Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

ok yeah

someone get bif in here too

I'm still on a break but Birb said I couldn't sign up anyway!! :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Ok my conclusion is that TM is fine and just bad at phrasing his posts. YPM and BK look the worst out of today - YPM based on night actions and strong defensive posting versus TM (which feels opportunistic) instead of any of the other votes including BK, who we've already touched on as making no sense with his posts today.

I think TM is a distraction being pushed when he's basically just said "YPM visited two people and they are dead today, with no way of proving that he didn't kill them, so I'm voting him" and "I don't want to get distracted from what feels obvious to me" which is eminently reasonable. What else specifically has he said that's objectionable, if you're reading this and feel differently?

TM coming in all "why is EVERYONE saying YPM CAN'T BE THE KILLER" when A - "everyone" was just you Pod, and B - you weren't even saying it couldn't really be him, you were replying to me bringing up Inf probably jailing YPM, not even a sure thing, and saying if that were true it would mean YPM couldn't be responsible for the extra kills. You sure didn't move your vote so obviously you didn't think it couldn't be him!

This is not a problem with mere "phrasing", this is a problem of perception. And a problem of changing stories, as TM tries to backpedal and re-write his own thoughts and motivations to look less shady.

Just like BK before you ,you end up looking even scummier than TM for trying to defend this, Pod! :argh:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Get outta here Anidav, I'm taking over

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

rofl, hi flerp

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Why are people saying this post is a reply to anyone? I did not even quote or say any names in here.

Hell, I already apologized for being too broad with my accusation with unsuitable phrasing of "everyone".

Who's even saying this? Is it "everybody" again

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Who's even saying this? Is it "everybody" again

Also, who even cares if that post was a reply to somebody or not, what difference would this make exactly

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Is your italics post not saying that I was replying to Podima

This is just confusing

It is not saying that, no.

Bifauxnen posted:

[i]TM coming in all "why is EVERYONE saying YPM CAN'T BE THE KILLER" when A - "everyone" was just you Pod, and B - you weren't even saying it couldn't really be him, you were replying to me

Let's review the timeline again.
- A bunch of people vote Inf.
- I notice and point out a post that suggests Inf was really likely to have tried to jail YPM last night. That is all I said though, and I didn't move my vote.
- Pod pointed out that IF this jail on YPM took place, then it would mean YPM couldn't be responsible for the extra kills. Pod did not move his vote off YPM either.
- You show up all "why is everyone saying YPM can't be the the killer?!"

First of all - NOBODY was saying this.
Second - even the two people who were only tangentially discussing one thing that might kinda suggest a vague possibility of YPM not being the killer (me and Pod) had not moved their votes. Pod was just replying to me about the jail thing specifically, and not actually making any argument that people should not be voting YPM.

Which makes it all the more weird that he can't see what's so bad about your posts. Maybe Pod is scum, and that's why he only moved to Xad after I really stuck my neck out to show how obviously defensive Xad sounded to me, with quotes and all. While phoneposting, thank you very much!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope you guys arent just crashing in. this doesnt seem polite to birdstrike :(

I can't speak for Moat but you really shouldn't be worried about me haha

Moatillata posted:

Ok gonna replace into this game rn

Who's lowest post count put me in coach

sup Moat, did you like my retro watches??

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

Let's review the timeline again.
- A bunch of people vote Inf.

Mafia edit: don't know why I typed Inf there, but it should be YPM

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Anyway, let's update the long-overdue Lumpenlist. Well, not a full list, just the "who scum" half

Group A:
BK
Tired
Pod

I think something fishy's going on here. I could maaaaybe see Tired just wording stuff badly and then making himself look extra scummy by trying to correct it in really bad ways that look dishonest to me. But it still looks pretty dishonest to me. If Tired is town though, BK and Pod still look scummy for backing him up even when he's posting that bad, like they wanna back up a townie when he's under attack or something.

Group B:
YPM
MMG
St Evan

These people each look independently scummy. YPM is only starting to look less scummy to me now because of the Tired fiasco, but even if Tired flipped scum I would not consider YPM fully cleared by this. Scum might have decided they saw the writing on the wall and tried to bus YPM only to have it backfire.

MMG is just the usual, kinda lurky and not seeming to participate beyond occasional shitposts. But he's kinda low priority here since I know he's sounded like that as town, too.

St Evan Echoes sounded defensive to me after the Inf effortpost. I know I was wrong about Xad there, but St Evans could still be suss, especially if YPM is scum. I haven't been especially impressed by his posting otherwise, though Pod seems to dig it, which makes me nervous.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

flerp posted:

i believe bif is actually in this game which is why i voted for her i wanted her to feel welcomed

Thanks mate, it really did

I am in fact in this game, though I was hoping for a slightly dramatically well-timed mod reveal or something :v:

Or I suppose Birb could modkill me just for a laugh even though I've been submitting actions from the Bif discord and not from Revolver's PM's. But these are just the risks I take. If I played a Metal Gear Solid game without actual devotion and effort to this silly gimmick, it would be insulting a dear mutual friend of mine and Birb's.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

I tried to replace Revolver on votefinder but the site won't let me.

Oh fine I guess I can let Revolver have his brain back for a while :v:

Still supposed to be on a break anyway

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Sal, your posting is making me :lol: on a Monday morning, cheers.

What's the actual deal with Revolver Anidav/Bif posting. Do we vote for Bif now? Is this just a way to confuse post counts?

It's a weird setup to me because who would need to make it harder to track their posts throughout a game than scum?

Ok yep MMG scum. You're from Auspol, you should know all about the Diamond Dog crew, and how much me and Birb all play along with Gaspys Metal Gear alt shenanigans. There is no reason to play dumb about this except to try and set me up for a future mislynch.

##vote MMG

Assuming this and the TM vote won't get anywhere, I'll vote YPM again later to finally settle that issue. But my vote can sit here till hammer time thank you very much.

It's not that hard. Just keep voting for Revolver who was in the player list all along since game start. I just popped out to reveal the big mystery of the gimmick posting, and I was hoping to replace in officially to make a full takeover. This would also be nice and convenient for me so I could stop having to constantly check which account name I had open. But Birb himself said he had troubles making the swap in Votefinder, so I'm just gonna wing it from here. Deal with it bud.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Like, I realise that gaspy and co have alts but that doesn't mean I know which is which and I shouldn't have to to play a game of mafia.

Well this is the Metal Gear Mafia so TOO BAD

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

this response reeks of pedantism ##vote mmg

*fistbump*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

Yeah, what the gently caress.

Uhhh you dont know about our secret alt gimmick, you must be scum

It's more like: "you are conveniently ignoring why I would go to the effort of doing dumb gimmick posting in a game themed all around my best forum friends' most beloved gimmick, which you should at least know a little something about, and also conveniently ignoring the fact that Birb already tried and failed to make things more convenient. You're also pushing this argument to accuse me of being scum while ignoring all of my actual content and reads and effort.

Because of all THAT, you must be scum."

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Get a load of that thunk posturing from MMG. Doesn't care about actually discerning my alignment, he just cares about getting that dig in on me, then trying to avoid getting too much poo poo for it.

Scuuuuuuuuuuuuum

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

i think bif/revolver is kinda scummy too.

hyperfocusing on the usage of words rather than anything else
was literally on every bandwagon lynch
changed their vote to MMG for the dumbest reason

Discerning players' intentions is the ultimate goal of Mafia. And your "word usage" showed you selling a totally backwards view of the gamestate, that has only been surpassed in wrongness now that Sal showed up. I wasn't voting you over a matter of bad word choice, I was voting you for believing that your reframing of your own thoughts and intentions betrayed a dishonest scum mindset.

Maybe if you didn't try to constantly reframe things in a different light like that, I wouldn't think you're scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

im sorry that mmg is not knowledgable of bifauxnen lore.

Let your scumbro apologize for himself goddamn

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's a weird setup to me because who would need to make it harder to track their posts throughout a game than scum?

There is no "need" about it.

If Zets ever got around to running a Dangan Ronpa 2 Mafia, would you ask me why I "need to" post Komaeda quotes at every single opportunity? I was doing the flavour justice, because this game is themed around Gaspy and Birb's single most favorite gimmick, and I already had an alt account totally based around playing along with their gimmicks. Why would I not ham it up to the fullest? The fact that you continue to not actually think about this at all only helps prove to me that you are scum.

Inf already flipped as Liquid Ocelot, with game mechanics reasons for a role change. I did not get that role so I have no such mechanical reasons for anything I've been doing. I believed I would be able to neatly swap in and keep the mechanics simple. That just happened to turn out to be wrong.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

To non-Auspol players, let me try and explain in terms you'd understand.

Imagine that we were playing "Lumpen Mafia", and MMG asked me why I "needed to" include a full Lumpenlist in every single post. It could be weird and obnoxious, sure. But the motivations would be clear, and nothing to do with game mechanics.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

The fact that you're being so defensive about it is only making things worse. A straight account swap, whatever. But you swapped, swapped back and are now dancing around the question while attacking me for calling it out.

How is my copious explaining "dancing around the question".

I can't be bothered to come up with Anidav material right now cause you're stealing the show

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That's it, you weren't just pretending to be Liquid Ocelot you were pretending to be Anidav pretending to be Liquid Ocelot :psyduck:

And it's been revealed before, at least twice. Hang on, I gotta check if you were in the last game where I slipped up and posted on the wrong account by accident midgame

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tired Moritz posted:

er, is bif being anidav supposed to be common knowledge

Maybe not as common as Gaspy being "Venom Soag". But if you've ever wondered where SLASHER HAWKE'S constant typos come from, it's from imitating Gaspy's Venom Soag bit, which was imitating Soag the poster. It's layers upon layers upon layers.

That's just how we roll in the Diamond Dogs. :buddy:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You do know SLASHER HAWKE is Birdstrike and that when those accounts are always replying to each other in Auspol chat he's just talking to himself, right

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

i dont know, but i dont like it. do you really have two accounts bif? if so, why? this thread has grown by like 5 pages and im not sure we've actually accomplished anything useful.

Yes I do, Revolver was created quite a while back, just for the purpose of goofing around like this with Gaspy and Birb. I've brushed it off while I was "on a break" to try and force myself to post differently, and avoid some of the pitfalls I've been falling in to get me too emotional and frustrated the last few games. For a Metal Gear Solid game though, I wanted to do it justice and ham up the gimmick to the fullest.

As for what we've accomplished, we learned that MMG is scum.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I know that one yes but how are our American friends meant to know that and what does any of it have to do with Mafia?

They didn't need to know all the details, all they needed to know was that I was doing a bit and that I was replacing in for Revolver, but that last bit didn't pan out thanks to Votefinder changes rolling out.

It's only become relevant because of our back and forth here. I think your approach to this has not been one meant to actually better understand what's going on, but to better discredit me. And I never can avoid falling for the bait once I get all excited about finally feeling real confident I found a scum framing me up for the dumbest reason.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Has anything I've said been untrue? How is it a frame job when I've simply said what's happened?

You sound way more concerned with not taking heat for your attack than you are about worrying whether you're actually right.

The untrue things you've been implying are that my gimmick posting has some mechanical fakexlaim reason behind it, and that I "need to" make the game harder (because I must be scum). I intended to keep things simple by switching over fully to this account. When I switched back to Revolver this morning, it was because I thought it might be better.to try and stick to that account instead to make things cleaner once Birb couldn't switch me. But then this came up, and it's a lot less confusing if I can just speak plainly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Seriously, a frame job would be knocking Bif out, stabbing a dude then putting the knife in her hand.

Instead Bif just keeps stab stab stabbing and saying "this is a frame job!" *squelch* "It's just an in-joke!" *blood sprays on face* "You've got it all wrong!"

Don't forget the magic Snowglobe baby

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm going to claim now, just to make sure there's no possible chance I gently caress things up here.

I am going to babysit you tonight, MMG. If someone were to try to kill you, it would fail. But if someone were to kill me instead... We will both die.

I'm claiming this so no one else bothers trying to shoot you tonight. It seems like there's a lot of weird vig things in this game and it'd be just my luck if someone else still has one and they listened to me for once but I ended up actually protecting you.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Oh, and if I flip and MMG doesn't die, you'll be able to see my role for yourself and that it's true, so you can then assume I got blocked!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nothing suss happening here.

Omg it's so ding-dang confusing

How will anyone ever be able to tell who Bif thinks is scum and who she wants to vote for

Lol it fits for me to babysit you tonight after holding your drat hand all afternoon

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How convenient that you can make big effort posts and go "I'm voting for you, sucker" :smug: and have it not really count just in case

Yeah it's not like I never get carried away or nothing being too busy writing to remember to switch

You should take it as a compliment when I call you scum cause it means I don't believe you can honestly be that stupid

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mwahaha! After arguing with MMG for ages and even roleclaiming my intent to try and indirectly kill him if I should die, the town will magically forget I ever said a word against MMG thanks to this vote that would've been changed by now anyway! Muhuhuhuhuhahahaha!!!!!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Or you could easily use it to manipulate players later on. Say it's D5 and we're talking about how you voted for YPM, who flipped town. Nothing stopping you from quoting yourself and going "uh-uh, shifted to MMG for realsies look here"

Nice to know you think everyone else in this game is an utterly brain-dead moron.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MMG you have taken the Anidav dumb setup spec crown. I no longer have it in me to keep up Revolver posting except for the pure mechanical necessity.

Also, I was hoping to have fully replaced in on this account by now anyway. Which Birdstrike confirmed he tried to do in good faith.

I'm sure you and the scumteam know full well I will have to fight the urge all day to bicker with you, so please do not continue to clog up the thread with stupid bait that I can't resist smacking down.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bif just to clarify your visiting me last night only protected me from kills, right? It wouldn't block other abilities?

Keep rolefishing, mate

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Pretty quiet in here. Voice Friend, could you do me a favor and discuss some casing and who you think is scum in light of YPM's town flip, instead of mostly mechanical analysis?

I would love to hear your thoughts on MMG in particular.

And MMG, do you have thoughts about anybody else besides me? You've posted almost nothing until I called you out, and then just laser focused on this one very special line of attack.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I wouldn't be laser focused then, would I? :ocelot:

...yes. That is the idea. Please try and at least pretend like you care about finding scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Podima posted:

Heard/understood, I have a reason for holding off on in-depth commenting re: MMG in the short term but will come back to him.

W/r/t YPM flip, will do some rereading of the folks on that lynch. I'm working on a personal project tonight so it may not be till tomorrow, but it'll get done.

In the meantime, let me turn this back on you - taking your focus off of MMG for a moment, can you reread the people left that weren't voting yesterday and tell me what you think of them? I know we've talked at length about Moritz, but I think SEE and flerp are worth discussing at least minimally.

pre:
 Not Voting (5): CCKeane, flerp, St Evan Echoes, Tired Moritz, Your Personal Muse

flerp? hahaha

I have a big townread on flerp and I think you're scum.

But don't worry, I am already working on my in-depth D1 hindsight analysis and I'm sure you'll enjoy the effort.

• Locked thread