Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Tae posted:

If you're really set on doing side stuff, you have basically 99% of everything unlocked (I don't think the final mechanic is that important). Definitely do as much as you want before starting 7.

Seconding this. Once you hit chapter 7 you'll probably want to beeline story until partway through chapter 8. Get your sidequest on, especially because (very minor spoiler) you'll be able to mostly skip all the enemies in the lovely chapter 7 dungeon from way outleveling everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Okay wait sorry speaking of armu milk earl grey why isn't that cafe showing up in Fonsett? I'm in ch 9. Shouldn't it be there?

Edit: I guess it doesn't show up until even later?

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Jan 5, 2018

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The end of chapter six basically puts you on the (very long) track to endgame. Your next real opportunity to back out and go exploring, now with everything unlocked, is partway through chapter eight.

That said, in a lot of ways it's worthwhile to just push through to endgame without delaying so much. If you’d like to explore some more, that's fine, but I was so overleveled in the final area that it was a bit of a snore despite all the cool poo poo going down. If you’re tempted to grind for something, like trying to get all the rare blades before finishing the game, don’t.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jan 5, 2018

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

bizarre deformity posted:

Okay wait sorry speaking of armu milk earl grey why isn't that cafe showing up in Fonsett? I'm in ch 9. Shouldn't it be there?

Edit: I guess it doesn't show up until even later?

Merc mission which may depend on dev level

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
*releasing blades* "So here it ends... I'll never forget you!"

I got uhh bad news for you buddy

Also the animal blades sound like nerds

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The fast-travel ability just apparently never being turned off ever could make some situations very strange if you used it a lot. :v:

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Pierson posted:

The fast-travel ability just apparently never being turned off ever could make some situations very strange if you used it a lot. :v:

Yeah, I noticed the game was lenient about this, but there was one moment where I thought surely I’d be stuck here until I followed the main quest for a bit… but nope!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Where the hell do I get premium cylinders? I need some for a sidequest and I've only ever seen them sold once, then never again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Pollyanna posted:

Where the hell do I get premium cylinders? I need some for a sidequest and I've only ever seen them sold once, then never again.

They randomly appear for sale in any dev 5 zone after you get A rank salvaging. Nobody is really sure what triggers a reroll on what the vendor is selling but I got mine by spamming long rests in Torigoth since the inn is close to the cylinder vendor.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

They randomly appear for sale in any dev 5 zone after you get A rank salvaging. Nobody is really sure what triggers a reroll on what the vendor is selling but I got mine by spamming long rests in Torigoth since the inn is close to the cylinder vendor.

I had to do this for hours to get premium cylinders for a quest then to get the right weather for a quest I had to zone in and out repeatedly, it was that moment I realized I wasn't having fun anymore and needed to shelf this until DLC.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

If you're salvaging for treasure sets, is it better to grind out one point over and over, or to move around? I noticed that as I've been salvaging in Leftheria and Temperantia that I'm getting a lot of premium treasure, but not really completing any valuable sets.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Pollyanna posted:

Beyond the dumb long rest spamming already mentioned, there's a Nopon in Argentum you can talk to in order to be ranked as a salvager. The later tiers give you a few guaranteed premium cylinders, enough to finish the handful of quests that require premiums anyways.

On a different note: I just saw a boss fight on YouTube where Tora was player controlled and yet he got Super Mythra to activate for the chain attack. Does that happen automatically because I was controlling Tora for a few hours farming gold chips and never had it happen so I figured I was forced to play Rex for super bosses.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

You trigger that the same way as usual. I believe Rex has to have Pyra/Mythra out to do it.

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

End of game spoilers:
Wait....there's a post-credits scene? Once the credits started playing I just left it on in the background and did some work. Looked up just in time to see 'Final Chapter: And then, boy met girl' or something like that. Anyone mind spoiling me about what happens after the credits? The last thing I saw was Azurda flying off with everyone on his back, all the Titans joining together into a landmass, and Rex talking about how 'Elysium is here'.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Akarshi posted:

End of game spoilers:
Wait....there's a post-credits scene? Once the credits started playing I just left it on in the background and did some work. Looked up just in time to see 'Final Chapter: And then, boy met girl' or something like that. Anyone mind spoiling me about what happens after the credits?

As the group chills, the zohar crystal starts glowing and Mythra+Pyra appear before them as two separate entities. Poppi hugs them down while Nia pushes Rex from the back along with nods from the others for him to talk to them. He got his harem.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well he gets that either way one is just way less weird

Akarshi
Apr 23, 2011

Tae posted:

As the group chills, the zohar crystal starts glowing and Mythra+Pyra appear before them as two separate entities. Poppi hugs them down while Nia pushes Rex from the back along with nods from the others for him to talk to them. He got his harem.

What? Wait, really? How? Didn't they sacrifice their lives to save everyone? And why are they separate now?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Akarshi posted:

What? Wait, really? How? Didn't they sacrifice their lives to save everyone? And why are they separate now?

Because that status quo would be very weird if that didn't happen

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Akarshi posted:

Core Crystals reactivate after a cooldown. So they came back.

As for why they're separate, I choose to interpret it as part of the Architect's "final gift" :parrot:

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Finally got big boob ice girl as my last blade .... brb

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Welp polished it off today. It was a really good game but just had a bunch of stuff in it holding it back from being great and making me think "nah" about doing the extra content. Mainly the blade-bonding and low rare blade percentage which feels more like a gacha game than a single-player JRPG, but also stuff you all have mentioned that require endless ludicrous amounts of grinding for what should have been relatively minor aspects of the game.

Back to Breath of the Wild for a while until Bayonettas.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Yeah, overall it's been a good game that I've enjoyed and sank a good number of hours into but it's not something I would recommend to others, even others I could loan the cart to, without spending more time spewing caveats than I care to do.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

emoji posted:

Finally got big boob ice girl as my last blade .... brb

amazingly, i don't know which of two perfectly reasonable guesses is correct here

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
The thing that shits me the most, somehow, is everything from enemies to treasure chests to gathering points just spewing its items all over the ground, often in the most awkward of places to try and pick up before they disappear. loving why.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Reiterpallasch posted:

amazingly, i don't know which of two perfectly reasonable guesses is correct here

I realized I should have been more specific lol, the one with the boobs clipping through her claw hands when arms are folded

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I need the Nopon Murals guy for another sidequest. Where does he go after I finish that quest? I've checked Garfont and Fonsett Village, but I didn't find him.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

emoji posted:

Merc mission which may depend on dev level

I did the merc mission a while ago, I mean when does that particular cafe move to Fonsett? Must be later in ch 9?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
Oh yeah probably that would make sense

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The gently caress you mean I need 100 of a particular set of items to get Herald. No.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

The gently caress you mean I need 100 of a particular set of items to get Herald. No.

It's super easy. Go to the lower docks of Mor. The one where you first arrive. On the path to the elevator early on, there's a mineral spot where you climb up a super small plateau. A rare drop from that location drops her items. Fast travel back to the starting point. Takes like 10 seconds each time. Stack mineral abilities.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Tae posted:

It's super easy. Go to the lower docks of Mor. The one where you first arrive. On the path to the elevator early on, there's a mineral spot where you climb up a super small plateau. A rare drop from that location drops her items. Fast travel back to the starting point. Takes like 10 seconds each time. Stack mineral abilities.

Speaking of mineral abilities I would of paid $10 for DLC that skipped all the pops/lines whenever they triggered and gave me 15 seconds x 10000000 of my life back.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

The first quick travel spot in Temperantia has a collection point with one of the ingredients right next to where you warp in.

If you load up your blades with Icthyology it doesn't take terribly long to get.

That's been the only thing about the game I've bothered grinding for thus far. Though it helped that I was on a work call the whole time.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Alternatively warp to where to you first entered Uraya and walk forward to the first collection point while stacking botany abilities, then warp to the same spot and repeat

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

socialsecurity posted:

Speaking of mineral abilities I would of paid $10 for DLC that skipped all the pops/lines whenever they triggered and gave me 15 seconds x 10000000 of my life back.

I'd rather have no dialogue for the merc missions, with skippable affinity charts and the option to instantly send the same team on the same repeatable mission

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

socialsecurity posted:

If you mean whenever you do field skills, press A. It turbos through it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

socialsecurity posted:

Press A a bunch of times

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Alright so fighting Morag for the second time got three orbs on her; Earth, Wind, and Fire. Start up a chain attack hit her with light from Rex, Wind from Nia, and Earth from Tora, but I didn't get an option to continue the Earth Orb looked shattered. What did I do wrong?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I just completed the plot race from Chapters 6-8 and man the game really ramped up the stupidity. I have a shitload of complaints about the long series of "not even my final form" scenes and overall plot nonsense, but here's a complaint highlight reel:

If Torna is a terrorist organization that's been collecting Core Crystals, is led by a guy who hates the Praetor and whose entire plot to destroy the world was caused by the Praetor being an rear end in a top hat, and the Praetor is the guy who owns every Core Crystal ever and gives them out to countries, why the gently caress hasn't Jin just killed the Praetor already? Malos might return to his core, but he also might not considering the game seems to change the rules of how Aegis' work all the time, but even if he did couldn't Jin just re-summon him? And even if he couldn't, again, does it even matter? Does Jin really need Malos to get anything done considering Jin is apparently way stronger than Malos, even after repairing his core? Even Nia was able to at least temporarily defeat a full-power Malos, and Pyra didn't even need access to her full power to beat Malos 500 years ago, but the third form is the only way they were able to beat Jin, I'm pretty sure that makes Jin objectively stronger than Malos, right? If Malos was able to defeat Ophion, wouldn't Jin have been able to? ...why did they even need Pyra to get to Elysium, then? It seemed like they needed the Aegis to "open the path" which effectively just meant to turn off Ophion, and so that was why they woke her up and then let her find the Omega Fetter for them, but apparently when they used the Fetter Ophion just attacked them anyways and Malos beat him up, so what was even the point of waking up the Aegis if her only purpose was turn off Ophion if it was just possible to defeat him anyways? I know Malos was powered up when he beat Ophion, but wouldn't Jin have just been able to beat him since he's basically invincible save for the fully-powered Pyra?

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

Tae posted:

If you mean whenever you do field skills, press A. It turbos through it.

Only the unlocks tho not the gatherings, which max out at three it seems except for salvaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emoji
Jun 4, 2004

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I just completed the plot race from Chapters 6-8 and man the game really ramped up the stupidity. I have a shitload of complaints about the long series of "not even my final form" scenes and overall plot nonsense, but here's a complaint highlight reel:

If Torna is a terrorist organization that's been collecting Core Crystals, is led by a guy who hates the Praetor and whose entire plot to destroy the world was caused by the Praetor being an rear end in a top hat, and the Praetor is the guy who owns every Core Crystal ever and gives them out to countries, why the gently caress hasn't Jin just killed the Praetor already? Malos might return to his core, but he also might not considering the game seems to change the rules of how Aegis' work all the time, but even if he did couldn't Jin just re-summon him? And even if he couldn't, again, does it even matter? Does Jin really need Malos to get anything done considering Jin is apparently way stronger than Malos, even after repairing his core? Even Nia was able to at least temporarily defeat a full-power Malos, and Pyra didn't even need access to her full power to beat Malos 500 years ago, but the third form is the only way they were able to beat Jin, I'm pretty sure that makes Jin objectively stronger than Malos, right? If Malos was able to defeat Ophion, wouldn't Jin have been able to? ...why did they even need Pyra to get to Elysium, then? It seemed like they needed the Aegis to "open the path" which effectively just meant to turn off Ophion, and so that was why they woke her up and then let her find the Omega Fetter for them, but apparently when they used the Fetter Ophion just attacked them anyways and Malos beat him up, so what was even the point of waking up the Aegis if her only purpose was turn off Ophion if it was just possible to defeat him anyways? I know Malos was powered up when he beat Ophion, but wouldn't Jin have just been able to beat him since he's basically invincible save for the fully-powered Pyra?

Individuals can't do poo poo. The power of friendship is needed