Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah. so I was just overestimating Kleds ability to go all in since that seems to be his gimmick (and it's worked in a lot of other matchups). Her bullying prowess overpowers his fightiness I guess. So basically, against an Illaoi, if I'm winning the lane or keeping it relatively even it's going to be a very boring game essentially? Fair enough, I guess. Might just be my ban from now on.

It's honestly a waste of a ban, as someone who plays her a lot she feels very weak right now. Just avoid her E and don't get into a duel post-6; as Kled you can actually roam and have CC to do something whereas Illaoi will just push lane and hope people are dumb enough to try and duel her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

wodin posted:

Interesting. I've felt like she's really powerful right now - takes great advantage of Resolve (particularly Demolish), and Triumph+Coup De Grace let her snowball off the win in lane. I'm terrible at the game though, so maybe I'm just too far down and not seeing the downsides.

I haven't tried her with Resolve as a primary rune to be honest because previously I liked playing her with Deathfire Touch and completely demolishing my lane instead. Nothing in the current runeset feels great in terms of curbstomping your lane/junglers which is unfortunate because that's what she is all about; being the tank of your team is painful because she cannot initiate anything and is dependent on a bad enemy engage to turn the tables. In terms of Riot balance she's probably "fine" but she feels pretty underwhelming at the moment.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

rabidsquid posted:

i dont know what the best illaoi keystone is, but i do know this. if you hit someone with e and then punch their ghost it activates klepto.

Yeah I tried klepto and it felt okay? Got a few neat consumables but never felt like I was really pushing ahead.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Sexpansion posted:

Zoe looks like a completely OP champ in the hands of somebody who understands the kit.

Orv posted:

They've already said she's probably due some kind of nerf ("in a month or two") but I hope they don't have to take her apart because I went 1/12/X in my first game with her and it was still the most fun I've ever had champion wise. The kit is just fun.

Sorry but I can definitely see her numbers getting hit soon and possibly further nerfs to her kit once the competitive leagues start up. She's a typical high skill ceiling champ.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

rabidsquid posted:

playing zoe scratches that old itch that nidalee spears used to which is a really binary and sort of dumb play style but also intensely satisfying. i hope they don't nerf her into the ground or change her play style.

She will get destroyed either now or when the first season of pro league comes around. In the right hands she is loving absurd.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I never quite understand what exactly I'd want to replace my starting sums with, I usually start with them for a reason, I can only think of replacing or adding teleport based on how the game is going.

They used it in kespa cup a couple of times; start off with an optimal laning summoner and then switch to TP or something useful later on. Cannot tell whether it's worth speccing into the inspiration runes or not but at least people are trying it out.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Q8ee posted:

just had the most atrocious game. I was Renekton top lane vs Illaoi. she had total lane control, as everytime I'd get close, she'd just whomp the poo poo out of me with tentacles. she'd also grab me (most of which I dodged, but some got me) and easily do 1/2 my entire health in damage whilst I could do nothing but watch. had literally no idea what to do to reassert lane dominance, as she'd burst me so easily. my jungler only came top once and totally whiffed the gank by exposing himself and waddling up whilst she just ran off.

in teamfights, she'd absolutely blitz us all cause she just summons 3 tentacles that whomp all of us into oblivion. though I'll admit, I fed her, but I legitimately couldn't do anything else. she kept pushing me back out of creep xp range, and when I'd initiate 1v1 fights at full health, she'd still come out on top with 5% health left whilst I'm dead.

In the event you do go up against Illaoi as a melee champ again, the key is to keep dodging her E. If she does land it and you have your cooldowns (and she hasn't got tentacles in the area) you should go toe-to-toe with her, especially as a strong early champ like Renekton. The spirit she pulls will dissipate quicker the more hits you land on her.

After 6 a good Illaoi will be trying to land an E at melee range so she can immediately ult and gently caress your poo poo up (you and your spirit count as a separate champions for the purposes of summoning tentacles).

Another good site for tracking champ win rates is https://lolalytics.com.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Vermain posted:

Probably never, but I hope he gets knocked down into near uselessness soon. Probably the hardest snowballing champion in the game right now, and he's an absolute pain in the rear end to ever try and gank with how obnoxious the triple threat of Stopwatch, Spellbook Flash, and Pool are. I recall one of the developers saying that adding him to the game was one of their biggest regrets, because he's been a nightmare to balance ever since his inception.

I think that title goes to the champion remade the most: Ryze.

Vlad is popular in pro play right now so he will get knocked down a peg or two in a patch or two.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Crazy Larry posted:

What would you think if they had reduced the duration of the stasis of the Perfect Timing stopwatch from 2.5 seconds to, for instance, 1 second? Champs that want an item that builds from it would still have incentive to build it, since it's still essentially free gold and reduces the cool down of the final item, without being so attractive to champs that just want it as a free gank escape.

1 second would let you dodge an ult/killing blow and give the enemy less time to group up around while you're in stasis. They need to delete it, proplay is boring as poo poo thanks to it.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Stopwatch mastery on ptr is going from a 6 minute activation to 10 minutes.

They just want to bash that watch with a hammer and seem to regret ever making it.

They're too proud to admit they hosed up, they need to just remove it. Proplay is miserable with its existence.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Invalid Validation posted:

There is basically no reason to use it defensively, it’s fuckin trash and I guess they just don’t want him being a support.

Pro players refused to stop picking him and devour drastically discouraged aggressive plays/champs. It's such an insanely powerful skill, I really wouldn't be shocked to see it turned into an ultimate (and its power changed accordingly) if there was ever a rework.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Thumbtacks posted:

i picked corki top a few days ago as a meme with some friends but i destroyed the lane and ive bene playing it since and he actually kinda...works?

Corki is being flexed between top and mid in pro play right now because he is just that good (100% pick/ban right now). Enjoy it while you can, if pros don't start picking other champs he will get nerfed into the ground before Worlds.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Monicro posted:

I don't say this lightly but honestly they should consider just removing klepto at this point and replacing it with a completely different concept. It's been a balance nightmare ever since the new runes were added and there's only like 2 or 3 champions that use it regularly outside of the aforementioned ranged-vs-melee matchups anyway

The whole inspiration tree has been a balance nightmare, particularly when every pro player was taking it as a secondary and every game had at least 5 stopwatches. Anything that gives extra gold or free items is going to be abused because it either helps you keep up with your opponent if you have less CS or you take over the lane if you break even/beat them in CS.

Back when klepto was called "bandit" it worked fine because it was so far down the utility tree (in the old mastery setup) that only supports ever took it and it was a cute way to get some extra gold.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Sexpansion posted:

aphelios seems like a midlaner tbh

I was about to say this. He scales hard with levels, has a variety of tools for csing and sustain.

He will be trash in solo queue but it will be very interesting to see which pros master him.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Mikujin posted:

He's just being turned into more of a glass-cannon. Base damage across the board is up if you hit things, scaling is stronger. Whether he'll be too fragile early as a result... guess we'll see.

That said, losing auto resets in favor of 60% attack speed on his passive probably hurts his potential as a jungler.

I mean pros haven't played him in jungle for ages now and he didn't pop up in the kespa cup either - I guess people keep trying in solo queue but that doesn't count for much. They straight up do not want to risk him becoming a jungler again because they don't like safe flex picks.

He had a pretty overloaded kit so stripping away the Q slow, E shield and W execute damage should at least make future balancing easier. I think that he will never be a good solo queue pick because as soon as his numbers are even slightly viable for pro he will get picked a lot: being able to steal ults is just way too useful and can even influence drafting to a degree.

Midig posted:

I am looking for a new AP jungler and highly considering Ekko, but looking at other avenues. Nidalee is godlike, but is a real commitment. Elise is nice, but not enough followup in my bracket to be a legit pick I can carry with. Evelynn is also good, but honestly not a fan of her playstyle. Champions I like to jungle with are Volibear, Pantheon, and Graves. But I know I should get at least one dedicated AP champion under my belt.

Riot is real bad with making decent AP junglers for some reason. Karthus and AP Shaco are viable in solo queue as well and might be worth checking out.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Oh. Good. I'm sure we were all asking for ryze buffs

If Ryze isn't pick / ban in every single pro game, everyone should be asking "Where's Ryze?".

Also those Urgot buffs are disgusting, he will probably slide into pro play again once some other tops get nerfed a little more. Kassadin's reign of terror in the LPL will continue for another patch.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.
Yikes I hate everything about this new champion. Both the passive and active elements of that W are absolutely heinous.

el dingo posted:

Its takedown not kill by the look of it

Here is the twitter thread of questions about Akshan to clarify:

https://twitter.com/Damascus_Glenn/status/1412823769786187779

Also he can't revive himself if the scoundrel dies at the same time just after due to the double shot, red buff etc.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Taciturn Tactician posted:

I'm sure there's some other site that has his winrate as higher but this is outlier territory, he's barely picked mid at all.

Lolalytics has a lower winrate for him in mid than sup - even across all ranks (globally) there's like 4k games recorded for this patch.

My joke suggestion for the weird Rakan build guy is to play it as an ADC and get a Yuumi for support so you can make it through your bad early game.

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

If you're willing to use the practice tool for like 30 minutes and look some things up I feel like clearing as most junglers semi competently is pretty easy to learn. Those changes will definitely really help your auto filled jungler not completely mess up I guess though, even if they'll still be really slow

As someone who learned to jungle way back, the skill floor in S12 is low enough for anyone to learn pretty quickly while also having an incredibly high skill ceiling if you want to really optimise your clear or play the more execution reliant champs in the role. I think it's in a decent-ish place overall and all the timers they added have taken a huge mental burden off the role.

These changes straight up suck for everyone from bronze to pro but it's a preseason tradition for Riot to complete gently caress over the jungle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Vermain posted:

i think it's appropriate in this case because, like, 85-90% of the reason that they're hucking yuumi in the garbage is because she is simply too goddamn good when combined with zeri, and even zeri's rework didn't change that

their estimation is probably a twofold A) we don't want pro to be dominated by zeri/yuumi or sivir/yuumi for another full season, and B) we have to fix this champion to future proof it for other champs anyways, since having your design phase be strangled by the everpresent question of, "but are they too good with yuumi?" ain't healthy

As much as she is getting paired with zeri and sivir, it's the fact that the other popular picks so far this pro season are Kassadin, Ryze, K'Sante and Jax who are all extremely strong and become even stronger with her attached. It doesn't matter if you barely limp out of bot lane because if top or mid do well you can just amplify their power and roll over the enemy team.