed through a neoliberal lense:

Noxus is the evil MIC

Piltover is a technocratic Utopia (they don't see the irony of Zaun being the literal downtrodden underbelly)

Ionia is the mystic Far East Orient theocracy, too backwards to properly embrace scientific innovation but maybe their yoga is worth copying

Demacia are the good guys, sure it's a dynastic monarchy but the king is benevolent guys. There's an MIC but it's a force for good.

Sylas is literally Bernie. Bernie just hasn't done any murder yet.

Ty for listening to my Ted talk

Svensken
May 29, 2010
Aren't most of Ornns passives behind the scenes stuff? I mean, Brittle has no real impact on how you actually play him.

I guess you can say having to back off for a second to shop is interactive? :shrug:

(I'm a bad goldie though so grain of salt)

Svensken
May 29, 2010
He stops when he collides with terrain and stuns anyone within a radiua.

I really don't see what's hard to understand

Svensken
May 29, 2010

a fatguy baldspot posted:

annie actually doesn’t work with mage afaik, she can’t get more than one tibber

Pretty sure she can

Svensken
May 29, 2010
It's amazing how much easier it is to trade when you don't have to rely on someone else to deal damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I wonder how much Sett's winrate would decrease of they used grey health to indicate his grit instead of a resource bar.

Also, regarding supports; I don't care what you pick as long as you don't start with loving Doran's and rely on stealing CS for gold.

poo poo should be reportable IMO.