Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

If season 2 is them just teasing out who the mole is for the entire season...... yikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Well stuff happened but it was still very muddled and dumb. They didn't really establish Jonah as having a lot of contacts and control over the organization but suddenly he's in charge and powerful enough to order people around and exert the influence over the police to get them to issue arrest warrants based on presumably bogus information. It's one of those things where they spent all this time making the parents sympathetic so that they can oppose Jonah and the need to strip their power from them behind the scenes so they come off as more of the underdogs.

At least whatever he's trying to raise from the depths is 'alive' so we might get some cool monster battle or Cthulhu demon fight. Probably not though...it's such...I can't think of a good term so I'll say 'catch 22'. We live in an era where we have the technology to tell all these cool stories but they cheap out and don't pop to make them actually look cool because that costs too much money and we can better spend out funds hiding part of an animatronic dinosaur in a garbage can.

esperterra posted:

Man, I hope so.

That was totally the impression I got. In the scenes before that Alex comes back to the camp and has nothing to show for his attempt to borrow someone's laptop.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Comic spoiler: That text probably means there's a mole, but it's someone else. Everyone who's read the comics probably saw Alex sneaking off to make a mysterious phone call to an unknown party and thought "oh drat, it's happening!" But then he turned out to be contacting Darius to get a gun and some cash, in exchange for promising to help take down his dad.

Also I looked up Alex on a Marvel wiki and apparently he was resurrected a few years ago, and now he's fighting Power Man and Iron Fist as a crime lord in Harlem and attempting to become "the grandmaster of Street Magic"? Which is weird. As an "adult" supervillain Alex strikes me as more of a "Master Planner" type.

The coolest part of the twist is that Alex and his genius level intellect tricks everyone into giving him their 'power' and from studying knows how it all works. They've done a really poo poo job of making Alex seem like the smartest guy in the room and at this point, him selling out the group feels like it would be more due to him being pissed at Nico for choosing Karolina than for him actually trying to outsmart everyone and save the day. He feels so weak most of the time it's hard to believe that hubris is going to be his Achilles heel.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
I thought they implied that Leslie was the unknown number? Vaughn tells Leslie the kids manage to make it out, Jonah gets the text from unknown number that everything is going as planned. It would also make sense she would know that Jonah was going after Amy and tried to warn her as a last ditch attempt to save Amy without revealing herself.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

That was my favorite moment in the show so far. I wish we had an entire show that was the tone they managed to strike in that moment. Maybe season 2 will deliver now that they've actually run away.

Comic spoiler: That text probably means there's a mole, but it's someone else. Everyone who's read the comics probably saw Alex sneaking off to make a mysterious phone call to an unknown party and thought "oh drat, it's happening!" But then he turned out to be contacting Darius to get a gun and some cash, in exchange for promising to help take down his dad.

Also I looked up Alex on a Marvel wiki and apparently he was resurrected a few years ago, and now he's fighting Power Man and Iron Fist as a crime lord in Harlem and attempting to become "the grandmaster of Street Magic"? Which is weird. As an "adult" supervillain Alex strikes me as more of a "Master Planner" type.

Man, poo poo like this bugs me. Runaways got me into reading comics because it was cool seeing a team with a non-stereotypical black teen as the leader of the group. Alex's betrayal sucked but it made sense and served the story. Learning that he's now some street dude hedge mage in Harlem is just disappointing. What a disappointing turn for a character that had potential to not be a stereotype. Between this, Secret Empire and Marvel Legacy I'm starting to think they have no idea what they're doing nowadays.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rocksicles posted:

Karolina stands out like smoking hot thumb, probably everywhere but LA though

She's good looking but it's not like she's so striking you'd be stared at in any big city. Although she is on a lot of billboards so you'd think she'd want to cover her face a bit more.

I liked that finale but the action scenes are absolute poo poo. I hope they do better in the next series!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Taear posted:

She's good looking but it's not like she's so striking you'd be stared at in any big city. Although she is on a lot of billboards so you'd think she'd want to cover her face a bit more.

I liked that finale but the action scenes are absolute poo poo. I hope they do better in the next series!

Yeah, everyone taking a turn to attack like it's Final Fantasy 4 or something is a big problem they've got. That and people getting hit only to get up immediately.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, everyone taking a turn to attack like it's Final Fantasy 4 or something is a big problem they've got. That and people getting hit only to get up immediately.

It doesn't help that you get the baddies on the left and the goodies on the right and they're all just sort of stood looking at each other. There's no movement, it does feel like a jRPG.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I told you all before, they're posing as a team because poo poo just got real.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
It totally is Final Fantasy, Gert even did a Summon spell!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Taear posted:

It doesn't help that you get the baddies on the left and the goodies on the right and they're all just sort of stood looking at each other. There's no movement, it does feel like a jRPG.

nah it's Overwatch, they've got Mercy, Doomfist and Moira already, now someone just needs to hand Alex a rocket launcher

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So what is the point of reporting the kids to the cops to "help them?".

And Leslie is totally playing everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Once they are in custody, Mrs. Wilder will lawyer them into house arrest.

• Locked thread