Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man (chapter 8 spoilers) the literal second I landed in the chapter I instantly thought "holy poo poo is this actually Shulks happytown at the end of 1?", now the characters are talking about how it's where the Architect was born and I'm just not so calmly losing my mind.

I never played XB1 so I wondering why there's a modern-rear end city under the clouds.

Later chapter 8 spoilers: Man I am SHOCKED that the Sky Pope is actually evil! Who could have guessed!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DalaranJ posted:

Until then it is Nia time, all the time. :getin:

Which reminds me, does anyone else have healing 'spell' arts (that is, non-potion) other than Nia?

Boreas has a pretty decent one.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Boreas has a pretty decent one.

Only on Nia and 4. Everyone has unique arts per weapon and Rex/5 don't get a direct heal (except for Rex with a late game unique blade)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

As much as I appreciate getting to fight alongside a bunch of Polynians, when do I start getting unique Blades?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

Only on Nia and 4. Everyone has unique arts per weapon and Rex/5 don't get a direct heal (except for Rex with a late game unique blade)

No, they have a direct heal on Rex as well.

Pollyanna posted:

As much as I appreciate getting to fight alongside a bunch of Polynians, when do I start getting unique Blades?

There's about half a dozen that are through sidequests and story progression, the rest... :rolldice:.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pollyanna posted:

A bunch come from following the main story and sidequests, but most are from opening cores. So just open more cores.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

A bunch come from following the main story and sidequests, but most are from opening cores. So just open more cores.

Also don't just stick the generics in the shredder the moment you get them. There's a game mechanic for them after Chapter 3.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Vess’s sidequest would be a bit more effective if she didn’t look so upsetting and awful
Also the concept of having to wait a little bit before being able to resummon an inherited crystal is cool, but the execution is awful because I wanna equip her already goddammit

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Vess’s sidequest would be a bit more effective if she didn’t look so upsetting and awful
Also the concept of having to wait a little bit before being able to resummon an inherited crystal is cool, but the execution is awful because I wanna equip her already goddammit

How long do you have to wait?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Couple hours of clock time. No plot progression or anything

Also holy poo poo did the Emperor of Mor Ardain just (chapter 6 spoilers) run forward into an explosion and die for no goddamn reason because he's a loving moron lmao man is he ever lucky that the plot is doing poo poo

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
So end of the game spoilers and thoughts

So, Klaus seems to have literally split into good and evil halves when he got shifted into XB1 and XB2. XB1 becoming Zanza and doing the crazy bullshit there, and XB2 turning into a kind of benevolent creator deity who is like the first JRPG God I've met who didn't go evil.

Also Ontos is totally Alvis from XC1 right?

They tied 1 and 2 together pretty hard in the end.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ibram Gaunt posted:

About an hour or two for any Core Crystals that were deactivated.

Calaveron posted:

Vess' sidequest would be a bit more effective if she didn't look so upsetting and awful

I'm actually surprised her guest-artist was Kia Asamiya. Given the facial structure, I assumed it had to be Leiji Matsumoto.

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Couple hours of clock time. No plot progression or anything

Also holy poo poo did the Emperor of Mor Ardain just (chapter 6 spoilers) run forward into an explosion and die for no goddamn reason because he's a loving moron lmao man is he ever lucky that the plot is doing poo poo

He's pretty clearly trying to grab the detonator from Bana and using Aegeaon to keep everyone safe as a last-ditch thing in case he fucks it up. He fucks it up.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

There's about half a dozen that are through sidequests and story progression, the rest... :rolldice:.

Zore posted:

Is there any reason I shouldn’t just open them all immediately? Or should I wait? I’m at the beginning of Chapter 3(?), I think. The “Chapter 2” thing just came up.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pollyanna posted:

Is there any reason I shouldn’t just open them all immediately? Or should I wait? I’m at the beginning of Chapter 3(?), I think. The “Chapter 2” thing just came up.

Go nuts with Core Crystals, you get plenty throughout the game.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It is better to to save it for future party members, specifically not-Rex.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm actually surprised her guest-artist was Kia Asamiya. Given the facial structure, I assumed it had to be Leiji Matsumoto.

I thought the Silent Mobius-nose would have been a dead giveaway.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What... what is Godfrey threatening to whip out next time

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I have been very hesitant with opening cores because I remember a somebody mentioning earlier in the game that your luck stat affects what you get so I didn't even crack more then a few open till I farmed two accessory that boost it. Thus far I have Cora, some high energy lightning lady with fists on Rex and Dahlia, some kind of ice women with beasty hands and a very large pair of blitzballs on Nia.

They both have a kinda southern accent, so that's something.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Does this game not have a collectapedia? And can you only have two Blades swappable during battle?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Neddy Seagoon posted:

He's pretty clearly trying to grab the detonator from Bana and using Aegeaon to keep everyone safe as a last-ditch thing in case he fucks it up. He fucks it up.
I mean, yes. And you can leave "he fucks it up" outside of the spoiler tags imo because does he ever gently caress it up.

(is that blade you get after that a tank blade by any chance, given what I know about it? just assuming but don't want to gently caress up putting it on Four.)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Louisgod posted:

Does this game not have a collectapedia? And can you only have two Blades swappable during battle?

you can add a third after chapter 3

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I mean, yes. And you can leave "he fucks it up" outside of the spoiler tags imo because does he ever gently caress it up.

(is that blade you get after that a tank blade by any chance, given what I know about it? just assuming but don't want to gently caress up putting it on Four.)

It is. Also you can't put it on anyone but 4.

Also end cutscene spoilers

Lol that you're literally racing to beat your final boss before the XBC1 crew beats theirs because once they do you lose a bunch of your super powers

Zore fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Dec 10, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

It is. Also you can't put it on anyone but 4.
As if I'd want to put it on anyone else anyway, Four is dreamy :allears:

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Welp, just got to the Ch.7 healer blade. Now I dunno what to do! Too many decisions!

Game owns so much. Despite the Cavern of Infinite Bullshit, the character arcs are giving me some mighty feels now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I keep rolling loving healers on 4!!! I want some tanks!!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

In Training posted:

I keep rolling loving healers on 4!!! I want some tanks!!

You get a guaranteed one in Chapter 5, also there's the one you can fish up in Mor Ardain. No RNG for those two.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Zore posted:

You get a guaranteed one in Chapter 5, also there's the one you can fish up in Mor Ardain. No RNG for those two.

Is that a sidequest or just a salvage point?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Zore posted:

I got a totally loving sick Dark type one and now I'll keep doing the story for more, ty. Also where do I fish up the other one? I've done a lot of salvaging but never came across it unless it's in a specific salvage spot

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Dirk the Average posted:

Is that a sidequest or just a salvage point?

Its kind of a sidequest in that you can hear about it in town, though it isn't in your journal. Basically you pull up a named monster who ate a famous driver and blade (its a dark Katana tank)

Its the salvage point on the lower level behind that locked door from the docks in Mor Ardain.

also loving lol the goddamn ending of this game

Of course Rex gets a into a full loving harem situation. Anime never changes.

Zore fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Dec 10, 2017

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Just out of curiosity; Is the post-game stuff an actual post-story epilogue state, or is it just a rewind to pre-final-boss-with-extra-world-bosses/quests thing?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Just out of curiosity; Is the post-game stuff an actual post-story epilogue state, or is it just a rewind to pre-final-boss-with-extra-world-bosses/quests thing?

Rewind to right before the final boss.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This game has excellent frog textures.

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Also don't just stick the generics in the shredder the moment you get them. There's a game mechanic for them after Chapter 3.

I have just reached this point and had been sending my common dudes home ( it appeared there was a space limit to them but I don't know if that's the case), I've got plenty of core crystals though, should I just rip a bunch of them and start sending them on missions? I assume there are unlimited missions? Seeing some new affinity chart conditions as well so I'm assuming there are unique blade specific missions.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Do I have to complete this sidequest to unlock another mercenary rank?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

DalaranJ posted:

Which sidequest?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DalaranJ posted:

Yup.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I just got party member four and after using 4 rare crystals and 1 common crystal they now have Finch and Perceval. There goes all of my blade drawing luck. :stare:

those are my first and second role-relevant rare blade pulls. So crazy. I hope these two are good blades. Perceval looks awesome.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Just got to Zeke ch 3 and this is just amazing. The way it switches to the Zenogears battle transition at the end was just the icing on the cake. :allears:

More showa era people should try writing YA style, it produces some amazing results.

That said, I’m a little lost now. I have no idea how I’m going to get up those stairs to get to the capital.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Dec 10, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm still very early on but I hope the general tone stays the sort of Saturday morning cartoon-ish style it has been so far.

Also Morag's accent seems a bit inconsistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Found these useful docs laying around the internet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tAd2MsOdDj7it2CLJkwf84rI9OHWvazjr2CSBtv3Mms/htmlview?sle=true

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HKkPoCbW0oO1JzV-hx21ueZMIjmWdboVh3vgSrlEwj4/htmlview