Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/marilynmanson/status/932508523115753472

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_end
May 17, 2014
In three days he will rise again.

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
I remember when he was a young kid singing oom bop, but this says he was in his 80s????

How can this be? What year is it?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

ScratchAndSniff posted:

I remember when he was a young kid singing oom bop, but this says he was in his 80s????

How can this be? What year is it?

He had progeria. Tragic

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Ted Cruz had a rough 2016, but at least 2017 got rid of some of his competition

Lemon
May 22, 2003

who was the last real big serial killer you guys had that left a big impression on society? Have they just been replaced by terrists now?

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

There was a lot of coverage of btk I guess

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Never heard of him until now. Maybe we just stopped being as interested in them across the pond?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The fact is there are probably lots of serial killers out there, they just cross a lot of state lines so no one puts it together.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Kinda bummed he didn't outlive Roman TBH.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

genesplicer posted:

Years ago there was a false story circulating that the reason he hated Hollywood was that he resented the fact that he auditioned for and failed to get a role on the Monkees.

That would have made his story that more more interesting.

The Hollywood history podcast You Must Remember This did a 12-part series on him that really good. I don’t recall anything about the Monkees specifically but he was an aspiring musician and that really didn’t work out to well.

Honestly, it sounds like if we just let deranged psychos do art stuff then they maybe don’t go on to start cults or wars and things.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

It Isn't fair

That's the last time I'm zooming into that loving lich face.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Lemon posted:

who was the last real big serial killer you guys had that left a big impression on society?

I hear there's a guy named Fentanyl that's been pretty active lately.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Honestly, it sounds like if we just let deranged psychos do art stuff then they maybe don’t go on to start cults or wars and things.
No war but the class war.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Vakal posted:

I hear there's a guy named Fentanyl that's been pretty active lately.

Huh.

Ironically he sounds like a guy who would narc on his dormmate for shmokin weed

chimi changa
Sep 23, 2017
Out of his 3 girls, Leslie is the only one who was remotely good looking, the other 2 were homely af

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
thoughts and prayers are with marilyn. rip chuck

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

chimi changa posted:

Out of his 3 girls, Leslie is the only one who was remotely good looking, the other 2 were homely af
With deprogramming, a healthy diet, some sun, and some makeup they would all meet your standards.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

chimi changa posted:

Squeaky was cute af

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Too bad he didn't get Polanski too though eh

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

COMRADES posted:

Too bad he didn't get Polanski too though eh

great movies tho

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Lemon posted:

who was the last real big serial killer you guys had that left a big impression on society? Have they just been replaced by terrists now?

I dunno, I guess it's hard to compete for the public's attention with your 3-4 victims when we regularly have mass murderers killing 10-20 in an hour.

The recent serial killings in Tampa have gotten a couple minor stories over the past 2-3 months, but overall haven't gotten that much attention because it's a black male targeting other blacks in low income neighborhoods and that doesn't sell newspapers.

chimi changa
Sep 23, 2017

mind the walrus posted:

With deprogramming, a healthy diet, some sun, and some makeup they would all meet your standards.

Yeh if Susan Atkins had shaved her stache she mightve gained a point or 2 in my book. I don't think anything's fixing krenwinkels grill though

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

chimi changa posted:

Yeh if Susan Atkins had shaved her stache she mightve gained a point or 2 in my book. I don't think anything's fixing krenwinkels grill though

heh get her on some kind of Atkins diet then talk to me, the pig

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
A Good Read tying manson to contemporary right wing spree killers

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/opinion/charles-manson-counterculture.html

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dyna Soar posted:

A Good Read tying manson to contemporary right wing spree killers

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/opinion/charles-manson-counterculture.html
Good read, with good points.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

TOOT BOOT posted:

The recent serial killings in Tampa have gotten a couple minor stories over the past 2-3 months, but overall haven't gotten that much attention because it's a black male targeting other blacks in low income neighborhoods and that doesn't sell newspapers.

link

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah, spree killers, be they terrorists or not have taken the spotlight. i guess people getting gunned down randomly during the day evokes more fear than a buncha prostitutes or other night crawlers getting butchered and dumped in a ditch.

i mean guys like the long island serial killer get minimal press despite being hugely profilic and modern in that he uses craigslist to hunt his victims

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 21, 2017

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Dyna Soar posted:

yeah, spree killers, be they terrorists or not have taken the spotlight. i guess people getting gunned down randomly during the day evokes more fear than a buncha prostitutes or other night crawlers getting butchered and dumped in a ditch.

i mean guys like the long island serial killer get minimal press despite being hugely profilic and modern in that he uses craigslist to hunt his victims

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

This one is def some crazy conspiracy poo poo my money's on the police chief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
RIP Manson, crushed by a giant gun. Testament to firearm violence in the USA.

• Locked thread