Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
It's a wild world of 70% banrate Ezreal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

EvilElmo posted:

Discord chat is dead.

the chat is very much alive. the invite link might be broken somehow

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

el dingo posted:

Yeah I wasn't talking bout lux in particular. Hats nice and all but honestly manaflow is practically mandatory for laning phase unless you want to flop about auto attacking

Or you can play midlane like before and actually manage your mana instead of blindly spamming spells

on lux you should 100% go Ultimate Hat because you want your ultimate to always be up on her and she doesn't have hideous mana issues lategame anyway.

Manaflow band is best on champions with enormous mana costs that tend to build huge mana pools and so benefit the most from the 8% max mana restoration as well. Like Anivia or Morgana.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Nov 21, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just want to mention that jungle sion is cool and good.
(gifs)

That is some spicy gameplay :discourse:

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

d0grent posted:

Just be khazix

2nd that, Rengar is much more risky and harder to pull off than Khazix.

Also Methanar that is not impressive, you are playing the most broken champion this patch

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Luna Was Here posted:

But Janna tho

i climbed to diamond V when coin had that lovely elixir of skill and ardent censer was unimpressive, so this is factually incorrect

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

This game just happened.

Mordekaiser Yasuo Shaco.

I guess when you pick a bunch of worthless turd champions you hard feed.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Shaco seems okay right now honestly. His early ganks are pretty good with his mixed damage (ad shaco boxes hurt more now) and he transitions well to "erase one person" assassin.

I'm framing it from the perspective that a Shaco player will not do that and instead be a greedy idiot that squanders his lead.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Yasuo actually sucks because he is competing with Shyvana, Irelia, Jax, Udyr, and Xin Zhao, all of whom dick him hard throughout the whole game.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Xayah and Rakan's voice acting is actually good though, they don't strike me as the dredge of Anthony Burch writing.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Nov 30, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
I took Press the attack on MF and just took manaflow and scorch, felt much better. Also flexibile in that it works with both lethality build vs. a full squishy comp or Crit/AS build when there are significant tank threats.

Even if you go full Lethality build AS is still a good stat to have.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Vermain posted:

Morg's previous problem as a midlaner was two things: her waveclear kinda sucked, especially against cannon waves, and her utility in teamfights was almost entirely limited to landing a Q, dropping a Soil, and maybe running in and hitting R if you're feeling spicy. With the changes, waveclear is no longer an issue, and you can get 2-3 Soils rolling easily in larger teamfights, which is devastating against clumped teams.

dude her waveclear has always been among the best in the game, now it's just completely loving broken

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
She is still going to do the same damage with nearly no cooldown, so this does not change a lot about her offense and waveclear. Being that much more fragile will hurt her for sure though.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Servaetes posted:

In this new era of :siren: DIAMOND :siren: players a Janna ban would bring the entire stack to it's knees, man

*locks in Morgana*

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Alris posted:

I mean, it's ok I guess. Not sure I'd actually pick any of them up though.

the veigar skin is really really really good

also, I was the Bard in that game. Klepto with sorcery 2nd (take manaflow and scorch) you do too much damage while also getting health and mana potions constantly in lane. He's super busted and it's trivial getting Frost Queen's Claim and Luden's Echo to just one shot their carries.

How Rude fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Dec 13, 2017

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Teikanmi posted:

I’m a Zyra main who doesn’t buy sightstone ever, get at me nerds, I gotta do damage if none of these fucks on my team can or will :clint:

:thunk:
Zyra sounds miserable to play without having vision of the enemy

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
honestly early FF only matters if your teamcomp is focused on early or midgame winning. if you lose hard to a lategame scaling comp early you hosed up insanely hard and should probably surrender. If your team has a Vayne and Nasus on it then you are probably going to have to give up objectives early in order to maintain enough map control to survive to 40 minutes. If you don't like playing the long game then don't pick hyper scaling lategame champions and if your team does, then join them if you want to win.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
tyler1 is the gross little weirdo tbh, league playerbase are what they eat

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

im the hairy legs

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Lovechop posted:

[wipes sweat off brow] phew, been a tough one running the discord today

lol

edit: I legit appreciate you moderating the discord Luna even if you are an idiot noob feeder.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
how do you possibly die so often on Morgana

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Platinum 2 ranked game support build. Guess the champion.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Rygar201 posted:

JAAAANNNNAAAA

It's Janna

I hadn't backed in 7 minutes while racking up coin assists and had just enough money to purchase a triforce so I obliged the Triforce rule.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

pog boyfriend posted:

somebody fix kevens avatar please

sometimes white noise shitposting doesn't pay

looking at you 80% of the thread

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

let's go ardent meta

I tend to build Ardent Censer last lately unless my ADC is KogMaw

edit: Maybe Twitch

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Ulio posted:

So I was Azir in my last ranked match and had Nunu as my jungler. I was hyped to see the Nunu Azir combo but unfortunately he was too busy w'ing himself and chasing enemies in teamfights. Eh we still won but I feel like it is so hard to have any sort of teamplay in ranked.

The Nunu was a garbage player, plain and simple. Though, Nunu players are by default absolute garbage.

re: Probuilds chat, a lot of the time whatever they build might be in response to what the enemy team has. Too many bad players trap themselves into thinking they have to build a certain build every single game when certain items are more optimal than others. For example, in solo queue I had a feeding Vladimir midlane into the enemy Xerath that refused to build Spectre's Cowl when I told him it would help and instead opted to be worthless by finishing his Frost Queen's Claim asap. When asked why he said "this is what the pros build so I'm building it."

Don't be a goddamn mouth-breather. Use your critical thinking skills. Only the worst players go to shop without thinking about what they need.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
oh certainly build generally what appears on probuilds, just understand the builds can be different from game to game or between players, usually for a specific reason.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Can we loving stop posting like this thread is fyad because it is not, holy poo poo.

Anyway, it looks like Nasus's winrate went from 54% to 48% in a single patch because Klepto + Talisman were that good on him, and now they're both gone. Also rip Ezreal.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
If you really are as skillful as you claim you will climb given enough games are spent. Only advice is for you to look at what you are doing wrong because YOU are the only constant in your games. It's frustrating to have the team that dies multiple times beyond your control, but it happens and you just move on, hopefully learning something from your own play and improving it. No one ever truly masters this game or any competitive game, I'm sure even Faker learns about his own play and mistakes and improves upon them.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I dont claim to "belong in diamond" or whatever, but i can clearly see the most grievous mistakes in the games ive lost werent my own.
Like, my thresh pulling leona on top of me when both of us are at half health, or janna tower diving, midlane lasthitting in midlane while bot+jungle get assaulted at dragon etc.

Ill try this "carry harder" thing people talk about, ill let you know if it works out.

this mentality is a huge trap and part of why you will not progress. like we said, focusing on the mistakes of the 4 random people you get in solo queue isn't going to make you play better, because you cannot control with whom you are matched. you are the only constant factor in your games.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
methanar your boasting is the opposite of amusing

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
every single drake is good because each drake you get powers up the Chaos Dragon buff, which ends games extremely hard if you force a fight with it. like other people said though ocean is the only one that is not worth fighting over if you are at a disadvantage lategame.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Sexpansion posted:

It always pops up, there's like just enough people playing it for it to be on a stats site.

Asol isn't even in the jungle for those recorded games, since he doesn't have smite. He's the midlaner but he roams so often the algorithm decides he's a jungler.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Tristana's one of the better champions this meta so none of your complaints make sense.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

That was actually pretty heartbreaking. :(

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Champion winrate also matters more if the champion with a 55% winrate in question is being picked by 20%+ of players and hitting that 55% winrate mark, or the champion hits a high banrate (something like 40-50%+ banrate in champion select).

Nobody cares if .1% of players pick Mordekaiser and have a 56% winrate because it is highly unlikely for you to run into it. It's one or two players that only play Mordekaiser that are bumping up his winrate.

The 55% winrate Vayne mains that plague every other game if they aren't banned are a real balance issue because it negatively impacts the game when only one champion is so dominant.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Ivern is a jungler not a support, so don't play him in the support role. He doesn't work there.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Mikujin posted:

Nunu mid counters Vayne mid, Keeby can confirm.

lmao

You can do some off meta stuff but don't do poo poo that clearly 100% will not work, like the enemy Master Yi "Support" that went 0/6/0 in lane. I'm fine with stuff like Sion or Lux support because they do have the capacity to be useful.

Ivern support does not have the capacity to be useful because his laning is godawful and his stats are set such that he is much better off killing jungle camps than trying to sponge off a lane that is losing from level 1.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I approve of Mira owning noobs in solo queue gifs. The best content this thread has.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Ez has a 50% win rate and the other two are fine. Don’t suck

Lucian is actually performing exceptionally poorly. His average winrate is below 47% in most ranked tiers.