Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Lovely Planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Cities Skylines.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

got Manhunt for a dollar and Project Highrise

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Planet Coaster.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Wormskull posted:

Lovely Planet.

Wormskull posted:

Cities Skylines.

I own these already but thank you.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

Can someone recommend some good cheap games on Steam, I feel like wasting money

Anodyne

Risk of Rain

Thomas Was Alone

To the Moon

I hear Subsurface Circular is alright, haven't tried it myself

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pablo Gigante posted:

I own these already but thank you.

Prey for 20 bucks is a steal

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Anodyne

Risk of Rain

Thomas Was Alone

To the Moon

I have all of these too lol except for Subsurface Circular. Looking for stuff that's like $5-10 bucks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

buy bot vice and downwell for 99 cents

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

devil daggers is like a dollar

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Hollow knight is 10 bucks. Mushimesama if you like shmupmans

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

the witcher 3 is 20.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

vaginal facsimile posted:

the witcher 3 is 20.

Mmm love staring at animations of a old white haired retard plucking leafs for 40 minutes. Sign me up.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

wouldn't recommend

Pablo Gigante posted:

the original Cook, Serve Delicious is $2

quantum conundrum is $1.34

recursed is $4

those are all good, imo.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

30 flights of loving is a cool FPS puzzler that's about right at 2.49

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
downwell is one of the best roguelites and it has actual fun gameplay with a full clear being ~20 minutes, and that is just a bit more than a single dollar

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

downwell is one of the best roguelites and it has actual fun gameplay with a full clear being ~20 minutes, and that is just a bit more than a single dollar

Might check it out. I kinda hate the focus on meta progression thing a lot roguelikes do these days en lieu of just having solid core gameplay.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I’ve been meaning to buy Spelunky for a while and it’s only $1.49

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

is there a good gamepad for PC on sale anywhere? i was going through amazon and theres mixed reviews for all the pads i saw

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

tome's a good roguelike, its very loot but the different builds are a lot of fun. trails in the skys a good jrpg and it's 10 on sale. you can get all the cells games (hexcells, squarecells, etc.) for like five bucks and the hexcells series in particular is badass. otherwise uh pac-man championship edition rules, N++ is great, i had a lot of fun with recettear, crimsonland's a good arcade shoot em up, and i dunno if it's a good shmup or not but i liked crimzon clover a lot for two bucks.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
buy drod imo http://store.steampowered.com/app/314330/DROD_Gunthro_and_the_Epic_Blunder/

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah buy drod

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

tome's a good roguelike, its very loot but the different builds are a lot of fun. trails in the skys a good jrpg and it's 10 on sale. you can get all the cells games (hexcells, squarecells, etc.) for like five bucks and the hexcells series in particular is badass. otherwise uh pac-man championship edition rules, N++ is great, i had a lot of fun with recettear, crimsonland's a good arcade shoot em up, and i dunno if it's a good shmup or not but i liked crimzon clover a lot for two bucks.

I have uhhh almost all of those except tome and I should probably buy N++

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

extremebuff posted:

is there a good gamepad for PC on sale anywhere? i was going through amazon and theres mixed reviews for all the pads i saw

the pokken pad is good if you just want a d-pad. Works for the Switch, too. It’s a hori pad. I got mine at GameStop for $12 but that was a while ago.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

this game pad is 20 bucks and I haven't had an issue with it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GDKXMPA?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i picked up a hori, thanks guys

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Maestro posted:

I’ve been meaning to buy Spelunky for a while and it’s only $1.49

oh, yeah, spelunky is a very good game. easily worth its usualy price, but it's a steal at that.

edit: crimsonland is a great too, and easily worth 5 bucks. it's an arena shooter with a cool perk and bonus system.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Nov 28, 2017

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i cant find mu previous posts where i recommend games that are under like 10 bucks some of these arent very known and others are super popular but just in case you havent played them. here i go

-Bleed 2 (7,50): I will champion this game to death as it is a barrage of cool bosses with some of the sickest slowmo movement in any videogame but it's REALLY REALL SHORT and IMO I WOULD WAIT UNTIL IT GOES LOWER SOMETIME BUT PLEASE KEEP THIS GAME IN MIND PLKESe
-n++ (7,50) is pure good platforming as been mentioned. its a bit pricier but its absolutely worth it at this price + it comes with a free expansion that doubles the stagecount.
-pacman championship edition dx (2,50): the best pacman ever made you HAVE to have this
-crypt of the necrodancer ($3): rhythm roguelike with dannyb soundtrack and some really good remixes. you must get this one too
-burnout paradise (5): its burnout paradise for five dollars
-downwell (1): been mentioned already but its really really really good esp for one buck
-english country tune (1): one of the best sokoban puzzle games ever made about figuring out the rules of each world and thinking in 3d space its really sublime
-flywrench (3,50): holy poo poo the price dropped hard on this, absolutely get this game. you fly a ship with really weird momentum and each button makes it move differently+change color, which you need to do to get through color coded barriers. INCREDIBLE drum n bass soundtrack.
-spelunky (1,25): if you somehow dont have this please buy it. just take my word for it.
-lovely planet (1,50): i know wormskull already mentioned it but i think it bears repeating. its an fps with no crosshair, and your movement changes where the bullets go. This is one of the very few games where you just feel the matrix and become a super precise high reflex monster. just fantastic. also the music is katamari as hell
-spacehcem: great puzzle game where you kind of program grids to do things
-Clustertruck (4,50): fun fps platformer where every world has a new gimmick. lots of mutators. really short and i thought it was very easy
-Snakebird (3,50): simple but pretty hard puzzle where you move birds in a grid but theyre affected by gravity and can stand on top of each other.
-toki tori 2+ (3,75): ive been scho9oled on this game but i still believe its like a metroidvania where you dont get powerups but rather learn how the environment reacts to your only 2 moves.
-fez (2,50): phil fish suck my dick choke on it etc etc but its good imho. amazing music too. the game is a lot less about the perspective gimmick than it lets on though
-Hexcells: each of these are like less than a dollar and completely own. like minesweeper meets picross in hexagonal cells.
-Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus (0,75): abe's exoddus is outstandingly good and i recommend you get this one before oddysee because it has big quality of life changes. Prince of persia meets lemmings. real tough and unique
-system shock (2,50): incredibly archaic in control but insanely forward thinking everywhere else. ironically theres very few games like it and too many games carry its dna. IMO its something everyone should at least give a fair shake and its 2,50 so might as well.
-luftrausers (2,50): vlambeer arcade shmup where you can change your ships parts to shoot, move, or do some wacky thing like drop bombs. Each part of the ship also changes either the drums bass or melody of the music and its really good. Combat feels good but the scoring is really loving stupid. It's still really good fun while it lasts.
-bionic commando rearmed (1,99): the original biocom with an insanely good remixed soundtrack by simon viklund
-antichamber (5): flawed but the best mc escher videogame right there with echochrome.
-noitu love 2 (2): made by insane swedish man Konjak, a great beat em up tribute to treasure games, with combat based on grappling and mouse aiming. really good spritework.
-LISA (5): i dont haver much experience with rpgs, so i dont know how accurate i am, but its combat is the standard rpg maker nonsense with a lot of status effects so its mediocre, and if you know what party members to get, completely breakable. But it has a really good story, and a super strange soundtrack. please play lisa.
-Undertale (5): the other side of the coin, the story is not super groundbreaking but the gameplay is all about surprises, and it does some clever storytelling through game mechanics. please ignore all the obnoxious fans and play undertale
-Waveform (0,50): the fact that noone knows about this game is completely tragic. control a sine wave with your mouse, side to side to change frequency, up and down to control amplitude. Every world adds a new interesting mechanic that will mess with your path in cool ways. absolutely worh it for 50 cents please play waveform
-Ys: oath in felghana (4,50): top down slightly mashy action game with light rpg systems. Has some of the funnest bosses i've played in games and a really rad soundtrack when it tries.
-Bionic Commando 2006 (2): game got (justifiably) slammed for a stupid as hell plot and tone, and because aiming the grapple on a console was terrible. On a pc though this is one of the best grappling hook games ever made, and is a shame that itll forever live under the shadow of its dreadful edgy plot. please, it's only 2 bucks.
-Lethal League (4,10): i dont know if i should recommend these because they are making a sequel, but if you buy this ill play with you and teach you how to be OK at lethal league. it has ggpo and it handles itself pretty fine. fighting games meets pong, with really hard hitting sound work that makes each hit feel nuts, andt he speeds it reaches are intense.
-Painkiller Black (2,50): One of the best FPS games ever. serious sam but imo much better.
-mark of the ninja (3,75): 2d stealth game that has no ambiguity on whether you are seen/heard or not. It's practically flawless.
-Quake (1,25): It's quake! for a dollar and change!

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 28, 2017

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

hyperlight drifter is 10 bucks and a fantastic game, my goty of 2016

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/935503046074920960

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol. Thanks Arf, I have almost all of those already but I'm gonna get N++ at least since I used to play tons of the original flash version

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lol. This guy has HR Block software

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HORMELCHILI posted:

lol. This guy has HR Block software

It was part of the Humble Normie Bundle

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Spend a tiny bit more money and get a professional accountant, that's my advice as a "hardcore" normie.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I picked up Skyrim SE too since I didn't have it yet

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Downwell is fuckin sick definitely buy it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Downwell is fuckin sick definitely buy it

Yah

extremebuff