Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
gently caress yes I’m in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Xad posted:

How would you be able to choose in a game of goons?

Most recent post in ADTRW

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Retro Futurist posted:

Excuse me, I have never made 100 posts

your profile posted:

There have been 27614 posts made by Retro Futurist, an average of 7.35 posts per day, since registering on Aug 8, 2007.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I want to be the fat guy on roller skates from mgs2

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SalTheBard posted:

I think you mean Fatman

succinct, accurate, and yet, unable to convey the point

3/10 imo

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I assume the random shitposts are signups, so I'm pretty sure we're full

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Retro Futurist posted:

I play Snake Eater once a year or so. MGS3 best MGS

This is the correct opinion

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

okay I can confirm that I am town

This, but unironically

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I hope someone got the exclamation mark as a role

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

I may be town but I have never played a single MGS game

##vote sirsamvimes

why

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Unlike podima*, I'll happily vote SSV for stuff, including voting for himself and then for someone else, extending the entirely non-productive portion of D1. I have a bad feeling about the guy and while it could just be playstyle stuff, there isn't exactly anything else to go on besides #motherbase going kaboom

## vote SirSamVimes

*why mention that you specifically won't vote for SSV?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Edit:

oh hell I think I formatted that wrong, assuming it's an automated thing

##vote SirSamVimes

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I’m annoyed because my thoughts are mostly aligned with podima’s, with the exception of a meta read on Infinitum for podima being an “I am being wacky and deliberately unproductive” read for me. It’s annoying because he said a lot better than I can

If we take the wagons as our options, I’m debating between RF and Infinitum because the former is fromt and center in a lot of the read web I’m trying and failing to build and I don’t like him kinda buddying up to Infinitum, while the latter is just kind of smugly obnoxious. Don’t think SSV is scum right now, wanted to get us out of jokephase and thus voted for my best read at the time

Actually after putting that on paper, I’m pretty sure RF gives us the most info with the best chance of actually hitting scum

##vote Retro Futurist

It sure looks like there’s a split between podima/SSV and RF/Infinitim going on here with a bunch of hanger-ons

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Edit: my scumreads* are mostly aligned, I don’t really have a townread on anyone other than Revolver, podima, and SSV, all by proxy

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I’d prefer he get in here and explain instead of evaluating solely based on him doing the thing

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Okay that's one lurker scared out

##vote MysticalMachineGun

his posts include speculating about a modpost, saying infinitum is bad, then joke voting revolver right after we finally escaped joke hell

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

hell, same

but also emptyquoting "infinitum is bad" when it's demonstrably true is not actually adding anything

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I'm supposed to have a day action that lets me hammer when someone has >50% of votes but I may have used it wrong

This is his explanation of what happened, it’s not quite extra votes and he also claims it’s a one-shot and he has other powers.

If we take him at his word he used a power that breaks MYLO/LYLO, on D1, to prevent a no lynch.

He’s town, lying, an idiot, or insane enough to use up an easy win power on a potential D1 no lynch to make himself look town

I’m inclined towards the first because his claim squares with what happened+ is a reasonable role given the setup is role madness, and because I suspect RF was indeed scum

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

perhaps the way to treat RF isn't as town or scum, but as whatever you thought he was before he died and flipped null

Your Personal Muse posted:

Hmm think about who voted SSV (it was SSV)(I was saying SSV is scum)(don't worry I'm a scum hunt robot too when I get into gear and people don't like me)

Also I think I have turned off my brain until Inf does his thing, my eyes are glazing over what's happening

I think Inf's thing was him claiming he died last night (and is, y'know, still posting, so he has an extra life/delayed death/weird conditional survival thing etc. role)

I'm a bit skeptical because he was probably the backup lynch if RF wasn't, had expressed no actual suspicion of anyone, and was thus an extremely questionable choice for a scumkill, but I guess he could have been vig'd and the scumkill doctored/roleblocked/whatever

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

edit: wait poo poo half a page appeared between me writing that and posting it

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

sorry (?)

I guess I violated a rule accidentally

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

That's, uh, certainly a reason to suspect that this setup does indeed contain a death miller variant.

I'm too tired to think this through right now but that certainly seems like a good reason to lynch YPM

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

The craziest thing about Infi’s theory is that the scum knew he was a traitor and then killed him anyway

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Vigilante + scumkill doesn’t go through for some reason

Why the gently caress am I still awake

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I don’t recall offhand who it was (besides flerp, who I don’t want gone because he has a good avatar) that keeps saying how suspicious podima is and then not actually voting for a him, but I think I want them lynched

Might have been Fisk; actually wait, yeah, it is/was, he’s been just sort of stubbornly saying no to everything thus far, and rejecting a YPM lynch without offering anything of his own

##vote Jonathan Fisk

That said scum potentially getting a doublekill is obnoxious and while I’m not really sure what to think of YPM the danger of such is a pretty strong reason to lynch him in its own right, messenger (+an unnamed night action if he wasn’t lying) aside

Other thoughts I want out there pre-more than skimming, In case I fall asleep as soon as I’m free:

-I find it interesting that (trusting Infi because why the gently caress not) Revolver Ocelot is scum-aligned but Liquid is town aligned, since iirc revolver, in the games, is generally kinda-sorta aligned to literally everyone at once, and liquid is a bad guy

-the only one of infi’s 4 scumreads that didn’t immediately start posting a whole lot is Xad and I’m pretty sure that reflects poorly on Echoes, Flerp, and YPM, especially Echoes, who seemingly just popped back in to attack Infi then popped right back out until Keane made a bad vote

-B-minus is making me wary and I’m not sure why

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Like, people can post badly without being scum. Your vote, for example, is terrible 💙

Aww, thank you. :blush: I’m not sure that you said what you think you did, given that you used the word opportunistic, implying less than steller intent, but thanks for the elaboration, regardless.

While you’re around, who do you actually think we should lynch, specifically, seeing as you obviously aren’t on board with lynching YPM?

The answer of “someone” isn’t a good one.

I’ll even start: I’d be fine-to-happy lynching Keane, Echoes, MMG, or I guess flerp though it would make me sad.

Oh uh hold that thought, if liquid wasn’t infi’s townclaim I wouldn’t suspect that town are (assuming we didn’t get random role assignments) actually MGS antagonists or some of the many, many questionably aligned people in the series. Needless to say, and given what series this is, this isn’t really a claim: I’m one of the latter

Which is a convoluted way of saying that I really wish RF had flipped so as to support or attack the flavor theory I’ve got going

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Mafia edit: apparently I left out the important part of that last bit, which is: I don’t know if being Otacon actually clears YPM, though my flavor theory thing is probably offset by the fullclaim with 5 hours left in the day

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Your Personal Muse posted:

Except I’ve just claimed two things which are insanely verifiable.

fair

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh right before I forget, and I think "jumping on what looks like probable town and doing nothing else" is the most scummy thing among our potential lynch targets (assuming only those with votes on them right now stand a chance of being lynched):

##vote CCKeane

If Keane flips town I really don't like Echoes, vs. just moderately not liking him right now

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I suppose there's one further bit to note about YPM, and it's definitely a bit WIFOM-y, but at level 0 it sure seems poor for a scum player to actively claim to have been roleblocked/jailed/prevented from using their powers on a night when there was no kill

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Xad has a lot of joke posts with scumreads on SSV, YPM, and Infi and then spends a bunch of posts defending himself (part directly, which is fine, and part indirectly by appropriating other arguments attacking Infi, which is less fine, and there is no third part because that looks to be pretty much all of his posts, which is really not fine.)

Also it turns out I did remember correctly, Xad was doing weird things with his read on podima, huh

I like SEE less, I think, and CCKeane has done exactly 1 thing of note and it's sucmmy, but Xad is a lot less null than I thought he was, so I suppose

##vote Xad

I don't know if I like the way the wagon formed super rapidly and if he's town I want to look at Revolver a whole lot more closely

I have no read on Tired Moritz since that's apparently a thing, he doesn't like Xad a whole lot I guess but I haven't noticed him do much of anything scum or town directed. Just feels like a generic low participation player, intentional or not

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Yeah it's not quite top-level bastardry, which is the type who exist in scumchat and are aligned to a different faction entirely

that's more of an open setup/multi-faction thing though

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Did someone's role eat daystart or something

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

:ghost: From hell’s heart, I laugh my loving rear end off at this :ghost:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Oh cool

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

I think I did the right thing using my superhammer d1 in order to solidify my position as town. Agree/disagree?

:agreed:

There was no chance in hell of scum doing that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Birdstrike posted:

now is probably a good time to mention that the only MGS I've ever played is V

:v:

Go play mgs3

• Locked thread