Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont know how to describe the feeling of returning from being AFK and seeing on the loading screen that my team opted for vayne top and ashe support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah this champ just seems like riot re-treading the same problems that old nidalee had, except also giving her CC to set up her poke. i cant imagine a world where this champ isn't just new yasuo and is nerfed to a ridiculous degree and relies 100% on snowballing her lane to do anything useful by people that have 10000+ games played on the champ.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

saying LoL has a lot of lazy designs isn't exactly a hot take since riot said as much when they were doing the class updates

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

Does anyone else get shoulder pain playing this game

I don't know why but my right shoulder stings like hell after like 2-3 games

I have good posture and my shoulder is not tense so I've no idea what's going on

i was having this issue a few months ago but my work desk got changed by our ergo team and i havent had any problems since then. i didnt think my home setup was bad, but an entire work day without good ergonomics just meant some arm pain when i got home i guess.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

really wanna know how varus was the guy that they selected for the new CGI video

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

interesting that the naked guy with the scarf was the gay couple

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Vermain posted:

It's not explicitly stated because the Chinese censors would shoot them, but, yeah, they're 100% a gay couple.

"But Kai and Val fight on against his malevolent influence, hoping against hope that their love can overcome the darkin’s baser urges."

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Can Varus gently caress

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i feel like i see more posts about yorick in this thread than ornn which is really weird

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah but the pickrates and banrates. also teemo has like twice the pickrate with a comparable winrate. seemed like a weird champion to specifically single out in toplane when hes kinda a fringe pick even though hes pretty good right now.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i liked thunderlords because the animation was cool and it was like something to play around in lane. when im playing an electrocute jungler i don't really notice it i just get a third hit on someone and say "wow they just died from full hp instantly thats pretty sad for them"

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Arena of valor seems fun and good and the twisted fate clone is mega op.

Batsmen when tho?

yeah apparently this game is super popular in china? idk but everyone on the NA server blows rear end and im farming them for ez wins.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

languishing in The Eve Zone while riot remakes him

hes weirdly OK right now since they hosed around with all his abilities, no one has a single clue how any of his skills work so people that main him can snowball pretty well through sheer ignorance of the opposition.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think this game is pretty fun to play and usually have a good time as well

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

top is the second least popular role recently so it wouldn't be hard to get constantly, but if you have bad map awareness and only play fiora you're either gonna lose a whole lot of games or get really good map awareness

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

those skins are gonna get touched up like the quinn one did after community outrage but i bet they ship them anyways, and they still end up looking p bad

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they're testing making targeted spells draw creep aggro for the next patch which is kinda interesting, they might actually start making targeted spells again.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think of all the weird takes ive heard from the dota > lol posters "spells drawing tower aggro feels weird" is the strangest

the reason i like the creep aggro change is because a lot of targeted spells are specifically hard for them to balance in lower ELO. having the creeps re-target means people need to play around creep waves (and the bushes in sidelanes.) i think the change just has the best potential of making targeted spells more fair at multiple skill levels.

currently the gangplank Q will draw creep aggro and people seem fine with that.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Mikujin posted:

GP's Q has always drawn creep aggro. It is, for all intents and purposes, a modified auto-attack.

yes that was my point, that other targeted spells will also work like that now.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this thread got real hostile suddenly

Lord_Magmar posted:

I think doing this sort of thing with Jhin is the greatest feeling, you warn them heavily with the first 3 shots and some people will try and outwit the fourth and you'll just take dragon or baron.

ive lost baron twice in the last month to people not realizing that the fourth shot is gonna deal more than smite is and trying to burn it instead of stopping. they were both stomps so it didn't do anything besides waste 5 minutes of time but its pretty annoying.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got written up at work today and sent home because my timecard was inaccurate too many times so now ive got a whole lot of time to enjoy the new ranked season at least

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they also change a lot of stuff between seasons with the re-calibration so something that was true previously might not be true this season

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i like that the bold new direction for swain is that hes missing a hand now

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yikes

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

if you feel like you have a lot of streaks of wins followed by a streak of losses dragging you back to where you started it means you're a tilter

source: i do that poo poo all the time

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i remember someone at riot said all the drakes are currently pretty balanced (taking them will make you win more the same amount) but ive always wondered how true that is. like is it just that the drakes are actually meaningless and the teams that are able to take them are already winning a certain amount, or is the value of all the drakes actually equal?

i feel like i ignore cloud/ocean drakes most of the time, especially after like 10m but i wonder if thats really the correct choice

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i dont think ive seen the large dragon spawn in months, most games tend to end pretty decisively before that. im mostly interested in more fine grain statistics about the dragons i think, it isnt really a mystery why an ocean drake could be helpful or whatever im just curious to know if getting a single ocean drake at 25 minutes or whatever is actually making meaningful differences.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

just suicide to red buff and take all the pressure off

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i, too, love zac

hes the only tank i can actually play a bunch of games on in a row and not be super bored of. when i play like sej or maokai i regularly get huge leads and throw the game by getting bored and taking really bad engages.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the E probably doesn't need to pop out a lot since it isn't really a super impactful ability or whatever, but the R just looks weird now

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

janna starts getting really good (statistically) in gold+. the real menace of silver and bronze is brand.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

a lot of the champion focused subreddits are really weird

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think the majority of posters in the subreddits are like, 10k+ games talon only players that can't escape silver because they're hyper focused on longswords instead of winning games or whatever

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

life is a lot like league of legends, when you think about it.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

political facebook posts getting you down? try /mute all

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

Check out some totally normal redditor's 4 Thousand word post about Riot thinking about changing the jungle items

link

"Just FYI, the context of this is the guy at Riot is just doing exploration on a new jungle item to add to the other items, and wanted to force all junglers to take it on the PBE so he would have enough data."

fuckin lol

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i think riot does their best work when they have an existing theme and difficulty level for the reworked champion in mind, but aren't necessarily trying to keep a lot of the abilities the same (leblanc, ryze)

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

lost 9 games in a row the other day but i won one today and still got +25 lp. this year riot games is my valentine.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

huh, first time ive seen that text attached to getting a key

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i played with a quinn main last night and he did pretty well after getting trashed by sion in lane, which surprised me. our mid yasuo was sadly 3/22 at the end of the match but we almost won!