Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
of course cuphead isnt on sale
not even 25% off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
oh shut the gently caress up man

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
badass i cant even attempt to buy afterbirth+ because who the gently caress knows anymore lol
i guess it has to do with argentina's currency being supported now but theres buttons for rebirth, afterbirth, just not afterbirth+

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

"No dude I just like cute things." -- Actual In Training quote, United States vs In Training, Jan. 2018

Lol

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

extremebuff posted:

the mega trackmania game is on sale but i wonder if people still play it and i can still find servers with people playing hosed up smells like teen spirit remixes

depends
on both Trackmania United Forever and in TM2 the most popular environ Stadium is still heavily populated

no idea about the other environs since i only have the free TMUF version, TMN which only has stadium, and TM2 stadium.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
trackmania is the unholy mix of fzero, sonic and realistic physics ive dreamed of as a child and im glad i got to experience it when i did

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
now they just need to mix vanquish in there somehow

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Wormskull posted:

New Vegas is win AF IMO.

i should really install it

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
name them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i cant find mu previous posts where i recommend games that are under like 10 bucks some of these arent very known and others are super popular but just in case you havent played them. here i go

-Bleed 2 (7,50): I will champion this game to death as it is a barrage of cool bosses with some of the sickest slowmo movement in any videogame but it's REALLY REALL SHORT and IMO I WOULD WAIT UNTIL IT GOES LOWER SOMETIME BUT PLEASE KEEP THIS GAME IN MIND PLKESe
-n++ (7,50) is pure good platforming as been mentioned. its a bit pricier but its absolutely worth it at this price + it comes with a free expansion that doubles the stagecount.
-pacman championship edition dx (2,50): the best pacman ever made you HAVE to have this
-crypt of the necrodancer ($3): rhythm roguelike with dannyb soundtrack and some really good remixes. you must get this one too
-burnout paradise (5): its burnout paradise for five dollars
-downwell (1): been mentioned already but its really really really good esp for one buck
-english country tune (1): one of the best sokoban puzzle games ever made about figuring out the rules of each world and thinking in 3d space its really sublime
-flywrench (3,50): holy poo poo the price dropped hard on this, absolutely get this game. you fly a ship with really weird momentum and each button makes it move differently+change color, which you need to do to get through color coded barriers. INCREDIBLE drum n bass soundtrack.
-spelunky (1,25): if you somehow dont have this please buy it. just take my word for it.
-lovely planet (1,50): i know wormskull already mentioned it but i think it bears repeating. its an fps with no crosshair, and your movement changes where the bullets go. This is one of the very few games where you just feel the matrix and become a super precise high reflex monster. just fantastic. also the music is katamari as hell
-spacehcem: great puzzle game where you kind of program grids to do things
-Clustertruck (4,50): fun fps platformer where every world has a new gimmick. lots of mutators. really short and i thought it was very easy
-Snakebird (3,50): simple but pretty hard puzzle where you move birds in a grid but theyre affected by gravity and can stand on top of each other.
-toki tori 2+ (3,75): ive been scho9oled on this game but i still believe its like a metroidvania where you dont get powerups but rather learn how the environment reacts to your only 2 moves.
-fez (2,50): phil fish suck my dick choke on it etc etc but its good imho. amazing music too. the game is a lot less about the perspective gimmick than it lets on though
-Hexcells: each of these are like less than a dollar and completely own. like minesweeper meets picross in hexagonal cells.
-Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus (0,75): abe's exoddus is outstandingly good and i recommend you get this one before oddysee because it has big quality of life changes. Prince of persia meets lemmings. real tough and unique
-system shock (2,50): incredibly archaic in control but insanely forward thinking everywhere else. ironically theres very few games like it and too many games carry its dna. IMO its something everyone should at least give a fair shake and its 2,50 so might as well.
-luftrausers (2,50): vlambeer arcade shmup where you can change your ships parts to shoot, move, or do some wacky thing like drop bombs. Each part of the ship also changes either the drums bass or melody of the music and its really good. Combat feels good but the scoring is really loving stupid. It's still really good fun while it lasts.
-bionic commando rearmed (1,99): the original biocom with an insanely good remixed soundtrack by simon viklund
-antichamber (5): flawed but the best mc escher videogame right there with echochrome.
-noitu love 2 (2): made by insane swedish man Konjak, a great beat em up tribute to treasure games, with combat based on grappling and mouse aiming. really good spritework.
-LISA (5): i dont haver much experience with rpgs, so i dont know how accurate i am, but its combat is the standard rpg maker nonsense with a lot of status effects so its mediocre, and if you know what party members to get, completely breakable. But it has a really good story, and a super strange soundtrack. please play lisa.
-Undertale (5): the other side of the coin, the story is not super groundbreaking but the gameplay is all about surprises, and it does some clever storytelling through game mechanics. please ignore all the obnoxious fans and play undertale
-Waveform (0,50): the fact that noone knows about this game is completely tragic. control a sine wave with your mouse, side to side to change frequency, up and down to control amplitude. Every world adds a new interesting mechanic that will mess with your path in cool ways. absolutely worh it for 50 cents please play waveform
-Ys: oath in felghana (4,50): top down slightly mashy action game with light rpg systems. Has some of the funnest bosses i've played in games and a really rad soundtrack when it tries.
-Bionic Commando 2006 (2): game got (justifiably) slammed for a stupid as hell plot and tone, and because aiming the grapple on a console was terrible. On a pc though this is one of the best grappling hook games ever made, and is a shame that itll forever live under the shadow of its dreadful edgy plot. please, it's only 2 bucks.
-Lethal League (4,10): i dont know if i should recommend these because they are making a sequel, but if you buy this ill play with you and teach you how to be OK at lethal league. it has ggpo and it handles itself pretty fine. fighting games meets pong, with really hard hitting sound work that makes each hit feel nuts, andt he speeds it reaches are intense.
-Painkiller Black (2,50): One of the best FPS games ever. serious sam but imo much better.
-mark of the ninja (3,75): 2d stealth game that has no ambiguity on whether you are seen/heard or not. It's practically flawless.
-Quake (1,25): It's quake! for a dollar and change!

ArfJason fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Nov 28, 2017

• Locked thread