Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
No Revengeance? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Tired Moritz posted:

Make the biggest weeb in the game Otacon.

How would you be able to choose in a game of goons?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

SirSamVimes posted:

because the mod PMed me and said I am

Scum found

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

i would but i dont have access to your pms.

also i havent played a metal gear game since i was like 11 (metal gear solid for ps1), so im gonna assume every post that i dont understand is a metal gear reference that ill have to google

Yeah despite me owning the Metal Gear Solid Collection for PS2 (it's just 1-3 bundled in a box) I've only played part of 1 (just past the Psycho Mantis fight? There's a sniper or something?) and Revengeance :v:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

GeneX posted:

I hope someone got the exclamation mark as a role

What was that noise?

Huh. Just a box.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I like when Psycho Mantis can't make the sixaxis rumble

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Your Personal Muse posted:

Wait two people scumslipped and this guy didn’t vote for them?

##vote xad

:smuggo: that’s why they call me scumhunter revolver

Pfft some scum hunter you are, you missed the part where I mentioned a scene from mgs4 despite saying I've never played it!

...My cousin told me about it :eng99:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

If YPM says I'm scum

I'm definitely scum

##vote YPM

Sir you appear to have misspelled your own name?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

That was literally every mafia player in history because we are all big babies

:yeah:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

Why would you want to stop playing so soon in this game with such fun Birdstrike flavour? This does not sound like the adorable gay dog we know and love.

But it has not been scientifically proven yet if it's even possible for flerp to be scum.

flerp has all the dominant genes, he CAN'T be scum

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

flerp posted:

infi is a liquid snak

fair enough

##vote inf

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Retro Futurist posted:

This guy's also scum. 2/3 you're welcome

town superstar flerp has never let me down and I fail to see why now would be any different

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
flerp referred to himself as "town superstar" in a different game and i thought it was funny so i repeated the joke because i am an unoriginal hack

as usual, i have no read on flerp, but SSV's whole "pretending to be a jester maybe ha ha ha" thing is odd, YPM and inf are giving me pause as well, but for YPM at least maybe it's because their avatar makes me feel very attacked

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
uhhhh hey so what the heck NGO?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Infinitum posted:

There were no deaths last night because I was the NK target

But I did die~

Uh?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

St Evan Echoes posted:

also agreeing with me is a massive scumtell because i am dumb as gently caress so pod is on my watchlist right noe

But do you agree with yourself?

:thunk:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

Hay everybody. Last 2 games I was in iirc were d1 nolynch which I felt was the most antitown thing ever. so rather than risk it this time I took action. I have other Things I Can Do Under Specific Circumstances but this was a once-per-game dealy. the hidden flip is not related to my action AFAIK.

so anyway who are we voting for today

Alrighty well this makes me feel better about you at least.

Dunno what the gently caress is with inf tho

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
First of all, I should apologize for my absence, I'm usually pretty busy Wednesday evenings.

re: inf's big "they're turning the frogs gay" rant

Dunno why I'm even in here, my "you appear to have misspelled your own name" thing was a jokepost because you voted for YPM after saying "I am definitely scum," like gently caress, you even jokingly replied to it my dude but now it's evidence that I'M scum?

Also if your big roleflip is true, I'm not sure why scum would IMMEDIATELY kill you if they knew who you were? I guess if they were extremely paranoid maybe, but I feel like scum would let you "live" past jokephase at least. That said, I would loving love if that's all true.

If I'm understanding your role correctly, you can buff players' abilities while scum, but you don't know who scum is, and then once you "die" you lose all abilities and are town? You mention you targeted YPM with something that enhances their abilities tonight, would he be able to confirm that?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

flerp posted:

pod i dont believe u, im sry. i think someone not flipping, which is an attribute assigned to death miller, is a reasonable thing to suspect of rf. theres other explanations, of course, but i dont death miller is that bizarre. i think its even more bizarre youre saying that i said this on d2, when we have a flipless player on d1? when am i supposed to bring up that rf could possibly be a death miller? if not d2, when? i dont understand why this is a weird thing to say when it feels like a reasonable thing to think, to me at least. anyways i also find some other things you are saying really weird.

i find it weird that you brought up my dbz maf mishap, because it felt oppurtunistic and slimy. it feels like an odd character attack which i feel like youre above, as a player. it also reminds me of movie poster mafia where you said you took advantage of thranguy's inexperience to get him lynch and im getting a similar vibe that youre trying to set me up in some way. but not in an honest way, in a way "oh i bet if i hammer this home he'll dig his own grave and ill get the mislynch"

i find it weird that you insist rf is scum. i feel like its not in town's best favor to believe they're in a state of advantage because paranoia and stress is what makes people be aware of people's posting and can help them catch out weird things.

obv maybe im looking into things too much because im the one directly being accused, but im rly not the kind of mafia player to say "you're accusing me, so you must be scum" but i feel like youre not playing your usual town game and things are making me good hmmmmmm.

Pretty much agree with all of this. I have no idea why pod is so sure that rf scum, and refusing to admit that MAYBE in a game with role madness there COULD be a death miller or at least some other "confusing in death" role when the only flip was a complete mystery is extremely weird to me.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

MysticalMachineGun posted:

A possible vig or sk in a role madness game makes sense to me. Maybe scum janitored the lynch in trade for their night kill?

Ahh, janitor is also very possible. Need to brush up on my obscure mafia roles.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

I was also wondering why B-minus dropped off of Inf's list, but I want going to say anything so he could be lulled into complacency, thinking he'd been forgotten.

You getting blocked so you can't prove a D1 message sounds very convenient. Was it a magical snowglobe blocker?

Even if YPM is town though, and that part of Inf's theory is wrong, Xad sounds very scum.

Xad sounds very defensive about Inf's post, when it should at least prove that Inf is a misguided townie who's super excited about thinking he's solved the game. Inf is a little cartoon pug chasing his own tail in circles and barking with glee. Even if he's completely wrong, the more genuine response is to smile at how adorable the stupid puppy is instead of getting mad and calling it a bad dog.

Inf is very locked in on wanting to lynch YPM first, and has Xad at "lesser" suspicion. So Xad would have time to try and argue out of it, or time for Inf's theory to be discredited if YPM flips town. So this defensiveness makes even less sense. Xad can't handle the truth. And kicks puppies.

I'm very defensive about my jokes being turned into lovely scum evidence, but lol are you scum?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

I can confirm I have two night actions

:toot:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

b-minus1 posted:

fyi i also found it strange that although inf included my reply to his "i misplaced my link to scumdoc" post in his megapost, I didn't make his scum list. However, xad did because he quoted me, and YPM did because he then quoted xad. i've never seen someone consider quoting other players to be suspicious, but that seemed to be his criteria in nearly all of his cases. "Then me posting various Ocelot pics, again hoping to get some quote replies..... No bites unfortunately." Inf's role breadcrumbs were pretty clever, but he's a bit overzealous on his d1 reads IMO

:yeah:

Didn't notice you weren't on his list, good call

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
anidav why are you both calling inf an excited stupid dog who thinks they have the game solved but also voting for YPM, the thing inf is advocating for?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

Of course it's not watertight. That's not at all what Keane said, either. He probably thought like me, and trusts the townie intentions of the dumb little pug puppy, who might even be on to something. Its worth a test. Who's a good boy?

Oh missed this post. I...guess? The cognitive dissonance is a little weird but ok, I just don't really see any reason to believe YPM is scum other than "inf said so" but inf also said flerp and I are scum, and I have it on good authority that I'm not, and flerp probably isn't either.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Jonathan Fisk posted:

THERE IS NO REASONABLE BASIS FOR A YPM VOTE IN INFI'S CLAIM OMG

:yeah: like I get wanting to try to breadcrumb during jokephase but all his evidence is very weird and I'm not really buying it. I believe inf is a scum traitor who is now a VT, but I'm pretty sure they're wrong about who scum, or at least they need a better case than "people made jokes during jokephase"

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Don't know if I agree with you about Pod just yet, but CCKeane definitely pings me today, very quick to vote for YPM

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
lol fair point I guess

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

Revolver Anidav posted:

Oh no, I think you guys irritated my arm again.

Out -- get out of my mind!

Okay listen up assholes, for all you wanna try and play this off as "just D1 poo poo", Inf was apparently putting lots more effort than you lot with his devious scheming to purposely reach out to his fellow scum, and encourage them to breadcrumb their identities back to him.

And you call this no better than any random list, SEE? It's what the game of Mafia loving is. You try and come up with reasons to pick one person over another - any vague lead you can find of some hidden scum intentions. drat right I want to act on his list to see if he's on to something.

If people are convinced it's not YPM, I'd be happy to vote for SEE or Xad instead who seem extra spooked and defensive about the theory, and desperate to get people looking elsewhere.

what

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Okay I'm into this gimmick now

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

## vote retro futurist

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Voting for dead posters is a good way to get no lynch ngo, good going

Not to put a vote in your mouth but I think you meant to vote for revolver anidav, not a dead player? Unless I'm also getting their names confused

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
When all you have is a traitor role, everything looks like a scumslip.

Also haven't done this yet
##vote cckeane

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
:ghost: seriously, I was catching up on two games at once and noticed I was hammered in both of them what the gently caress :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
Hopping in to say reading this game was great especially near the end :allears:

If nothing else I have learned not to ignore a mafia thread when deadline is in about an hour :v: got me killed twice at once

• Locked thread