Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Taciturn Tactician posted:

. If you want someone who's very big and chunky

Olaf would like to have a word with you.
Right after Mundo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Rygar201 posted:

Olaf and Mundo are both awesome, but you need to be able to consistently land your skillshot slow/nuke if you want to have a good time

Olafs Q goes through minions though, if you combine that with comet and the slow its got on it, you basically bully everyone out of lane pretty fast even if you miss a few. Especially cause Olafs Q resets (drastically lowers?) CD on pickup.
From lvl 6 onward, both are esentially ungankable.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

duck trucker posted:

Secret Sion strategy: Start with a Doran's Ring, go with his E as your first ability and max it first. Then just scream minions into your opponent and bully them out of lane.

Also I'm a freak who likes to max Olaf's E first. I find better luck just using the true damage to overpower my opponent then landing axes.

Dont forget the comet that automatically hits them cause the axe slows.
But yeah, his E is just so loving satisfying to land...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
wtf is this new swain?
what was wrong with old swain?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

fnox posted:

Sivir is very good again.

Just ban Vayne though.

Its so painful though when i pop spellshield and the idiot enemy misses me with his skillshit.
Like, dude, i need some mana here, can you be not poo poo for once?

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

thats why you only reaction spell shield my dude

Im too old for this kind of reaction.
Not gonna russian roulette a blitz-Q.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Coin builds into clickable speedboost for your team, maybe thats it?

Also, why do i get laughed out of lane for starting relic shield+pot, is it THAT bad?
I mean its not like dorans is the finger of god either.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

It no longer has a speed boost.

wow, so whats it good for then?

Looks like were back to doranpot then? It was so nice to see some change for once...

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have seriously no idea what to do anymore.

Everytime i climb up, someone somewhere flips a switch and the united retard federation is seated in front of pcs and hardwired into my games.
I swear to god, i dont see how i could save games in which top and bot feed their face off, an ahri does 1000 damage during the entire game, kogmaw goes 0-3 against vayne in 7 minutes, janna dives a leona and the entire team focusses galio over twitch.

What am i to do?

I decided to focus on botlane, as jungling for randoms gives me cancer, toplane means i get deleted by an overfed carry midgame, and midlane just doesnt suit me in any way.
I really try to get adc, ususally vayne or fortune, or Leona when i get filled as support.
I had 75% winrate up to today morning, then lost 8 in a row, and i honestly cannot see how a single one of the games was my fault.
I won my lanes pretty consistently, but people go solo jungle at minute 40 or dive 1v3 at any given opportunity, dont follo wdragon or tower calls and generally i am left with a feeling of utter despair as i cannot fathom how i was going to get anything done in that mess.

If there is anything i can do, i will, but tell me what.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I dont claim to "belong in diamond" or whatever, but i can clearly see the most grievous mistakes in the games ive lost werent my own.
Like, my thresh pulling leona on top of me when both of us are at half health, or janna tower diving, midlane lasthitting in midlane while bot+jungle get assaulted at dragon etc.

Ill try this "carry harder" thing people talk about, ill let you know if it works out.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

How Rude posted:

this mentality is a huge trap and part of why you will not progress. like we said, focusing on the mistakes of the 4 random people you get in solo queue isn't going to make you play better, because you cannot control with whom you are matched. you are the only constant factor in your games.

my most recent game, what could i have done better:

My support "cant play support" gets jungle instead, picks udyr, walks into detected invade at 1:20 despite 1 zillion pings not to go there.
Braum catches 3 thresh hooks because he has not grasped the concept of staying behind minions and dies every time.
Udyr comes bot and both tresh and tris flash flee with 10% health, he dives them with 20%, dies under tower, blames me for not diving with no flash and out of range.

Pretty much game over by then, team is 1-13 at 7 minutes. Udyr 0-3 and Braum 0-6. Tristana has 8 kills and first tower falls.
We fail ff15 cause trolls gonna troll, they kill nexus while im typing this up...

e: sorry if i sound snappy, but im starting to get severely frustrated

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 28, 2018

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

rabidsquid posted:

honestly this is the best league of legends related advice you can get. i could say something like "rank isnt real and doesnt matter so dont sweat it" but fundamentally if you aren't enjoying playing dont play. or dont play ranked. but also ranked really isnt real so like, just have fun

I dont get how this was deducted from my posts?

i DO like the game, else i wouldnt be pissed at other people deliberatly ruining my experience in it.
If i didnt like it, i just wouldnt play it.

If you want madness in your posts, how bout this: I climbed to where i was with 85% winrate over 2 days only to fall back where i started with 90% lossrate.
Im not even mad, i just dont understand how this can be happening.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
remove all clickable items imo, let champions act through their skills

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Killed By Death posted:

Bronze is the bottom 25%~. The next 50%~ are silver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoydH5t6PVg

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I do not know how much sanity is left in this near empty shell after another weekend of ranked.
I got initially placed in S5, got as high as S2 and am back to S5 after a good 10 losses in a row.

I just dont know what to do anymore, it seems whatever position i take, its just not enough to give 200% as somewhere is someone who appearently plays with a steering wheel.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
What keeps me in silver?
Im asking myself, no doubt.

I stand by my claim of not being "good" or whatever, but heres what i regularily encounter:
All 3 lanes crying for ganks simultaneously, anyone who doesnt get ganks blames me for dying,
Constantly crying for ganks everywhere and then blaming my CS fo them dying,
Top feeding trynda 5-0 and going afk,
bot having 2 adcs and going 4-0 by 3 minutes,
bot having double smite for fast wave pushing,
mid trundle cause "gently caress your meta",
dying to enemy jungler at blue while bot farms grompf,
going for adc while team focusses mundo,
seeing 3 wards in game, 3 of which are mine,
no communication apart from "omg noob" and "stop feed pls" whjenever someone as much as dies once.

Im still not claiming to be diamond or whatever, but i dont see myself in S5 either.
S2 felt better if still not right, i dont even know if i should be G5, but judging from the other 9 people in my S4-5 games i dont see myself and them on the same level of skill.

Id really love to get some kind of tryout for G5 or something, just to see if i would fit or not.
I imagine once you crawl out of the sewage of the low divisions the game becomes enjoyable again, but atm im completely burnt out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Please reflect on the following information before implying that somehow you are a faultless messiah, unfairly shackled in the awful coffin of silver where almost half of all players reside anyway

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

Did you actually read any of what i said or are you just talking down from your high horse cuase you like reading your own words?