Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Big McHuge posted:

Just won a game where the enemy Kayn had 48 kills.

what was his item build

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i played a literally hour long bot game the other day because people kept feeding a jinx

it was misery

wot?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

big fan of the intro and music

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

lets give a quick shout out to velkoz in this thread, everyone.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wasn't kennen also a ADC pick until nerfs swiftly came in?

kenner was an off meta adc pick since like season 3, guy has an escape, a self peeling ult, cc, and a thing you can provide easy with Hella lid esteal

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

This game already has Batman (Garen) Joker (Shaco) and Harley Quinn (Jinx) and also isn't Domination-only

thank you blessed riot game

whos the penguin. debonair ezreal..?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

why did you edit my post to make me say something instead of just saying it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

yall need to stop hating on gappy real quick. in other news i have randomly decided to play nunu and forgot how fun aggressively counter jungling is -- what is everyone heres favourite counterjungler and why?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

how do i get the mad discounts. i pay my taxes

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

how do i get the deals

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

guys for real how do i see the deals. please

this is hilarious and i look forward to the golden age of 80% PB yasuo

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

barack obama is a goon and posts on this web site

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Orv posted:

How the gently caress do you not own Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, the best skin in the game.

cleverly, i realized i would get a great discount in december 14th of 2017 so i held off on purchasing it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i love yasuo but i hate yasuo if you know what i mean. if you guys are catching my train

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

it really sucks when you are playing a set of lost games with your friend and trying to figure out what went wrong and it was him that day. on brighter news darius is still really fun to hit people with

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

you cant kill someone with armor items you dummy. not even bramblevest or thornmail or sunfire cape.

a long time ago i was playing with a friend who exclusively plays full damage junglers and he got disconnected for the first five minutes and when i asked him to build tankier he said he was "too far behind" to build tanky and had to build full damage. thats pretty representative of the general player attitude as well as literally every jungler

love to be invincible

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ornn is not for the culture. we not about that oppressive poo poo, we want to be built like trucks and move twice as fast, riot you hosed up when you took out force of nature, put it back in. make a new tank to fill old poppys role of surviving things with 40hp while also taking 2 minutes to kill. doot doot.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

[rolling around in pig poo poo with pigs at the pig farm] sometimes i feel bad about doing this but then i remember that most of these pigs are SUPER dumb lol

lol

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

It's time for URF again so you know what that mean!! It's time for The Fast: Tokyo Drift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA5yRlC5Uk4

We regret to inform you Tokyo Drift has been canceled

:negative: :smith: :cry:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

duck trucker posted:

I'd be ok with a lux support if they just bought a loving sightstone and warded occasionally.

i would not be okay with a lux support because lux support is almost impossible to control the minion wave with and if she uses bindings aggressively and misses you can easily be all inned or heavy traded against

busb posted:

Yea but tanks are boring to play both as and against, so actually there should be no tanks in the game at all

playing tanks is some of the most fun i have in league of legends. i love to have 5 thousand health and 300 armour against a 5AD (or 4 and 1 AP support) team and just be a giant problem the enemy team has to deal with

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Gortarius posted:

What's the deal with Aatrox sucking so bad?

His jungling is slow, top becomes unsalvageable if you die even once, passive is a joke, stun is unreliable and can be interrupted midflight, the beam is mediocre and his ult is just boring garbage.

The sword toggling would be good if he didn't have all this other baggage dragging him down.
the character is just a weird modern example of league of legends bruiser design where they put random stats on a guy until they can scrap. but with aatrox it is even worse since they are all situational and not immediately obvious as to what is going on. for example kayle presses e and you can hear the difference in how her attacks work and it is like ahh i see what is going on, with aatrox he just does some poo poo and suddenly he attacks faster or does more damage. the character is pretty alright but riot dropped the ball on the design portion of this

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Addamere posted:

It seems like many people have unexpected lag this holiday season

What is the solution?

have you tried turning your computer off and on again?

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this looks like poo poo dude. what are you doing

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i like olaf style drain tanking where the effectiveness of it goes up as your health decreases but that also makes you susceptible to getting bursted down. i also like old ryze and can riot please release old ryze as a new champion like ryze senior or something

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

multiple dorans had done been tried and tested on several champions, it would be good for any lategame top laner who wants a lot of sustain really.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Tales of Woe posted:

Irelia's far enough along that they already brought in the high ranked irelia mains to test it

In general the last 3 divers they released (kled, camille, new warwick) are all really fun champs so I'm optimistic about irelia and aatrox

camille is a blight

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Enigma89 posted:

I'm new to league but a hard core DotA player. Just curious what you guys think of my stats, builds and rune on Draven. I ran aery for a while but using klepto now.

Have about a 50% win rate which I think is pretty solid for never playing League before. I have a bet with a friend that if I rank into Bronze 2 he quits league and comes to DotA.

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=Enigma89

Any tips would be recommended. I have been noticing that I have been queuing up with gold, plat and silver players so I feel like hitting Bronze 2 should be fairly easy but just doing a gut check with this post.

you are not eating, try to get 8cs a minute roughly, obviously not every game is perfect but you can eat up a lot of cs in the midgame if you play your cards right by farming lanes and jungle. in practice if you are outcsing your opponents you are doing well(wealth is relative to the games economy) but on paper you want to be pushing for that 8cs/m mark, in games you are absolutely dominating you should have no trouble getting that because you will be stealing their jungle too.

take heal over barrier because the extra movespeed is worth more than the extra bit of health barrier provides in bot lane, mid lane it is a little more debatable due to the shorter lane, but botlane is pretty strongly preferred heal. also, unless you are going for an early power spike by rushing IE, you should be buying control wards if you have inventory space and 75 gold. you can often get 1 enemy ward and like 4 minutes of vision off one, which is actually incredible value for the money, and worst case scenario you put it in a bush you know is warded and kind of annoy the enemy support.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

people just have garbage morale in this game because they got tilted 4 games ago when their thresh support refused to buy sightstone and instead tried to rush shiv and steal kills. there is no real 1v9 mentality it is just people who have no discipline or whatever who get salty over tiny crap and lose the will to play games

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Count Bleck posted:

This is when you take a break, not continue to ruin games for 4 other people.

yeah i dislike it too but there are ppl in this thread who do that sort of thing. i have no idea why people play a game that they are not finding fun but whatever floats ones boat.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

See I’d say that one of the parts of the game I find unfun is playing out a losing game for 10 minutes while field general Vayne gives useful advice like “I carry” and “don’t get caught”

those guys are the other side of the coin. both are equally bad. captain vayne and mutinous zed

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Rygar201 posted:

A lot of people seem to be totally cool wasting 10 more minutes on the hope that the enemy team is will just throw. It's weird

people love to play out hour long games that they are losing in but theoretically favoured at full 6 slots for some reason

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Camel Camus posted:

The real victory screen in the video game League of Legends is the "Summoner has Disconnected" announcement after you've denied the third surrender attempt to a 1/8 master yi who has been calling the rest of the team useless retards for 25 minutes to which you respond, every time, "Don't worry buddy keep farming we got this : )"

i never experience that because i am the guy picking master yi but when i play master yi i win games. *

*:not as much as when i play amumu, one of my most picked characters, that apparently i have never lost a game as. but i am still going to be picking master yi because he has a samurai sword

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Monicro posted:

I submit that playing out 70 minute comeback games Actually Owns, as almost invariably you get to watch someone on the enemy team slowly lose their mind as they realize their team is throwing

I played a ranked game once where we were down like 9k gold at 20 minutes against 2 hypercarries, one of which was a jinx that over the course of the game went from saying "ggezpz" before they cracked our base to demanding we report their shaco for splitpushing

yeah but the problem is for every one of those games there is also 40 games where you vote no to surrender and end up losing anyways 10 mins later, and also that the chance of comebacks dramatically goes down at higher elos when people are better at not throwing games.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Elephunk posted:

Been playing for the first time since last Friday; coming from Dota 2.

Anything for new players besides the little bit in the OP? I have a group of experienced friends teaching me most things over voice as we go.

When I'm ready to give them money and only want champs - just buy the ones I like that are on 50% off? Are there bigger sales to wait for?

just use essence to make champs, buying champs is not really necessary and i play this game like a week every 2 months and i still have all the champions. DJ bravo, the other thing is not all champs are made equal and not everyone will like every one of them. play free rotations for the first while until you are familiar with a lot of them

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lovechop posted:

here;s a champion for you-

docteur loving mundo
mundo won best champion award in 2017 making this his 6th consecutive win, Oh my god, will the success ever stop for the dr

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

uguu posted:

I have every tank and no other champs and I only play Aram and I queue dodge if I don't get a tank to play.

can a mod please ban this guy

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

mods send out some bans or 100k hour probes here this execrable bile is spreading we need to contain the aram account players before lurkers think this is acceptable

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Kitfox88 posted:

aram is poo poo and always has been poo poo and always will be poo poo

worst mode in every single doter

the genre is called hon-clone not doter, and aram will never match up to dominion custom capture the teemo which was actually the best game mode and riot hosed up by not implementing it

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

strong bird posted:

Is it possible to mod the game so this plays when I press the beamu button on the cute and powerful girl Lux from the game League of Legends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D1KmDkXhfY

what is this bastard poo poo doing in my league of legends thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Q8ee posted:

everyone keeps yelling to go adc and i didn't even know what that was up until recently. does the game force you to play the meta? it sucks that i'll have to play adc champs more often than not instead of champs i enjoy playing. i don't even know which champs are adc and which aren't.
you are not required to pick meta roles, but people act like you are because it is a huge uphill battle with your team and the game itself to do meta defying stuff. there are some meta breaking stuff in bot lane which gets played reasonably often, notably kill lanes, and botlane ziggs. other than that just play the champions in the roles that they are "intended" for, or just ignore what your team says and perform well enough that post champion select they stop complaining(NOTE: if anything goes bad in the game and you not playing meta, even if you are playing an unpopular champion instead of fotm, you WILL be blamed for the loss)