Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

you don't 1v1 (or 2v1) illaoi because she's a heimer-style lane bully. if you opt into a fight against her you've already lost the matchup

e: calling heimer a lane bully is extremely generous and mostly wrong but illaoi actually is and shares the same "don't gank after 6" basically

thebardyspoon posted:

Yeah. so I was just overestimating Kleds ability to go all in since that seems to be his gimmick (and it's worked in a lot of other matchups). Her bullying prowess overpowers his fightiness I guess. So basically, against an Illaoi, if I'm winning the lane or keeping it relatively even it's going to be a very boring game essentially? Fair enough, I guess. Might just be my ban from now on.

anti-magic posted:

It's honestly a waste of a ban, as someone who plays her a lot she feels very weak right now. Just avoid her E and don't get into a duel post-6; as Kled you can actually roam and have CC to do something whereas Illaoi will just push lane and hope people are dumb enough to try and duel her.

this is silly. she can be killed at any point - her ult basically forces her to fight in a camille style box without anything preventing you from walking away. if she ever misses her grab, gently caress her up. when she ults, just dont get hit by the tentacles. you can accomplish this with a tiny amount of awareness and walking completely unimpeded to the side. she has no cc except when her grab procs

the 2v1 advice has a bit of merit - your jungler is probably too stupid to do the above, so he'll heal her and die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
thats a lot of words to say that you're a dota player

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i agree with king cobwebs conclusion that janna players are inferior

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Hashtag Yoloswag posted:

while writing that post i def thought "this is probably not a question i should answer bc i havent played top in forever"

speaking of weird unreadable champions, im pretty sure illaoi is at the top of the list. id be surprised if any single person could list her entire kit's rules from memory

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

nunu and aatrox should not be on that list

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

kingcobweb posted:

Nunu ult is difficult to use, but it owns when you actually pull off a full channel.

you make a persuasive argument that nunu needs to be removed from the game. i agree with you

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

eat poo poo motherfucker vayne

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

poo poo on all vaynes and by extension all adcs because she is representative of the people that play that fouled role

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I want to know how this happened.

everything is in the gif, really. vayne was like 5/2 and i was 2/3/8 or something. she had two items and i had a FH and an aegis

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

nice kill yash

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Tri Force and hydra work better on xin than quite possibly anyone

jax

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i love this patch, i like the snowballing, leona should be able to solo whoever she drat well wants. nerf ezreal i guess

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Ah drat I'm pissed!

youd have to play teemo to know that and i sure as hell am not playing a full game as "teemo"

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I appreciate that as much as Kevin has strong mannerisms that he includes for humor he is still absolutely deadpan about not playing teemo and i resonate with this

kevin is pro-teemo

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

every game i go free boots and free stopwatch i do exceedingly well without really attributing it to anything that im actually doing in game. i feel like they're both going to have to get nerfed somehow, even though i cant point at them directly and go "there, look at that!"

though i have to admit, especially on a character like darius or fiora or any strong laner that builds a phage, being able to walk into lane and know "in exactly 50 seconds i can gently caress this dude up because im going to have like 80 movespeed on him" is a really enjoyable feeling

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i played a literally hour long bot game the other day because people kept feeding a jinx

it was misery

what were you playing that you couldnt just end the game at 10 mins

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

JuniperCake posted:

60% isn't unprecedented. I'm pretty sure there was a variation of skarner that hit 65% for a while.

quinn was literally the top winning champ in every single role at one point

i feel like graves was 4/5 at one point too

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

the game is more fun when yasuo is good

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Teikanmi posted:

Apdo
KR server
27 days
Silver 3 0LP to (as of this moment) Diamond 2 57LP

http://www.op.gg/summoner/userName=newzhongdan

We're all knuckle-dragging dirt eaters compared to this dude

hes a loving jerk

trying to ignore that you're more likely to have the problem player manifest on the other team cause theres 5 of them and 4 of your teammates, id still rather have mobi zeals rammus randomly ruining 100 loving games than a pro smurf

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Mikujin posted:

He does this far better at level 3 when you have all three buttons to push.

Aatrox, in general, is pretty good at being a fight man in top lane. He's got some noticeably bad match-ups, though.

Including this laundry list of champions:

Aatrox's whole schtick is that he is much worse melee version of Vladimir who attacks you really fast when he wants to all-in you. Fortunately for literally anyone who has to lane against him, this means that for a simple 1K investment they can become utterly immune to all the poo poo Aatrox wants to do to you.

Don't get me wrong, though - Aatrox is fun, and I've definitely got more than a few wins with him (recently, even!) in ranked going topside. But literally every win is against a top laner who didn't build bramble vest, and every lane loss is against someone who did.

bring back old aatrox

Mikujin posted:

His numbers and kit are still really unimpressive for a top lane fighter/bruiser, and far and away his biggest issue is still his passive needing to stack to 5 (which you only do quickly by landing Q/E/R on three people).

having a w stack is an OK way to do it as well

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Dec 19, 2017

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Rygar201 posted:

People are frequently very dumb about defensive itemization. I've played mostly normals this pre season and I'm frequently stunned by people resolutely not building Armor against a team with two people stacking lethality.

ehhhh, if you think you're better than the other players, it makes sense to always go for broke. if im against people i dont really respect i think, well anything i do im going to do first and i dont want them to fight back

as your skill equalizes with your competition you're going want insurance on them getting the first move in

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

i dont really know how to make the new one work, but the old one i just split pushed like i was on tryndamere - a bit weaker than trynd is at that, with the caveat that you can always initiate a teamfight if it comes to you

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

Every God Forsaken Noob Of The Earth: Play Quinn or Riven top every game gotta carry folks wow great split push

Keven, Warrior of Truth, Man of Honor, Champion of All People of Runeterra:

coward gently caress

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

el dingo posted:

Also benign chains appear on your screen to remind you that you've been smooshed into nourishing nutrients by Urgot, the delightfully friendly local butcher

the screen effects like that are loving awful and i wish you could turn them off

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

doesnt help aatrox that they decided drain tanking wasnt fun or was antifun or some buzzword so they worked on making it not viable

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

jarvans whole thing is about slaying big monsters of course he'd struggle against small birds

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

njsykora posted:

I perfectly flashed a J4 ult yesterday and it got me rock solid. Then I got deleted by the Jax I flashed into.

this should be the only thing you get to experience as an adc and then the game ends

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Elephunk posted:

they might as well, targeted spells already draw tower aggro which as someone coming from DotA feels weird and awful already

what on earth

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Radical posted:

yes that was my point, that other targeted spells will also work like that now.

i cant wait for pantheon to stop existing!

its a bad change

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

yeah but ardent censer was usually built on champions that did poo poo. blood boil requires you to have a nunu

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

why on earth is it useful to say that ap can be multiplied by deathcap

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Because it's supposed to be capped at 120, but most mages build deathcap and can just go beyond what they are supposed to get from it.

how is this different than literally any other item or source of AP. like why would you look at nunu and go OH poo poo DEATHCAP but not for, say, anything else

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Because there isn't any other character handing off 120 AP in stats to a second character right now.

I'm not sure what your trying to get at or why it bothers you I brought up deathcap relating to nunu's new thing.

it’s just not a meaningful point or criticism. it actually makes it harder to gauge the impact of a change if you filter it through that conditional. that’s why i asked why you said it, because it didn’t seem useful - any more so than saying rylais offers 101AP

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Here are a few things I've experienced the last few days while bouncing between d2 10 lp and d2 80 lp trying to hit d1 that I want to share to get off my chest.

Two enemy team xerath's and a zoe using scripts.
A support xerath on my team that ambushed the support nami at lvl 6, he died 1vs1 with the nami still at 100% health, he ended the game with less damage dealt as full selfish items vs the full support active nami.
A team that was 3 or 4 people autofilled or secondary positions with nearly everyone swapping roles to accommodate, it didn't work out well.
Another game with a guy autofilled to support, he intentionally fed and was level 4 15 minutes in.
Multiple lanes that show no reaction while farming to the enemy jungler walking over wards and scuttle vision and ignore multiple danger pings on the jungler and themselves who then die to that jungler and then type up rants about how much better and fed that jungler is.

There is no rating high enough to escape elo hell.

elo hell is the belief that you deserve an experience that positively differs from the norm (4 feeders and one inter per game, every second game is 74 minutes long) and elo heaven is the realization that these things are fun

edit: yknow i haven’t seen scripters for ages, you’re positive you had that many? i wonder if there’s a new thing

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Sion is a 1350BE tanky tank that is all about the burst damage and peeling your squishies and is satisfying to charge a Q over someones head and has decent engage in his ult and E, he can go in lane and jungle, even mid if you don't mind your team thinking your trolling.
Malphite for more burst damage and power loaded into the R and the ability to walk all over the all too common full AD teams.

Buy up all of the 450BE champs, most of the 1350 champs.

Illaoi is fotm, winning or losing her lane is also entirely decided at champ select, you pick something that can deal with her or you don't deal with her, she trashes melee, gets kited by ranged who just hit her outside of her death fortress of tentacles.

ehhh, plenty of fast attacking melee characters can deal with her reasonably well. melee + mobile is the best option, really. when she ults, walk away, and gently caress her up when its over

the danger is falling behind enough that she can bully and fight you without threat of ulting you. you're hosed at that point

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

it feels a bit worse on trynd because some of his lane power comes from hitting creeps to charge rage and if you clear the wave really quickly with non-contributing aoe damage you're just throwing a bit of that away. similarly, this is why a bunch of attack speed feels really good on him, especially early

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

Addamere posted:

Twice this weekend 3 people fought over who was supposed to be mid and all refused to budge or dodge so we ended up with 3 people mid all spamming pings and demanding in all chat that everyone report the other two.

Second game that happened was a draft pick, so I joined them and we had 4 people mid doing nothing. :buddy:

i don’t think these happened

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

im honestly happier just assuming you were making it up tbh

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

The Shortest Path posted:

In the video Leona maxes Q first but I feel like you could go either way.

E: Here are the profiles for the people in the video:

http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=youtuberella
http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=angelmelly

i enjoy that they appear to be playing against supports that are afk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

have you seen my baby posted:

Speaking of denying last hits in dota, this actually IS a mechanic in League and it's called the enemy turret. If you can win fights against your opponent but don't have kill pressure, shoving the lane and forcing your enemy to compete with their turret for last hits can build you a sizeable gold advantage

at some point players learn how to get every last hit at their tower or they dont get very far. that said, if you have kill pressure on someone, actually waiting until you build a wave and killing them under their tower/just before it gets there is the more reliable way to accomplish this