Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Orv posted:

She's absolutely getting nerfed. Whether it's into oblivion or merely into okay-ness I guess we'll find out.

Depends on how many Ahri mains have to actually try against her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I can solo a dragon as Shyvana even earlier than I can as Warwick, and that's just perverse

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Vermain posted:

Humorously, even Heisendong - probably the world's best Heimerdinger one-trick - agreed that the nerf was justified. Big Bertha basically guaranteed that you won every single 1v2 against jungle ganks if you were even moderately competent at Heimer.

I am a new, self-declared Dongerhonger main and the only reason I'm upset about the nerf is that I didn't realize the big turret was so good

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Radical posted:

they might actually start making targeted spells again.

Ew, please no

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Nunu walks into your lane and doesn't even acknowledge you as the enemy laner runs up and shits into your peehole

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

its curtains for Kevin posted:

They will obviously strip power elsewhere if needed, these are just the new strengths they want to give him so people will pick him for a reason in draft

A better idea; remove Nunu from the game, refund anyone who bought any of their skins and introduce spicy new lore where he died

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I can't wait to go mid as new Swain and get my rear end handed to me by the same four braindead mages that always have and always will

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I feel part of the problem is they overnerfed caitlyn to the point she is by far the weakest adc

They probably wouldn't have had to do this if, like, *gestures at her kit*

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I keep seeing various meta write-ups that say Janna is "good again" and I'm on a journey to discover the lost history of the time when Janna wasn't good

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The Dregs posted:

No champ should be stuck to one role like he is now.

Counterpoint; trying to make characters good at everything is probably the source of a significant number of balance and/or design issues in the game

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

which unique passive would whomp the most if it was not unique?

I've heard legends of Twitch stalking around, invisible, with multiple Sunfire Capes and everyone around him slowly melting

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

remember when they were like Brand does too much damage so we're going to tune him down a bit by giving him an extra passive that makes him do more damage

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

The problem isn't that she's sexualized, it's that the degree of sexualization is both detrimental to her visual design and contrary to already established visual designs for characters from a contextually similar setting. I.e Kassadin has a suit to survive the void and it's a cool bug helmet with tubes and a skirt and it's monstrous and radical. Kai'Sa's void suit in comparison is a purple lycra suit with a plunging v-neck and dumb looking eyeball jets. Why do you even need a cool biosuit like Kassadin's if the void isn't toxic enough to require anything covering your head or most of your torso?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Honestly, what are you even supposed to do against support Fiddle

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

if they dead, they controlled

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I can't wait to do Thresh and Pyke in a lane

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

what do i do in a losing lane as pyke..? weakly throw out tap qs?

probably cc folks

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I've started playing this ranked again and I'm so, so bad

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I feel like my mechanical skills as the champs I play are okay-to-good but my big failing is I basically have no idea what to be doing on a macro scale.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Verviticus posted:

what role?

I queue up as jungler/support.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

had a game where our Lee Sin in jungle was almost certainly a bot and our Ashe had 400ms ping, as she helpfully reminded us every thirty seconds

Riot: "what, you couldn't carry that game as Pyke? -20 LP"

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I hate playing against lee sin but I think it's because I somehow tripped and fell into playing against characters that he specifically shits on

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Elentor posted:

new, very fashionable League of Legends logo.

Graphic Design Is My Passion

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Mystery Prize posted:

Why the gently caress does anyone still play GP?

pirates are really cool

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

the barrels are good and fun mechanically speaking but the whole concept of "you magically summon a barrel full of gunpowder out of nowhere and then you wait a couple of seconds and shoot it" seems silly as heck

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I cannot for the life of me understand the appeal of TFT, but like good for them

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

reminded me of this classic for some reason

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

this is what people who play ryze are shaped like

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Smol posted:

I like the occasional ARAM but I hate how the its playerbase seems to be obsessed with playing ADCs. These triple or quad ADC comps loving suck.

I hate that there are comps in ARAM tbh

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

njsykora posted:

Not entirely sure if he was trolling or just stupid.

what's the difference

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I like URF because when the game is over ten minutes in its actually over and not over-but-I-have-to-play-for-another-half-hour-while-my-mid-calls-me-the-n-word

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

I forgot ocean mode puts bushes everywhere and my colourblind rear end didn't notice the one in dragon pit, so we warded all around and waited for lane to show before starting to take dragon, and the enemy kha'zix just sat in that bush and waited to smite it and it felt so, so bad

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

too busy doing a Fiddlesticks rework that nonetheless keeps the absolute worst part of his kit to fix Tryndamere

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Sexpansion posted:

I have no explanation for this but, anecdotally, it does seem lto me that mage supports are particularly strong in lower elos

as a silver player I can confirm it's because I don't know how to not get hit by brand's spells

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

when morde ults it should restore him and the target to full health, and they both stay in baby jail until one of them is dead

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

when are they gonna rework Azir

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

pog boyfriend posted:

balance nightmare is more relevant than design nightmare. question: say aphelios is too strong. what do you nerf?

-5 MS, obviously

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

does anyone have a map of secret good spots for wards or am I fine to just keep putting them in choke points and at dragon/baron

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Midig posted:

They call it pink wards for same reason anime fans call their shows by japanese names even if everyone else knows it by its english name. Example Shingeki No Kyoin instead of just Attack on titan. It's more important to feel special than to be understood.

the especially ironic thing here is that "Attack On Titan" ended up being a bad translation of the title for really specific reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

Les Affaires posted:

At least once a game as thresh i try and solo bait an enemy to tower dive me until they realise that E/R/Q is instant murder for them. Usually only happens once though.

down here in silver it works every single time