Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Vermain posted:

That was back before Riot really had much of an art department or quality control. They ended up going with a redesigned version based off of fanart by Katie De Sousa, which eventually lead to her landing a job at Riot proper.

I saw some post somewhere the other day saying how they missed "original art styles like old league of legends" and I just laughed and laughed.

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not even convinced that the higher ups in Riot even play this game anymore

Marc Merril was streaming with Scarra and Dyrus literally a week ago, which is also meaningless because he has nothing to do with balance. That being said, Sona and Yorick are both busted right now and are sporting the winrates to prove it so I don't know why that particular comment is being met with derision.

AttackBacon fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Also Battlecast Illaoi won (and it wasn't close) so those of us with good taste are once again rewarded. Now I will have two sweet skins to not use while I play Yorick instead.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Aumanor posted:

They... buffed Ornn? Why would they do that?

Those were the hotfixes that went out just after 7.22. Ornn is strong right now but he was hovering around 50% winrate when those hotfixes hit (and they were just part of the runes reforged base stat changes). His trendline has been up up up (particularly on his pick/ban rate) so I'd imagine some nerfs will come through, although it wouldn't surprise me to see them do some rune changes first and see what happens to him after.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

Aumanor posted:

Even though some people itt said Kleptomancy is a trap on Sona it remains her highest performance keystone.

I have a sneaking suspicion that also has something to do with the Inspiration tree itself. Biscuit Delivery, Magical Footwear, and Cosmic Insight/Celestial Body are all really powerful runes. I think taking three of those (plus the superior Inspiration passive stat packages) is better than anything else you can get in other trees for Sona. There's a ton of hidden power in the increased consumable duration passive (especially given the mountains of free consumables you are getting via Biscuit Delivery and Kleptomancy), especially in bot lane where staying in lane until certain item breakpoints is super powerful. Since Sona is a sustain support, her staying often means the ADC gets to stay longer as well and hit that BF Sword sooner.

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA

misguided rage posted:

It gives you a permanent buff to minion damage, for the rest of the game. The 6 minions you get to kill with the items are not the reason you take it. You can't even use them at level 1.

Wait did people actually think it was just for like...6 free lane smites or something? Because if so, lmao, reading comprehension is even less common than I thought.

As for content, Minion Dematerializer is one of those runes that is only going to be useful once people have actually math'd out the breakpoints that it lets you hit. Case in point Apdo taking it on Lux to be able to keep up pressure in mid vs stronger waveclear. Once those breakpoints are known, then it will be really useful, but it's way more math than I care to do myself that's for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
I remain unconvinced 90% of this thread actually plays the game.