Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I just gave everyone fashion armor of jeans and a t-shirt or some poo poo as soon as I was able to unlock them so she was running around in that like everyone else. Who the hell knows what actual clownsuit any of them were wearing for armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

shortspecialbus posted:

I just gave everyone fashion armor of jeans and a t-shirt or some poo poo as soon as I was able to unlock them so she was running around in that like everyone else. Who the hell knows what actual clownsuit any of them were wearing for armor.

:hai:

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

I regret nothing :colbert:

Most of the armor in that game was dumb as hell and it was slightly funny for me for everyone to be wearing jeans and a t-shirt or hoodie or something of that sort, I forget, to do battle in.

Also I stole HB's glasses and put them on myself because they were the best glasses.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Taear posted:

Endgame still
Gramps just totally doesn't make sense in any way. He's a titan that speaks. And can transform into some other creature. But we know titans are older blades, so is he a blade? How do they all know him when he's never in any flashbacks?
The whole thing is just bizzare, I expected to learn more about him but nope.

I did enjoy learning about his romantic history.

Finished the game last week and did some affinity/rare blade grinding until I finally got fed up with it today and quit. I'm with all the folks who enjoyed the game overall but hated playing it half the time for reasons that have already been discussed extensively in the thread. I loved the first two entries in the series, so maybe I just have Xenoblade fatigue. The story and characters didn't grab me nearly as much as 1 and I didn't find the exploration or settings nearly as fun/interesting as either of the previous games.

I didn't see any Cutscenoblade jokes in the thread, so there's my original contribution. Cutscenoblade 2 Slow 2 Laborious.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/dlc/

quote:

Zeke's "Eye of Shining Justice" has been unlocked. (The skill can be learned by developing Zeke's Hidden Affinities.)

:magical:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"Traveling Bards have been added to various locations. They will exchange Bonus EXP for special items, including one that will increase the number of accessories a Driver can equip. Traveling Bards will be displayed on the mini map as green shop icons. "

Welp. That's gonna make things a tiny bit easier.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Where's the one eyed monster? :colbert:

e: Update is live now.

glassyalabolas fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 2, 2018

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
From what I'm hearing, this patch applied a few nerfs to some things. Core farming is a lot harder now, enemies who dropped Rare and Legendary core crystals do so far less frequently now. And stat boosts from blades no longer apply unless that party member has the blade out and active instead of just having them on them. Which is a pretty huge nerf to Morag, since you can't skyrocket her agility anymore.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Mar 2, 2018

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

THEY GAVE VANDHAM A HIDDEN AFFINITY CHART TOO

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Ometeotl posted:

THEY GAVE VANDHAM A HIDDEN AFFINITY CHART TOO

This just makes me want to see some Mew truck level rumors of "max his hidden affinity and he lives!"

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

maybe they shouldnt nerf their lovely gacha that nobody likes

baffling

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
"Adjusted AI to perform Blade Switches with no regard for Driver combos when using Drivers that prioritize Driver combos while fighting enemies against whom those combos aren’t effective."

:five:

Edit: that's assuming the above patch note is just a really awkwardly worded translation of: "AI won't try to spam break against immune mobs"

Leathal fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Mar 2, 2018

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Dr. Fetus posted:

From what I'm hearing, this patch applied a few nerfs to some things. Core farming is a lot harder now, enemies who dropped Rare and Legendary core crystals do so far less frequently now.

loving :laffo: if true

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

loving :laffo: if true

People did the math, and if the rare blade rates weren't changed to compensate, this makes it so that despite being able to skip the core opening animations in 1.3, it's just faster to just stay on 1.2 and farm up cores that way. Good job, Monolith.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Mar 2, 2018

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

loving glad I made the effort to grind out all the cores before hand.

Even more happy that I farmed a bunch of cores to bring over in to new game. Not even in Torigoth and got all of the new blades you get through core crystals.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Fresh into chapter 6 tying off some side quests before I get balls deep into what I can only assume will be a half hour of cutscenes and plot. I'm doing Azami's side quest to unlock her chart and the step I'm on requires Botany lv.6 which is, frankly, absurd for this point in the game. I guess they really really didn't want you getting rare blades too early in the game.

Is it normal to not use Morag at all because Tora seems like the way better tank option?

Why is the AI so terrible about picking up goddamn potions sometimes? It's bad enough that's how you heal primarily as it is.

Also what the gently caress is with 95% of the names in this game getting the 4kids anime localization? Seems like a lot of effort to rename basically every blade and most of the cast.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

SpazmasterX posted:

Also what the gently caress is with 95% of the names in this game getting the 4kids anime localization? Seems like a lot of effort to rename basically every blade and most of the cast.

It's not a new thing, they did it for The Last Story as well. The original just had westernized names from the get-go too, so it's really just a consistency thing.

I also wouldn't call it 4Kids-tier though, because they at least put effort into names that're the same general intent as the Japanese ones rather than just generic British names. (Brighid is a Celtic goddess of the forge, for example, or Pyra instead of FLAME). The only one that really stands out as odd is changing Shin to Jin.

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Mar 2, 2018

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
It's possible to buy overdrive protocols and ether crystals with bonus exp now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
And I guess if you de-level from 99 then level back to 99 without leaving that screen, you get more bonus EXP than you should.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Also, the new blades start with fairly high base damage but can’t take core chips at all, so they're probably not good at endgame.

None of them give Smash to Rex.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

And I guess if you de-level from 99 then level back to 99 without leaving that screen, you get more bonus EXP than you should.
I think what's happening here is that all the exp you'd earn from fights after you hit Lv 99 are turned into invisible BEXP that only turns up when you level down, because you only get that ridiculous amount of BEXP once when going between 99 and 98.

I could be wrong though.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Dr. Fetus posted:

People did the math, and if the rare blade rates weren't changed to compensate, this makes it so that despite being able to skip the core opening animations in 1.3, it's just faster to just stay on 1.2 and farm up cores that way. Good job, Monolith.

That owns. Aren't they selling core crystals as part of the season pass?

I don't mind the gacha stuff too much, but catching em all sounds miserable.

RealityWarCriminal fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 2, 2018

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

You can buy legendary core crystals with bonus exp too.

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016

Zoran posted:

You can buy legendary core crystals with bonus exp too.

Yeah, from what I've looked around, you can get overdrives, legendary cores, weapon exp items(not sure about this one), ether crystals, and accessory expansion items from different bards from each titan.

Meanwhile, Zeke's new ability is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXuNesJAEM

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DoctorChowder posted:

Yeah, from what I've looked around, you can get overdrives, legendary cores, weapon exp items(not sure about this one), ether crystals, and accessory expansion items from different bards from each titan.

Meanwhile, Zeke's new ability is amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmXuNesJAEM

well now, I may have to reconsider never using zeke

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
How do you get the new blades?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Reality Loser posted:

How do you get the new blades?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
UGH

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hope you farmed up the stacks of legendary crystals before they nerfed how blade stats work! Apparently that was the main culprit in lowering drop rates, since Gold Chips are only active on the active blades instead of all equipped blades now.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They said there are new quests that unlock the Torna blades supposedly

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
How the poo poo are you supposed to kill Vile Howard in the Crucible Elyps? The AI is too stupid and ends up jumping in the swamp, eventually dying. Jumping down to revive them essentially kills you too.

e: and the environment prevents level 3 arts and in turn elemental bursts.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Poppi is not affected by the restrictions of Spirit Crucible Elpys.

Just come back when you're stronger, the unique enemies in there are ridiculous your first time through. Also, Driver Combos help.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

bizarre deformity posted:

Poppi is not affected by the restrictions of Spirit Crucible Elpys.

Just come back when you're stronger, the unique enemies in there are ridiculous your first time through. Also, Driver Combos help.

The named boss before Howard was pretty easy despite the limitations though it helps I'm level 57, but the AI jumping down into the poison swamp is what's killing me.

Whatever, guess it's a matter of coming back later when I'm stronger, like you said. Shame killing named monsters isn't linked to quests, affinity or literally anything that would actually incentivize you to do anything in this game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Louisgod posted:

The named boss before Howard was pretty easy despite the limitations though it helps I'm level 57, but the AI jumping down into the poison swamp is what's killing me.

Whatever, guess it's a matter of coming back later when I'm stronger, like you said. Shame killing named monsters isn't linked to quests, affinity or literally anything that would actually incentivize you to do anything in this game.

They drop really, really good items, like chips and core crystals. Much better than the ones regular enemies do. That's a pretty good incentive.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

They said there are new quests that unlock the Torna blades supposedly

Yeah are there quests or gacha only?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Looks like someone doesn't have Zenobia yet.

They drop really, really good items, like chips and core crystals. Much better than the ones regular enemies do. That's a pretty good incentive.

The last two rare monsters I killed died from being toppled over pits, taking their loot with them.

DoctorChowder
Sep 17, 2016

Ometeotl posted:

Yeah are there quests or gacha only?

There's only one blade that's obtained by quest, the others are gacha cores

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Yeah, ignore Howard until you're significantly overleveled. There's a ledge you are supposedly "supposed" to fight on that you get to via a roundabout way but it seems way more sensible to just fight in the toxic water and do more heals. Take over your healer to do this yourself probably (End of that chapter spoiler)Nia on Rex is a good way to do that. That fight sucks no matter what. Driver combos and owning shops that reduce environmental damage help a ton. And just accepting that you should stay in the poison because that's where your teammates will end up anyways.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'm really, really annoyed this game doesn't have a "come to me" command like the first had. What a moronic oversight. If the game DOES have it then it's buried in sub-command hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Man my replay of Xenoblade is a lot faster in time. About seven hours in and I just got pass Xord. I don't remember him being so early, probably because I am ignoring most quests this time unless it something very easy to do like "kill this enemy" that I usually run into on the way to the next plot point.