Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Can anyone point me toward a good explanation of how all the new rune/mastery poo poo has shaken up the game for someone who hasn't played since a long-rear end time ago?

It looks really neat but I'm also terrified of trying to do anything at all without the loads of stats from rune pages, especially jungling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Teikanmi posted:

Just go to Lolalytics and copy the highest winrate runes

This site is very useful, thanks.

Does the silver squid discord still get used for people playing this? It looks like a dead chatroom.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jan 11, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Those numbers can't be right for Nunu, there is no way, just casually giving your mid laner a even stronger deathcap which stacks with their deathcap.
Just casually bloodboil karthus and have him requiem to one shot the enemy team, bloodboil literally any poke or pick mage like xerath/lux/zoe/ziggs and just delete anyone who gets hit by anything.

Not to mention Nunu will just slap people to death again with 3 base AD on top of 55 magic damage at 9.

It's capped at 120 AP it looks like? That's not too insane.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fnox posted:

I have no idea why I made a post this long.

I don't either, but it was very informative. Thank you.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

It's a bruiser item, not a melee carry item.

Or at least that used to be the case, they may have changed it drastically again (again again)

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

We need a Star Guardian Jarvan skin ASAP.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Alternatively just play Malphite and wreck the poo poo of dumb adcs forever.

Malphite owns.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gowb posted:

Double relic shield meta actually owns bc you can do ridiculous poo poo like nami/Leona bot lane and win extremely hard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HkH-tEajSg

I'm pretty sure laning against this would make me quit the loving game.

Somebody please do this duo with me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

gowb posted:

Not sure about Nami runes but

Leona takes aftershock, whatever, they both take precision as secondary and get overheal / coup
Both start relic, pots
Leona builds like she normally would and Nami builds ap, skills are as normal. They both start Q then max W-E-Q, I think. The basic combo is for Leona to E in, Q, Nami bubbles right after and they kill that person
It's really fun and really effective, my friend (who is a plat Nami) and I are something like 5 for 5 with this gimmick in ranked flex

In the video Leona maxes Q first but I feel like you could go either way.

E: Here are the profiles for the people in the video:

http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=youtuberella
http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=angelmelly

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Leona is still just as fun and good as I remember, and now with even more wacky support items she can use well.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

So is the FQC active just gone forever now, instead of being moved to another item like was done with other old item changes?

Pouring one out for my spooky ghost bros. :(

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

let's go ardent meta

That's pretty rad. How are you building her?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

When has it not been League of Janna?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Bam this is where I bust in to say that some people aren't really capable of having fun casually with a game because their sense of enjoyment is derived from the pure display of skill in and of itself and from showing everyone how food they are, in league this translate to rank

Magic even has a name for players like that that's used by development, Spike

If your sense of fun is derived from how well you're doing, League of Legends is NOT the game for you. Random team games in general, really. There is virtually nothing you can do to affect the performance of your teammates, especially if you're already tilted from a loss.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

loving disgusting.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

What is amove

Attack move. You press A and click the ground, and it will move you toward that location until something is in range to attack, then you'll attack it. There's a lot more technical stuff you can do with it too, but it's primarily good for chasing into bushes and such.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What the gently caress

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I'd rather have bad looking graphics that are clearly delineated and distinct than fancy blob poo poo that I can't tell from Irelia's rear end.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

He's really old but got a complete rework very recently, which is why he's cheap but also modern and good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Have you ever stopped to consider just how many longswords go into a full Zed build?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Seriously tho who else should I work into my "ah yes I know how to play you" pool besides Tris and MF, maybe Caitlin????

I would play vayne but I auto ban her so it would be pointless

Cait and Ashe are both fairly straightforward to pick up and learn, you might try those. Lucian is also fun as gently caress but much harder and I dunno how good he is nowadays.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Work Friend Keven posted:

varus is twice as strong as any other adc because he’s three gays.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

The AP item changes look rad, I look forward to still being able to build Tear->RoA->AA on Anivia and get a pile of CDR from it too.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Why is nobody talking about how Tracker Knife was straight up removed and Lee Sin will probably be Real Bad since sightstone is gated behind support items.

I know, right? We should be throwing a party.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

I've never understood this. Her cooldowns are enormous. Do you frequently manage to turn it into a Seraph's?

Three spells every 12 seconds is not hard.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Archangels seems a lot better on a lot of characters now and that makes me very happy because Archangels is fun and good.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

https://nexus.leagueoflegends.com/en-us/2018/02/teemos-big-birthday-datapalooza/
HOORAY TEEMO!
H̪͚̣͜Ι̠̤O̙̣͇͙̙̼̲O̥͚̜͉͝R̡̘A̠̤̘̘̭͘Y͓̩̯̜̤ ͕͎̟̜̼͓T̠͈̦̥E̲̜̣E͏̬͙̝̠̞͖̟M͙O͉̣̰̺͕̖̟!͔̫̩̮̼
H̸̴̻̙̦̜̦̤͘͞O̶̟̞̯̥͖̱̺͍͕͖̣̱̫͈͚O̸̸̷̢͔̹̩̭̜̳̪̣̠Ŕ̸̝̮̖̼͘͟͝A̵҉͜͏̰͍̻͍̖̰̳͔̤̺̟Ý̵̢̯͚̳͇͔͈̹̹̳͘ ̶̲̩̪̙̗͟Ţ̵̗̱̩̳̟͉̪̘̗̝̻͓̠́́E̤̖͚̣̕͜͜E̶̲̩̘̼̠̯̹̟̬̹̪̤͜͟͝M̪͖̟̗̮̮̹͉̰̜̜͖̰̩̼̀͜͡Ǫ̘͔͉̙͔͔̫͍̘̲͖̻͙̠̺͓̝͎̕͘!͟͏̹͚̣̗̟̱̮̭Ι̰̯̘

Hell yeah

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Kokoro Wish posted:

I love that a quarter of all Teemo games are played using PTSDmo.

It's only a quarter of all games where a skin is used, which I imagine is a fraction of the amount of total Teemo games. Still rad tho

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I fuckin wish this game had Techies. Riot is too cowardly to even make Teemo shrooms have an upfront damage component

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

pog boyfriend posted:

rubick and meepo would be terrible in league. leagues design philosophy of having cohesive, very synergistic abilities make taking any random ability feel less impactful. meepo would be absolute hell to control, as league has no interest in rts micro and any micro in the game is completely at odds with the games engine and you have to battle just to be able to do simple movement. pugna would be less pugnacious.

i would much rather newer, original characters.

Techies, on the other hand, would be wonderful in LoL.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Being across a wall from somewhere you have no vision to or leading up to when there's a Zed or other dashy assassin is bad, yeah.

Funny video, though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

What the gently caress. How are Zoe and fizz even similar to Draven lol

They're mechanically hard mid characters?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I will ban my pubbie teammates out of dumb poo poo like Support Teemo every single loving time at this point, letting them play it out has never once resulted in a successful game for me.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Power of Pecota posted:

What are some fun gimmick builds right now? I'm planning to mess around with a friend learning the game and want to do something stupid like old AP Nasus or full AD rune + E max pre-rework Sion.

Rageblade Varus, except that it's not actually a gimmick and is the best way to play him.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Cloud Drake's buff changed from [+(25 / 50 / 75) out of combat Movement Speed] to [+(2 / 4 / 6)% Movement Speed, tripled when out of combat]

Some interesting things next patch.

Hell Fuckin Yeah

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cast_No_Shadow posted:

So after 20 garen games I decided to try support (I picked top somewhat randomly and wanted to try each role for a while before settling and now seems as good a time as any).

Played Janna in a normal and I like this playstyle. I'm way to aggressive though and got a bit overwhelmed on everything. Is there any support 101 soloreneckton style streamers for support?

You're already doing at least one part right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrsTE1vpoXM

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Also don't forget

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePQvqw3Yj8s

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VqG3fA7i88&t=527s

This play is :krad:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I played philosopher stone rush clarity+tp ashe mid and nobody could stop me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Taric still only has only two skins, a true tragedy.

And one of them is Legacy, even.