Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koishi Komeiji

If you're reading this then you're already part of one of the hottest message boards to turn the posting game on it's head, byob! But just how do you get into that chill state of mind, is there a certain ritual you do, maybe you need a snack to get those chill muscles churning, or do you "just post" as they say?

I'll start:

1. The first thing I do is start playing this song at exactly the 9:32 mark with the volume set to approximately 85 decibels. This will remain on loop for the duration of my byob visit in order to keep me calm and focused at all times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX40crWTTYs&t=572s

2. I make sure I am wearing clean professional looking business casual clothing with subtle earth tones and a tie that is at least 80% silk to promote a professional attitude and demeanor, clothes make the man as they say.

3. I review my hard back copy of Sun Tzu's the art of war carefully considering certain pre-highlighted quotes that I feel closely pertain to posting such as "Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

4. I sit with good upright posture, shoulders relaxed, feet flat on the floor and announce out loud in a
calm yet assertive voice "I am ready to have fun with my friends online."

5. I am now ready to make posts.

And that's about it. So, how do you byob?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I practice ancient katas gleaned from scrying shapes in the clouds. From a distance it looks an awful lot like I'm swatting away imaginary spiders crawling all over me combined with a game of hopscotch. After I get my heart rate up I then consume smoke from the scared ganja plant, and read threads. When I get in tune with the tone of a thread, I resonate with it and then something magical happens and I read it days after because I black out from an overload of nirvanic bliss or whatever.

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
When the first beacon is it, it becomes the duty of all other beacon-lighters to pass forward the signal. As the fires race across the mountain tops, the mirrors hanging above each fire reflect a semaphore pattern towards the next keeper. Each keeper passes this ever onward until the Gatekeeper, the one man in the land with a stable internet connection, gets the message and can input it onto his 2002 Toshiba Laptop.

Today, the fires roar hot and the reflection from the mirrors is near-blinding, but the Gatekeeper dutifully types out his message.

"T" he types, gracefully. "H E W E D A S S"

Satisfied, he hits the submit button and wipes the sweat off his brow... another task accomplished, another dragon slain. He will eat well tonight.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

Robot Made of Meat

I basically try to avoid wearing pants at all costs.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Matoi Ryuko

I like to free in my byob time.

Olive!

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I :justpost:

Thanks to HotSoapyBeard for the sig image!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
I read a lot of chill and fun posts, realize I have nothing so chill or fun to offer, and then either continue lurking or I :justpost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I like to free in my byob time.

• Locked thread