Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
RIP

I would never have wanted to meet the guy but he's inspired a bunch of my favourite music, books and movies. The dark side of the hippie movement is very intriguing.

Also I'm a serial killer & strange cult nut. Manson was honeslty nothing compared to some of the more succesful cult leaders. He was a burned out hippie with a sinister edge who mostly just wanted to bang chicks and play the guitar, not some kind of a criminal mastermind or the embodiment of evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

i mean quite a few serial killers are strange cult nuts, you're nothing special dude

i don't aim to be, i just wanna have fun

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Wamdoodle posted:

It took me a minute to parse this and I thought you were admitting to being a serial killer.

:smugdon:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
the jig is up, to the murder mobile!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Jose Mengelez posted:

his only crime was caring too much.

ATWA lives on!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

i like that posted:

Ofc course he was a criminal mastermind and evil. He got others to kill for him and sought to frame black ppl for murdering these well-off whites to start a race war. If only he had grown up w/ economic opportunities he could have made it to director of the cia :(

his crimes pale in comparison to most other high profile cult leaders and serial killers. low death count, low number of followers and a relatively short reign. he was a gently caress up, both in the eyes of society and among his peers.

only reason he's remembered is sharon tate and his continuing antics behind bars.

that said, ATWA and his music is pretty interesting stuff. he's like the retarded little brother of unabomber. instead of writing a manifesto, he draws a buncha trees and animals with crayons.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
A Good Read tying manson to contemporary right wing spree killers

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/20/opinion/charles-manson-counterculture.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
yeah, spree killers, be they terrorists or not have taken the spotlight. i guess people getting gunned down randomly during the day evokes more fear than a buncha prostitutes or other night crawlers getting butchered and dumped in a ditch.

i mean guys like the long island serial killer get minimal press despite being hugely profilic and modern in that he uses craigslist to hunt his victims

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_serial_killer

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Nov 21, 2017

• Locked thread