Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What the hell is up with Illaoi? She just seems almost impossible to fight at all, I'm trying to learn Kled right now and in this game just now, she absolutely wrecked me and I couldn't figure out how to get her, got an executioners calling and it didn't seem to impede her crazy healing at all. Anyone got tips for Kled in general, I've been having some really great games but also a few really bad ones like that (singed also hosed me up earlier but he's always been a champ I have trouble against).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Yeah. so I was just overestimating Kleds ability to go all in since that seems to be his gimmick (and it's worked in a lot of other matchups). Her bullying prowess overpowers his fightiness I guess. So basically, against an Illaoi, if I'm winning the lane or keeping it relatively even it's going to be a very boring game essentially? Fair enough, I guess. Might just be my ban from now on.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Xayah's not really "quiet, moody, girl" though, she and Rakan are like an amalgamation of every Joss Whedon character with the snark amped up even more.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Mar 21, 2018

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Any tips for new nunu? Jungling is the last of the roles I haven't done very much at all and I want to learn to play it and this rework seems quite fun.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
One of my buddies played Malz with Dark Harvest, at the end of the 30 minute game it had done 7000 damage and he was deleting the entire enemy team with his dots and ult. Seems like they may have overlooked some aspects of it maybe?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Smol posted:

500 more tokens for that Akali skin... :sweatdrop:

I got the stupid pass and am pretty much nowhere near getting it. Feel pretty stupid tbh, I figured spending money on the pass would guarantee you'd get it with a relatively normal amount of playing since it costs about what a skin of that caliber generally costs. Guess I might just need to do an entire day or two of games or something.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Firebert posted:

Kayle is...I have absolutely no idea what is going on with her ult

Looks like it just does a big aoe damage around itself when it runs out. Maybe it does more the more damage she would have taken while the bubble is up? So you can like, purposely walk in aoe and stuff to make it do more damage.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If both teams pick him in an all for one mode by sheer chance, I wonder if just gets nothing.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They do blue essence sales every so often, they've done at least 3 since they introduced blue essence as a thing I think. During that you can get chromas for 2000 BE each, it's not all of them though, usually ones that have come out in the last 6 months or so aren't available. There's some other poo poo you can buy usually, gemstones, icons and a Warwick skin that costs like 150,000 BE.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
To be fair most skins are pretty divorced from the base skins theme, that's kind of the point of a skin. Base Kai'sa did have a very dull design to what she should have had though, you're right.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ok anyone got any tips for this new game mode? I'd managed to avoid the whole auto chess genre for a long time but now it's in League and my usual group of game playing friends have started playing it to the exclusion of everything else and I am loving dogshit at it. Keep getting knocked out and then basically just having to watch everyone else play for like 20 minutes which is the opposite of fun.

All the guides I got when I searched while at work today were from when the game first released and were already full of jargon that seemed like you needed to know the genre very well. The search engine I am corporately mandated to use is really crap though so that might be why I was getting served very old guides.

The other day I managed to almost pull it back from being the lowest the whole game, my Swain had managed to kill everyone on my mates board but time ran out right when he was about to kill his last guy while Swain was at full health so that was a draw.... that still ended with me dying which was very frustrating and seemed like horseshit to me.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

pog boyfriend posted:

econ: economy, when used in tft it usually means "save your money" as every 10 gold gives you 1 income.
tribes/synergies: having fiora, lucian, and garen is 3 nobles for instance. noble here denotes a tribe or a synergy. technically they are called origins/classes but nobody says this. people will talk about stuff like "void 3 assassin" which means 3 void units(usually cho gath, kassadin, and kha zix) and three assassins.
(lose/win) streak: when you lose or win games in a row you get a bonus income. the lose streak helps you catch up, in addition with tanking your health so you get first pick at the carousel.
fast (x): what level to go for as fast as you can. this means saving gold to spend it all on a level up. for instance, fast 4 means you spend 4 gold at the beginning to hit level 4 and field four units.
level X/X star: when referring to units, this refers to their star level. i denote this as "2*" or "3*" to save time as a shorthand. please use "X star" instead of "level X" to avoid confusion with the player level. you might also see "bronze/silver/gold"
cost/tier: when referring to unit, this refers to how much they cost. high cost units require a higher little legend level to purchase.

Yeah all the tribe and synergy stuff came to me pretty quickly cause that's poo poo I'm used to in games. The economy, picking heroes and knowing when to pivot stuff though, that is very helpful, that feels more like a card game or something which explains why they've all taken to it pretty well while it's basically numberwang to me.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
New Panth seems fun, wish I could pick the direction I come in from with the ult like a Victor E or rumble ult. Would let you come from behind an enemy team and smash through them toward your own team. I guess you can do that you just have to behind the enemy team when you initiate the jump.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They should make a spaceship skin for yuumi where she’s a little pod thing like in R type or something when you attach to a friendly champ.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I liked that pirate mode on SR that had the weird new items and minions you could hire that were completely different.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Somebody in this thread once suggested Kog should be able to slide down his E like a slip and slide and I think that idea needs to be revisited.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I do not like what they have done with Volibear, obviously I am quite bad at this game but he seems not very fun or good and not much like the old Volibear. Seems a lot like the Aatrox rework to me, where I actually sorta liked the old champ despite the masses apparently not and the rework just does nothing for me. I can't see the Volibear rework being repeatedly nerfed like Aatrox was though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I can't parse it easily, does it look like the ranged/melee autos she can do depending on distance to the target count as different for the purposes of raising her rank or not?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I got the pulsefire ezrael like two days before they made that change. Emailed support asking if they could just redeem it but nah apparently. Wasn't too fussed cause it's not a particularly great skin really.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Ah, so that's where Volibears flip went. She looks fun, hopefully she's less bullshit than Samira who is a champ I really enjoy playing but the rest of my group hates so they either ban her or I get to play her but they constantly say "oh my god what a bullshit champ" when I do well on her which puts a bit of a damper on games.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Anyone played the new character in regular league? I saw her in two games the night she came out and she didn't do much but you quite often see that with new champs if they aren't nutso broken while people figure them out.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
They're probably still figuring that sort of stuff out since it's barely in the conceptual stage at this point. I'd hope it's going to be trying to be something a little different design wise. In the group discord my friend group uses, there was some excitement about the news today, they're all super into league but have varying degrees of other videogame experience and have never gotten into an MMO. I was saying that I really hope it doesn't have the dps/tank/heal trifecta stuff cause if we do end up wanting to play it it'd suck if we feel obligated to play a certain class or way to be good as a group.

Personally I'll just be happy to explore the League world in your typical MMO style if it has the areas they've described in the lore but produced with the dollars Riot can probably bring, just don't want to have Jinx telling me to collect 10 red minion arses to get a purple dorans blade of the whale..... unless that is a joke quest they have you do in some area of the game, once.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Dec 18, 2020

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm sitting on 160 prestige points but I don't play any of the champions with prestige skins all that much, so I'm thinking of picking up a grab bag.

That limited time Senna skin though....

They're extending them out to May this year and adding some more skins in between now and then so may want to hang on to 100 in case they add one for a champ you do play. Just in case you thought they were ending in January like they usually have done.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/LeagueOfLegends/status/1346897118737231873

Looks like Skarner, Nocturne, Shyvana, Quinn and Udyr reworks on the way, guessing Mundo's VGU is done and will be on the PBE soon

Wasn't expecting Skarner but he desperately needs a revert if not a complete retooling

This is the first slate of reworks where I'm not particularly invested in any of them (apart from Mundo, who as you say is almost assuredly finished) so I can just look forward to playing the new ones and not missing the old ones.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Isn't he working on the supposed Diablo style game they're making? That could be kind of cool, the enemies in a PVE style game can't feel like poo poo when you style on them with utterly bullshit moves.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Biplane posted:

I just bought a kickin rad rainbow chroma for my papercraft Anivia for 2000 blue essence! it's a steal!!

Hmm, are different chromas available for blue essence in different regions? That one is only available for RP for me, a shame, I'd definitely have grabbed that one.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I figured the new champ would have an electrical field or something, sorta like a sunfire but with the tick rate affected by attack speed or some such nonsense.

I want an ADC that's a tank, like the vehicle, not the role. Just pootling around, shooting stuff with a big cannon. Preferably haunted by ghosts or driven by a crew of the melee and caster minions maybe (they're getting their revenge!). If they need it to have a sexy anime lady factor it could have a lady drawn on it I guess.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
It's on steam in the UK at least, probably just gonna take a bit on the various console storefronts. Curious how it is, I didn't play Battle Chasers but it always looked pretty good and reviewed well if I recall, shame that this surprise release means there's not many reviews or impressions yet.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Vermain posted:

Overall, if you like JRPGs or League, I'd say it's worth a pickup, especially since it's priced very reasonably for what it is (about $40 CDN).

Cheers for this, if you don't mind me asking, what platform are you on? Think this might be a good switch game if it performs well.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
The picture of Kai'sa in that link somebody posted up above, https://universe.leagueoflegends.com/en_US/champion/kaisa/ The main image for her looks different from how she usually looks, is that a part of the tease for this new champ or potentially a visual rework thing? She's got like a weird tentacle eye glass thing and some extra claws, if they'd had that as part of her design originally that definitely would have made her seem more thematically interesting rather than just a lady in a skin tight bodysuit with some bio weapons hanging off her.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I mean if they did Braum, Renekton, Mordekaiser and Illaoi each as Lux as a full skinline that'd be pretty funny at least.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Just seems to be what the halloween skins are now, they at least did those other spooky themed ones last month that were a bit different. I preferred the old ones where you got 3 or 4 different weird ones though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

curiousCat posted:

y'all know they make Bewitching and then also other halloween skins right??? The new Fright Night skins that are in the shop right now???

Yeah that's this year, the last few years they didn't bother with other ones. The Fright Night ones won a vote as well I think so they just timed the release of them to Halloween cause that worked.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I'm hoping to convince some of my lapsed League playing friends to get back in with this. I think interest was waning right around when they did the big item rework at the end of... 2021 was it? People seemed generally a bit tired of the game with the last few champs at the time not hitting for most of the group, I liked the DMC ADC lady but everybody else hated playing against her for example. Then the item rework proved the perfect jumping off point cause nobody wanted to kinda, relearn the game/jungle/all the other stuff.

A couple of them have expressed missing it but then they've also all started playing Valorant as well and we've now got a couple people who will play Valo but won't play League so I dunno, maybe Riot killed their own game for my group but gave them a new game. Just a shame it's one I enjoy a lot less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
To be fair, they did feel some pressure to put out a statement last year saying "hey, sorry for the impression that League isn't a priority anymore" so rightly or wrongly, someone having that perception was on their radar. I feel like they've kinda made a good case for showing that they've turned that around if it was the case as well though.

I think they said they weren't going to be talking about the MMO anytime soon relatively recently as well. Probably they have spent a lot of whatever pre-production period it's had so far honestly trying to work out if a new WoW/FF14 like can even possibly compete or if they need to do something completely different and what that'd even look like, you'd hope they'd be past that point by now but maybe it is a very hard thing to figure out, there's a lot of "what not to do" examples sitting around as well.