Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Now if only I didn't need to go into the menu to unlock affinity skills and I could skip the teaser when binding a core.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Supremezero posted:

It's actually kind of weird. There's Dromarch, and there's random blades, but there's no other rare animal blades.

Of course they announce this the day after I finished Ursula's quest.

I believe Roc is technically an animal blade for merc mission purposes

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

I picked up Nim today, and her core awakening legitimately startled me. That's not a face you introduce with a close-up.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Hey that menu voiceskip is great...except this update also introduced a new glitch that's going to take menuing even longer than before! Now, everytime that Ursula returns from a mission, I can't send her back out again immediately. I have to rebond her with Rex and only then will the game acknowledge that she exists for the merc mission requirements.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

I believe Roc is technically an animal blade for merc mission purposes

He is not, as he is humanoid. But, I believe he doesn't qualify for missions requiring a certain gender, like the animals.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Also, you can craft Premium cylinders after you do the DLC quest in Uraya, now

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
It's strange that there are no other animals other than the generic ones. Maybe an idea they ran out of time with?

And I finished that Agate quest. It's strange that the prospect 3 locations just vanish from the map, is that the problem with it?

I dunno if it's worth getting the DLC for 5 more quests though, that just doesn't seem worthwhile.

Taear fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Jan 19, 2018

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

gently caress whoever decided to change/cut the soldiers lines.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

gently caress whoever decided to change/cut the soldiers lines.

Wait, what?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

DONT FORGET ME is now DONT FORGET and the other line seem to be gone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Then, we shall remember them! :patriot:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Supremezero posted:

It's actually kind of weird. There's Dromarch, and there's random blades, but there's no other rare animal blades.

Eh, There's (chap 4 spoilers, I guess) ---Roc---. I'd say that's an animal. I'd argue Finch except I think she's sorted with the females in Gender sort. And there's a few enemy ones I know, but they mostly look like the common ones.

I want to say there are at least one or two more unique ones that belong to others you run across that aren't of the common look but I honestly can't recall.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

That feels like it makes even less sense though!

quote:

I'd argue Finch except I think she's sorted with the females in Gender sort. And there's a few enemy ones I know, but they mostly look like the common ones.
Finch is a woman with bird feet and like... a hat. With a beak on.
There are definitely no other animal blades.

Taear fucked around with this message at 13:42 on Jan 19, 2018

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Wow, my condolences to anyone that didn't finish the Ursula stuff before this patch, because with the merc system glitching out, it's now more menu bullshit to deal with than it was before.

Some blades just disappear from your merc mission pool until you engage them on whoever they are assigned to, at random. Dealing with Ursula repeating her line every 5-10 minutes for the better part of 25 hours wasn't as bad as having to deal with this every time in my opinion.

Edit:It may have just been that initial time, since I had that quest going during the update, I don't know for sure.

Crawfish fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jan 19, 2018

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I don't seem to be having that glitch.

I also don't seem to be having Zenobia yet. I'm never going to get her :(

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Also how do I trigger KOS-MOS's quest?

Equip her and go to the end of Skybridge 7, where you had to go for Poppi to carry you in that one cutscene.

If that doesn't work then you may need to do something else to unlock it. I think that all blade quests require you to have the affinity node for that quest unlocked, though you don't have to have the nodes that lead up to it filled, so make sure that's done as well.

shortspecialbus posted:

Eh, There's (chap 4 spoilers, I guess) ---Roc---. I'd say that's an animal.

nope

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

He's categorized with them if you sort by Gender.

Edit: However he counts as humanoid for merc missions. Who the hell knows.

Edit 2: VVVV yeah, I just checked.

ssb fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jan 19, 2018

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

shortspecialbus posted:

He's categorized with them if you sort by Gender.

But he doesn’t count as one.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

So I got Boreas out of a Core Crystal, and I know for a fact that he's one of the best ones, but can anyone give me a rundown on using him? Got him on Rex, as an aside.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

WHAT NO

new game plus just won't feel right without THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME and DON'T FORGET ME

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

I will take their new singular line to heart and I will never forget :911:

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

bladeworksmaster posted:

So I got Boreas out of a Core Crystal, and I know for a fact that he's one of the best ones, but can anyone give me a rundown on using him? Got him on Rex, as an aside.

He's really easy to max out on most of his affinity chart, especially if you are far enough in the game to have access to a several different cities. His chart also gives clues to a bunch of rare blade favorite foods, if you're not willing to look them up in a guide.

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

He's really easy to max out on most of his affinity chart, especially if you are far enough in the game to have access to a several different cities. His chart also gives clues to a bunch of rare blade favorite foods, if you're not willing to look them up in a guide.

Only at Chapter 3 currently, the biggest trouble is the Warehouse requirement to unlock more levels on his chart.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

bladeworksmaster posted:

Only at Chapter 3 currently, the biggest trouble is the Warehouse requirement to unlock more levels on his chart.

Right, it's pricey. However, you don't have to spend money on it if you have the right field skills and feel like going for a swim

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bladeworksmaster posted:

and I know for a fact that he's one of the best ones

I have some bad news for you, friend

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I have some bad news for you, friend

He's not good endgame but I got him as my first rare blade really early, from a Common core crystal, and if you overdrive him to Nia, he's useful in battle and his field skills are also useful for the entire game. I haven't been using him since about Chapter 7 but for anything before that he's incredibly useful to have around.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
boreas owns, actually? i mean if you're using --nia-- or ursula you don't actually need another healer, but he's got a useful niche as a super-durable healer in long fights (how does hitting a casual 800+ evasion with mythra out, on your healer, sound). plus nopon wisdom.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reiterpallasch posted:

(how does hitting a casual 800+ evasion with mythra out, on your healer, sound).

sounds about as useful as hitting 800 strength on a character that only uses ether attacks

shortspecialbus posted:

He's not good endgame but I got him as my first rare blade really early, from a Common core crystal, and if you overdrive him to Nia, he's useful in battle and his field skills are also useful for the entire game. I haven't been using him since about Chapter 7 but for anything before that he's incredibly useful to have around.

This is fair, Boreas is pretty good if you get him really early I suppose. I think it was chapter six (or very late in five) when I got him and I already had Floren at his fourth affinity level. e: and Praxis for Salvage Mastery

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jan 19, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Boreas was my first rare blade too and I was all "look at this fat bastard, he's my best friend".

Now i have other friends and i don't use him as much anymore :(

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

I feel like I was pretty unlucky getting Perun and Dahlia as my first rare blades. Unlocking stuff for them isn't even possible until quite late on in the game.
Thankfully rare blade 3 was Electra who has been useful for the entire length of the game.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
My only Boreas complaint is his voice. Nopon blade or not, something that big shouldn't sound that high-pitched.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
Honestly, some of the rares do feel like you're 'supposed' to acquire them early or late in the game.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I got zenobia early and while that does make it better for killing lower level tyrants, she kinda gets stonewalled midgame because the later tyrants are way outside whats possible. She's ridiculously good without investment anyway though.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Honestly, some of the rares do feel like you're 'supposed' to acquire them early or late in the game.

With Perun you cannot get past level 2 affinity until you reach Indol. Even then you need to have boosted Argentum quite a bit. It feels really strange that the game is okay with giving her to you first with that in mind.
Ice Mastery also doesn't come up until Tantal.

Just another reason that the game should make the blades side quest things.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Where can you get Indoline Tea after the thingy happens. Need some for bathtub friend.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Getting perun and electra early sucked as far as doing their quests and affinity. Getting boreas meanwhile was awesome.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Taear posted:

With Perun you cannot get past level 2 affinity until you reach Indol. Even then you need to have boosted Argentum quite a bit. It feels really strange that the game is okay with giving her to you first with that in mind.
Ice Mastery also doesn't come up until Tantal.

Just another reason that the game should make the blades side quest things.

There's a bunch of ice mastery stuff in Uraya as well.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE loving MOON posted:

Where can you get Indoline Tea after the thingy happens. Need some for bathtub friend.

Fonsett

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

sounds about as useful as hitting 800 strength on a character that only uses ether attacks

well sure, if 800 strength on an ether blade made you basically immune to superboss aoe attacks

also it's not like boreas is, like, bad at his actual job of healing. he's got the recharge up blade art. ursula is better because she's broken, adenine is more useful because of her +drop rate passive, floren makes a good case for being better also. that still makes boreas pretty good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Awesome, thanks. Makes sense, actually.