Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flerp
Feb 25, 2014

flerp posted:

im not sure, but i think 1) that the cases on RF were weak and felt like most d1 lynches based on very little aka a crapshoot and 2) that statisically speaking we are more likely to lynch town. death miller seems like something that could be on both sides (not accounting for the possibility to NGO's ability caused it [which if it did and they're lying about it convinces me more that they are scum]) so im putting that up to a null tell. i have no way to know rf is town, obv, but i think its most likely for him to be town.

(i also think on a more meta level to think that RF was town because it puts more pressure to make good reads instead of believing RF was scum and having us be complacement, but thats my personal opinion)

oh i meant complacent i shouldnt try to use big words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

1) disagree, RF's posting D1 was terrible
2) are you legit bringing up death millers on day 2 in this game
3) fair enough, I at least appreciate you talking this out
4) but seriously death miller??????????????

pod i dont believe u, im sry. i think someone not flipping, which is an attribute assigned to death miller, is a reasonable thing to suspect of rf. theres other explanations, of course, but i dont death miller is that bizarre. i think its even more bizarre youre saying that i said this on d2, when we have a flipless player on d1? when am i supposed to bring up that rf could possibly be a death miller? if not d2, when? i dont understand why this is a weird thing to say when it feels like a reasonable thing to think, to me at least. anyways i also find some other things you are saying really weird.

i find it weird that you brought up my dbz maf mishap, because it felt oppurtunistic and slimy. it feels like an odd character attack which i feel like youre above, as a player. it also reminds me of movie poster mafia where you said you took advantage of thranguy's inexperience to get him lynch and im getting a similar vibe that youre trying to set me up in some way. but not in an honest way, in a way "oh i bet if i hammer this home he'll dig his own grave and ill get the mislynch"

i find it weird that you insist rf is scum. i feel like its not in town's best favor to believe they're in a state of advantage because paranoia and stress is what makes people be aware of people's posting and can help them catch out weird things.

obv maybe im looking into things too much because im the one directly being accused, but im rly not the kind of mafia player to say "you're accusing me, so you must be scum" but i feel like youre not playing your usual town game and things are making me good hmmmmmm.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Tired Moritz posted:

Admittedly, I kinda get flerp's concern buttt idk

Nevergirls really just reads as really bored townie.

thank you, i genuinely appreciate this

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah i hope this wasnt seen as a slapfight, i actually found it p useful as a discussion and also a lil fun :)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Revolver Anidav posted:

:agreed: Pod, why are you being so aggro and mean?

But I'm also having a hard time having fun. It really hurts me to see my poor gay dog like this. It's not like he never stopped shitposting before, but when he got down to serious casing business, his posts used to be so clear, so simple and earnest. Now he sounds like he's really overexplaining his points to justify a fake scum case. Please, let him go peacefully.

war changes people

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i have no clue what any of that is about but i think the conclusion was that we shouldve turboed infi d1????

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Revolver Anidav posted:

I think the people pushing to vote Inf might have been scum looking for cred. If they knew he was a traitor with Ocelot's flavour, they might have been worried about his Chronic Backstabbing Disorder.

flerp looks a bit heavy-handed now. I'd almost think it was too heavy-handed to be scum, except he also seemed to have knowledge of Inf's flavor already. How would he have this knowledge? Scum might not have been expecting Inf to be aware that they already knew who he was, and flerp could try to play it off as lovable shitposting. Maybe it's just another symptom of flerp's tragic scumminess. Beware of side effects like dry mouth, migraines, and heavy hands.

But double-action scum is a big threat. I'm sorry, my dear gay dog. I can't put you to sleep yet.

##vote YPM

i said liquid snake because i thought it was funny and its extremely hosed that i was kind of right

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm leaning towards believing Inf, but I just want to say if it is a fakeclaim then that is the best loving fakeclaim I have ever seen

idk infi has made some absurd fake claims in his life so i wouldnt put it passed him but yeah i think hes telling the truth altho his conclusions r uhhhhh really dumb to say the least

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
infi, heres the simple explanation

i find playing with u tedious at times because u do things like this. which is why i wanted to turbo u. not because i was being a secret breadcrumb of trying to tell you who the scum team or w/e. i wanted to kill you because youre annoying and its rly as simple as that.

namaste

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
honestly im 100% cool with dying today or whatever because itll prove that infi's dumb nonsense was fruitless and that he's an idiot and that's extremely cool by me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
honestly im not gonna get into here, as i dont think its the place because there's a game to play. but youre wrong about me and i cant say anything about anybody else, but youre look into my posts are so between the lines that ur looking through the paper and reading something from a different book.

anyways, i need to go to bed. have fun.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
if lusting for infi death is wrong well then i dont wanna be right

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
im uhhhh not sure of that due to my flavor + alignment

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i mean if u have the ability to prevent a flip for any lynch as scum youd do it for any lynch i imagine just to deprive town of any information

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
wait so im kinda confused about traitor. infi, is it that scum knows there is a traitor but not who it is, or that the scum knows there is a traitor and their name? or do you even know what case it is? i was operating on the former which made me go ???? to everything's infi has been saying but if its the latter then that might change my impression of what your saying.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

He's saying he was the version of traitor that is scum-aligned, but does not get the scumdoc/night kill & does not know who the scum team is. The scum team on the other hand is told there's a scum-traitor and who it is. That's the basis of Inf's conspiracy theories, that scum was signalling to him on D1 who they were so he could follow their lead.

ok cool i wasnt very sure on what it was but my reading comprehension has been v low those past days

i guess that makes his post a bit better

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
yeah im cool w/ a tm vote, tho im willing to vote Xad

and also in the interest of honesty, im currently in a unconfirmed masonry with Xad. nothing of worth was really discussed.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
and since i rly feel like this ability to make a masonry is mostly worthless yeah i made the masonry

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Podima posted:

Flerp, 2 questions:

1. What's the flavor of your masonry?
2. Can you make additional masonries beyond the one you have with Xad alone?

my ability is called Codec

i can choose a player each night, and the masonry comes up at the beginning of the day. at the end of the next day, it ends.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

STONE COLD 64 posted:

wait if you can do this then why is ypm otacon

i am not otacon

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Xad not saying much in a masonry - scum being cagey?

i dont think so, i just dont think an unconfirmed masonry is that interesting and its not like i was trying really hard to engage them. it was just quiet and i didnt think it was a suspicious quiet.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote xad sry friendo

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
is this the part where the colonel quotes japanese train stations?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i dont know? none of my abilities have resolved so ?????

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
the goal of this game is to make the next solid snake of mafia

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i uhhh huh

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
oh and apparently based on infi's flip scum didnt know the identity of the traitor but knew there was a traitor

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
and also i should have results from my ability that would be extremely useful right now but for some reason i didnt get any?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm Sunny Emerich, whoever the gently caress that is

ur the most important character in mgs4 and i wish i was lying

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
ok so what's weird is that i didnt get results back from one of my abilities (i got a pm directing me to the black screen post) but my other ability did work because i am in masonry with the person i chose. so im thinking the black screen is hiding the results but that my action was maybe successful?

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote bif

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also i feel tm's posts are bizarrely self conscious despite most of them being like a line each (i havent gone through their post histories this is off the cuff

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
hello bif :)

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
i believe bif is actually in this game which is why i voted for her i wanted her to feel welcomed

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
thank u 4 the help moat

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

I tried to replace Revolver on votefinder but the site won't let me.

Moat on the other hand...

Moatillata (Fizzy Buffalo, E-Rank Base Scrub) has been Fultoned outta here!

he shouldve been a zebra imho

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

Infs long effort post I think was one of the most telling things was his list of 4 people. I really liked Infs post because I think he's telling the truth. Of the 4 people he suspects I rank them
1. Xad
2. SEE
3. Flerp
4. YPM

YPM is the person I suspect the least. I'm going to look at Xad more when I'm ready to vote.

why in that order? also xad is dead af

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

b-minus1 posted:

flerp you never answered my question about this post^^

i just want to make sure i understand, you got no results from whatever you did last night?

i was told my results were this https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3841314&userid=142953#post478937753

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
sal why do u always have to be so goddamn scummy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
also since im gonna go out soon and prob wont be able to post much for the rest of this day

i made a masonry with sc64 last night. it worked, we're in it together, and i feel good about sc64. im not gonna reveal anything he's said to me obv because its up to him to decide what to reveal but i believe what he's saying. he's made some reads in there that i encourage him to share in thread. i think part of the reason he hasnt talked so much is because he was talking in the masonry quite a bit.

• Locked thread