Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

d0grent posted:

Why are they reworking irelia she's fine

Ball of stats the champion. She only does well if she's ahead because she has a very low impact ult, a 'gimme statz' skill and two active ones that require her to go in on someone. If she's good she's autopick because she crowds everyone with shittier stats out, if not you don't have a reason to pick her besides really liking trinity force procs.

EDIT: Also because she does so little with the 'telekinetic bladesman' fantasy that is just cool as hell. She hits you with the flat of her blades, she gets a lil shiny glow inbetween them and she chucks weak-feeling versions of her weapon pieces out. Only Bladesurge is really a decent representation of what she should be doing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

Tales of Woe posted:

I think every 'VGU' since Sion has been good and all of the duds have come from the 'class reworks' where they rework a bunch of champs at once. They seem to have stopped doing those luckily.

This is true I think. Going by this list of Full Relaunches in order...

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Champion_updates

-Karma: was a dud for a while gameplaywise. Today a hotly contested pro pick.
-Trundle: Didn't really change. Doesn't count for or against.
-Sion: Huge success.
-Poppy: Huge success.
-Taric: Huge success.
-Warwick: Huge success.
-Galio: Huge success.
-Urgot: Probably the most debatable one? He has an actual role in the game but I think some people miss his chasers. I'd call it a big win myself though.
-Evelynn: Huge success.

It's the reworks that aren't full relaunches where poo poo gets sketchy and their track record is worse. But the total remakes have been almost certainly all good for the game by a lot.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

blah_blah posted:

Why are you running comet over aery on MF? Also it's harder to stack lethality than it was in previous seasons, it's not necessarily that that's stronger.

Presumably because MiR makes it free as hell to land if you're against a dashless champ...but how many people don't run dashes these days?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Vermain posted:

champion.gg's reporting a 60% winrate for her in mid, which I think is genuinely unprecedented.

Skarner is still the true king of bullshit with his 64% winrate once upon a time but yeah, this is getting up there

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Teikanmi posted:

I keep adding him to my friends list and sending him vidoes on YouTube for fart fetishes. I don't know why he keeps accepting.

New title found

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

[screaming and on the verge of tears from raw emotion]it is probably because gently caress head tahm kench support players keep eating me when i am playing adc and we can turn around and kill them in a fight but instead they disengage so hard that the enemy never gets punished for their aggression

This actually probably is part of it. Bad Kenching means the ADC that should've lived with 50 HP survives with 500 HP, but the enemy ADC that should've died limps away with 300 HP and you lose later on because of passing up advantages.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Not to say that things haven't changed or that Riot isn't allowed to change their minds, but wasn't getting CDR capped as a matter of course and not having to build for it specifically something that riot remade items to get away from...?

You're not going to cap as a matter of course unless you go all-in on mana. How many characters want archangels AND Ludens, or ludens AND the frostbazooka?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

misguided rage posted:

Nah she plays pretty much identically out of lane. You're right though they're not on the same level, Zoe is somehow even less fun to play against.

Zoe is less bad than Nidalee because she's not mobile like Nid was. That doesn't mean she's good necessarily, but what made Nidalee trash is that you could never ever engage on her if she didn't want to be engaged. Zoe puts herself more at risk than that.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Firing lasers and missiles sounds cool

Seems interesting

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Orv posted:

Depending on the definition of long range on the ult, I may have a boner? All I've ever wanted was a new Barathrum.

Also is she literally just Venom?

She absolutely craps out missiles, I definitely have a boner for this champ

I love big flashy aoes on carries

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Elephunk posted:

Is having the lowest aspd an issue in a game without denies? Like, I get that the support can trade easier, but it doesn't seem like the end of the world. I know I sound like an rear end in a top hat, but I'm coming from 1500 hours of dota2 and have that honest question.

it means you trade like poo poo compared to the other carries

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Better yet, don't play support brand and play velkoz

same concept of poke based support mage but with like, actual range to be safe and not feed constantly

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Brand is literally one of the strongest mages in the game right now.

Brand preys on idiots but is super duper feast or famine. If he falls behind he adds nothing due to how high his risk factor is and how close he has to get to the enemy. Picking a champion who's consistent is better for ensuring you'll get strong and smash dudes, IMO, hence recommending Vel instead.

(Vel is also more fun to get good at, too - Brand is easier so he may yield more results immediately, but land trickshot skillshots never gets old.)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

I mean I was a Vel main for two seasons, I love that champ, I'm just saying, new Liandry's makes Brand nutso right now.

Wouldn't the same go for Vel too tho? Since his Q slows out of the box and Brand needs a rylai's to get there.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

RealFoxy posted:

I think they've said before the skins team just makes the skins they want now, so that's why some champions get 10 skins a year and some champions get 1 skin in 10 years. Some initiative to get "high quality skins" out of the team because they're more passionate about what they're working on

Somehow it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the skin team is all about the pirate titty

(I'm glad for this, I'm the target audience because I have like 7 MF skins already :shepface: )

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

JerryLee posted:

I mean if she's no more dashy than before then I don't have a problem with it. That wasn't really the impression I got from the video tho

e:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fZiMNo5-uo&t=53s <-- acting as though this is anywhere close to the reasonable number of dashes/dash reset potential her original kit had is pretty silly, imo

She doesn't go dota carry on you with effective CC immunity now, on the other hand

Which is a huuuuge improvement

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Aumanor posted:

Y'know, I'm cutting my lossess and quitting the game. There's not much point in playing a game when your ideal is "every champion is old Ryze" and the devs clearly want every champion to be Yasuo.

This sounds real boring, jesus

'every champion just stands there and runs a noninteractive combo with 0% fail chance on each other'

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Radical posted:

do you think people just didnt enjoy playing the game in season 1 or what

Most champs are more interactive than old ryze was. Even Annie has more play to her than old Desperate Power Ryze.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

thebardyspoon posted:

Xayah's not really "quiet, moody, girl" though, she and Rakan are like an amalgamation of every Joss Whedon character with the snark amped up even more.

And it kinda works for them. The problem is that Kai'sa sounds like Random Joss Whedon Girl #47 too and it just doesn't fit the void survivor idea.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Kai'sa being sexy isn't an issue, the problem is she's the laziest kind of sexy. If Riot really wants to have a titty voidmonster survivor they can do it, but it'd be cool if it was at least a little bit more like this...

Rather than pretty much this but with shoulder mounted rocket launchers and hair dye.

(And Kerrigan's SC2 appearance isn't even as cool as it could be, it's just a whole lot better than the angle they went for with Kai'sa)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

At least Kai'sa doesn't have carapace high-heels.

I think.

She doesn't IIRC - and honestly I don't think I could take that champ even remotely seriously if she did. The Whedon dialog already makes it hard, heels on a venom suit would be the last straw.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

what does this have to do with league of legends !!

You mean he wasn't talking about league when he said this????

quote:

It wasn't super fun, unfortunately. It was challenging and because of that it gave you a nice sense of satisfaction when you reached a nice milestone but it wasn't a particularly fun form of PvP.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Those IE changes are gonna be real interesting - IE + two AS items mean 80% true damage on your crit damage - so if you have say, 200 AD, you'll be hitting for 160 true damage plus whatever physical damage you can deal to enemy tanks, meaning they're gonna pop really hard to ADC autos.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

It lets him run away faster after the fourth shot, as the MS bonuses will stack, more importantly it guarantess his first shot will also be a crit, which is huge for Jhin.

And he can still pop a dancing grenade after his fourth shot for extra damage if needed. But it's definitely more about the critical first shot because that + firecannon range = broken poke.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

curiousCat posted:

Miss Fortune like

I don't think MF cares too much about that one besides CDR? The really money pick for her is stormrazor, especially if they make her first Q hit not consume the crit without doing anything.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

kingcobweb posted:

1% of mana per auto seems huge for corki and kog though

This is from reddit, Lucian with the new ER does in fact seem silly https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zNoyiugLmV0

At long last...after so long...HE'S BACK BABAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAg4y2co01M

(Remember when Lucian could do this? I'm excited for the return of League of Legends' best boy.)

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

lol well I got to ilve the adc fantasy of having a super fed assassin in like 3 games in a row so I couldn't even click any buttons in a fight whoops

I got to play against Leblanc Zed Rengar Vayne once

I'm good on assassins for a lifetime, delete them and force anyone who picks one to play botlane yasuo and hand over free wins

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

morganas q is the most bullshit feeling ability in league i think, the hitbox is bigger than you think it should be, the range is longer than you think it should be, and if it clips you then you have enough time to read war and peace cover to cover

no im p sure the most bullshit feeling ability is lebonk's distortion

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

distortion is really well designed and interesting because of how it puts its cards up. you see where she is blinking, and you know where she can blink back to. the amount of depth the ability has makes it astoundingly interesting and it lets people pull off really flashy mindgames like distorting and then flashing into a bush across another wall backwards or something along those lines

Or it's a double jump forward or back which is outrageously boring and annoying to deal with

It's an ability that would be cool in another kit but not in the one it's actually in.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

When is Riot going to use the NBA connections they have via the lcs to finally create an official NBA jam announcer pack

"IS IT THE SHOES?!" when you get a kill less than two minutes after buying boots :five:

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

also recommended, as the thread knows well:

Miss Fortune Miss Fortune Miss Fortune

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

It's the other way around. MR is much easier to build for ADC than armor. Edge of Night and Maw are both useful and you can grab nullifying orb too if you need it. By contrast trying to survive an angry rengar who wants you dead is just not possible on certain ADCs.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

I thought about it for a bit and there's just no way Pyke isn't broken as gently caress. Like ask yourselves if there's a gank shaco couldn't pull off with a stun and a pull on his kit. Pyke feels like he's gonna break the game by chainganking midlane even if he's a lovely botlaner.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

i seriously have doubts as to the stats that they are working with. i am picturing a guy taking this on udyr and just slaughtering an entire team. going to call shenanigans on these stats -- but more importantly, are we rocking with damage taken off before or after reduction

I checked, the answer is before. So it's way less powerful than it looks since it works off pre-mitigation damage. A level 11 Kayn has 67 armor, so a 200 AD autoattack hits him for 120ish damage. Spear reduces the 200 damage to 170, which then becomes 102. Not nearly as broken as it looks otherwise.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

pog boyfriend posted:

i learned adc in the "4 man diving bot every 3 minutes" meta, and let me tell you: adc is better now than it has been to play in years. only season 2 had the role really be stronger, and that was mostly due to the role being unbalanced

This

Botlane had a period where it was flat miserable to play during the Butt Party era. Nerfing the roam power of mid went a long way towards making it actually fun to play again, and these days ADC is pretty good. Really the only way it could be better is if the class as a whole was overpowered and that's both bad for the game and too much to ask.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Post Mortem: "YOU'RE ALL FIRED!"

Nah but seriously this is one of the most spectacular failures Riot's ever had. You know things went really sideways when they had to hand free skins out.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Pre and postgame chats are now included in reports, praise Riot!

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/8mkh00/league_now_uses_pre_game_and_post_game_chat_when/dzok7nd/

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

So some hotfix changes went out

Banner's garbage now, Kaisa got turbonerfed, Ez got nerfed badly as well, yasuo got buffed

they sure are, uh, a thing

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Hey Mash, you play a lot of MF, does Stormrazor work like I think it does and make any random Q bounce into an autocrit? Because if so that item is even dumber as a rush option on MF than I thought it was (and Stormrazor>Duskblade>LW feels pretty close to a dream build on MF as it is anyway).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

VHGS posted:

Yes, that works.

I need to just start banning rengar by default and playing even more pirate tiddy girl than I do already

that's just disgusting, idk how other champs can deal with getting critted to death if they get anywhere near the creepline